Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#309682 by Boppsta
Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:36 pm
ello!
My real name is Mark and the first album I ever owned was a cassette of Steve Vai's 'Passion and Warfare'. It was given to me as a 9 year old after my father decided that it wasn't enough like what he played in the movie Crossroads, which we watched the ending of a lot at an impressionable age. He did have some decent vinyl to go through too though. Queen, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Doors, etc. So I was pretty much spoiled right off the bat as far as musical exposure.

I did note Devin's work with Steve on 'Sex and Religion'. I also noted him a few years later when I heard SYL's 'All Hail the New Flesh'. For some lame reason I never looked into him any further. Duh. You know? So now I heard some chatter about Epicloud in a metal forum and checked it out last week. I was first hearing the new album right as, unbeknownst to me at the time, he was playing a show 30 minutes away, probably hitting the stage right as I heard it. He is so f-ing good. just unbelievable. I don him the king of super-amazing-goodcore. Just like every single song he puts out is a listen into his tap of the universe at the time. It's totally fascinating that someone has managed to pull this sound out of the ether with such fidelity. I'm checking out his catalog and man everything just rules. I thought this would be a good forum to join, because I think this dude attracts super positive people and he gets my vote for human being. ya dig?

About me, dude, 30, play bass for fun, feeling good feels good, computer-aided-draft cabinetry for work, listen to good music and try and get better at being me all the time. Rock.