Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#307356 by Yes
Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:59 am
Hello folks of the HevyDevy forums!

For anyone who's interested, my name is Christopher and I've been hovering around reading this forum for quite a long time. It seems like a fun place to be. You're very beautiful, well done.

I love music. I also love the process behind art, which is likely why I'm so interested in Devin and his work - Dev seems extremely open and honest in sharing the process. From reading old threads and getting a glimpse into how the DTP evolved, to those production commentaries, it all adds up to a fascinating picture.

I discovered Dev's music by buying a copy of Terria on a whim (I think it was part of a 3CD deal from some online retailer or the other). I spun it a few times, then put it away. Six months later I dug it out again and it finally sunk in. I've been listening carefully ever since. Ki and Ghost have a special place in my soul.

I live in London. By day, I am a social housing professional, helping people who can't afford their own home or private sector rents find a place to live. By night, I play keyboards in a Opeth-ish band called Carpathia, and am "Dave Hurry" in HI-ON MAIDEN, the only official tribute to Iron Maiden. I also play lead guitar for my good friend Lee Abraham, who writes some nice long songs and lets me widdle on them occasionally.

I'll dive in when I have something to say, except for hello.

But hello!

Cheers,
Chris
#307402 by JuZ
Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:14 pm
Hello!

Hooray for posting instead of lurking. And don't worry, I post all the time and I don't think I've said anything noteworthy yet. Don't tell anyone though, they might kick me out.

Sweet, you're in Hi-On Maiden! That looks like a hell of a lot of fun.
#307412 by Helge-Uwe
Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:02 am
A warm welcome!
#307487 by Yes
Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:41 am
Thank you both!

JuZ wrote:Sweet, you're in Hi-On Maiden! That looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

It most definitely is. Wigging up and playing songs I've known since I was about 12 is more fun than I can describe. I don't listen to classic Maiden much these days (still love it but you know....you get burnt out on things), but I love playing the songs. Plus I love the recent output. Closet fanboy I guess.

There's some video of us all spandex-ed up out there too. I'm the one on stage right in the blue...it's pretty funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86hZHvnU ... ppxv8QSvFw
#309416 by Dave H
Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:02 am
You're in Hi-On Maiden?!. Wow, small world. My youngest brother's mate (Rob) used to be Dave Hurry. I've lost count of how many times I saw Hi-On Maiden at JB's in Dudley (RIP) before I moved south.
#310801 by Yes
Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:47 am
Dave H wrote:You're in Hi-On Maiden?!. Wow, small world. My youngest brother's mate (Rob) used to be Dave Hurry. I've lost count of how many times I saw Hi-On Maiden at JB's in Dudley (RIP) before I moved south.

I know Rob! We were in the band together for a while - I was their Janick Gers before I got, er, promoted :)

Rob is one of life's most wonderful human beings!
#310962 by Dave H
Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:31 am
Yes wrote:
Dave H wrote:You're in Hi-On Maiden?!. Wow, small world. My youngest brother's mate (Rob) used to be Dave Hurry. I've lost count of how many times I saw Hi-On Maiden at JB's in Dudley (RIP) before I moved south.

I know Rob! We were in the band together for a while - I was their Janick Gers before I got, er, promoted :)

I've known Rob since he was about 12. Not seen him in ages as I don't get back to the Midlands much. Although I vaguely remember my Brother telling me Rob had moved to Cornwall. Or did I dream that?
#311133 by Yes
Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:15 am
Dave H wrote:
Yes wrote:

I've known Rob since he was about 12. Not seen him in ages as I don't get back to the Midlands much. Although I vaguely remember my Brother telling me Rob had moved to Cornwall. Or did I dream that?

No dream - he has indeed moved to Cornwall, with American wife and dog in tow! I saw him when I last did a gig down that way, he looks very happy and well.