Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#311106 by Tobin
Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:18 pm
I'm new to Devin Townsend's music. Someone from another message board posted a youtube link to a live version of "Supercrush!" a few weeks ago and I was instantly hooked. I bought all five Devin Townsend Project albums without hearing another song. :coucou:

It's been a long time since I've done something like that, but I am not disappointed. My favorite of the five so far is Epicloud, but they all have their points and I've just listened to each album once so my favorite might change in the future.

One of the things I like about the hevydevy site is where Devin describes his mindset during the creation of his albums and kind of tells us what was going on in his life. That gives me insights into the lyrics on the DTP albums.

About me: I'm a 40 year old trucker from Richmond, Indiana. I got married about a year ago and came in off the road to take a local driving job so I could be with my sweetie. We are hoping to have a child. I've been a fan of heavy music since I was 14. Some of my early favorites were solo Ozzy, Metallica, AC/DC, Megadeth, and Anthrax. This was back in the 80s when those bands were at what I think was their best. I discovered Slayer and Black Sabbath a little later. In the 90s I was a bipolar mess and spent most of my time in an alcohol or drug induced haze. I can't remember what I listened to back then. Now days I don't buy a lot of metal albums, but I pick one up here and there. I get most of my metal from satellite radio's Liquid Metal. But recent purchases are more on the rock side- JEFF the Brotherhood, Jimi Hendrix's "Electric Ladyland", Rush's new one to name a few. One of the things that I like about DTP is the genre bending that goes into the music. I can get into a lot of different styles of music and you hear stuff coming from everywhere in Devin's music.

So that's me. Pleased to meet you all and I look forward to talking to you.
#311111 by JuZ
Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:32 pm
Welcome!