Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#325090 by Noa
Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:56 pm
Hey everyone, I'm here :)
Well, about me... I've been a gigantic fan of Strapping Young Lad and Devin since 2009. Unfortunately, I am a bit too young to have experienced SYL during it's peak, something I'll always be bummed about! But, what can you do? Anyway, City was an extremely important album to me that helped me through many tough times and started a chain reaction which turned me into the massive Devin fan I am today... I'm truly grateful for his music as well as him as a person, what a seriously amazing and genuine dude! I'm so glad he exists. So, that's why I'm here, because I want to be around people who love him. :)
#325249 by dervorin
Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:03 am
Hello everybody! I've been digging DT since I saw Kingdom from by a thread on YouTube back in 2012 around the time epicloud came out, and it was on from there...here I am four years later, having happily listened through his entire discography and loving every second of it, and looking very much forward to Transcendence and seeing him for the second time in NYC, and hopefully at one or two other dates on the tour as well.

About me, I am a musical novice, having played guitar for roughly five months, and try every day to get some practice in. I love running through Devin's songs...open C is such an enjoyable tuning to fool around in! Truth is my favorite song to play and I can't wait for the upcoming rework! I hope one day to make music of my own but for now I am content to sit back and enjoy the true genius of Devin Townsend and his opera omnia.
#325419 by FruitlessWorship
Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:09 pm
Oh wow, I actually bothered to read the rules! (I'm not very good at forums)
Hello there, I made an account apparently a little while ago but I don't remember doing so, probably around the time when I first found Dev's work. My name's Malcolm, and I'm a relatively new fan, I think I heard my first Devy song (Kingdom) after seeing it in my youtube suggestions late last year, and it's all been uphill from there.
Also, I'm a musician and have a Bandcamp as well as a Soundcloud, https://fruitlessworship.bandcamp.com/ and https://soundcloud.com/fruitlessworship respectively. Devin inspired me to start getting serious about making solo music, and some of my work you can very much hear the influence (I'm working on it haha). Hope to engage in some great conversation here :)
#325432 by EphelDuath666
Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:35 pm
FruitlessWorship wrote:Oh wow, I actually bothered to read the rules! (I'm not very good at forums)
Hello there, I made an account apparently a little while ago but I don't remember doing so, probably around the time when I first found Dev's work. My name's Malcolm, and I'm a relatively new fan, I think I heard my first Devy song (Kingdom) after seeing it in my youtube suggestions late last year, and it's all been uphill from there.
Also, I'm a musician and have a Bandcamp as well as a Soundcloud, https://fruitlessworship.bandcamp.com/ and https://soundcloud.com/fruitlessworship respectively. Devin inspired me to start getting serious about making solo music, and some of my work you can very much hear the influence (I'm working on it haha). Hope to engage in some great conversation here :)

well, welcome Malcolm! Hope you'll enjoy your time on here! :) Sure glad you discovered Dev's work! I remember when I did that...gosh, like 15 years ago. Was pretty awesome! But it also means I'm getting kinda old....bummer! Anywhoo, look around and make yourself at home!
#325442 by sacrdandprofne
Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:43 pm
Hi all!

36 y/o old fan from Ontario. Been a fan of Devy for probably the last 4 years or so; getting to see him live for the first time in Toronto on Tuesday! Super stoked!

Looking forward to getting to know you!
#325445 by Tyroshai
Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:29 am
sacrdandprofne wrote:Hi all!

36 y/o old fan from Ontario. Been a fan of Devy for probably the last 4 years or so; getting to see him live for the first time in Toronto on Tuesday! Super stoked!

Hey hey! Good to meet a fellow Devhead...Welcome! :)
#325449 by sacrdandprofne
Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:36 am
Tyroshai wrote:
sacrdandprofne wrote:Hi all!

Hey hey! Good to meet a fellow Devhead...Welcome! :)

Thank you! :D
#325483 by iceblink
Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:25 pm
Hi, great to find a forum devoted to Devin.
I live on a small island on the Sunshine Coast of Queenaland, Australia.

I got into Devin only last year and i already have 10 or his albums. Actually i just ordered Ghost a few days back.
My favourite album of his is Terria and i'd say Nobody Home would be my favourite track, but i like them all, except for track one.
The first album of Devin's i bought was The Physicist. I became aware of him thru another forum i go to, Steve Hoffman forum, someone posted a video and i thought i'd better check him out.
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/forums/music-corner.2/

Not long after that i read an interview with Devin and he said he love the King's X song, The Burning Down. King's X were my favourite band for a very long time and that song would be in my top 4 of theirs. Devin liked the way it goes on and on[like me in this post] leading up to the end of the song.
I do hear this type of thing with some of Devin's songs which is great as that was something i absolutely love about King's X.

God, i've rambled on too much, haven't I? OOPS!
#325485 by swervedriver
Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:21 am
Welcome! Rambling's fine, worry not. Especially when it's about King's X. Love them, wish they'd come across to Europe again someday. :)
#325729 by DejaSenti
Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:52 pm
Hello friends!

Tom here, 26 from Israel.
Been a fan of the Dev for well over 3 years now.
Entered a weird stage in my life back then, suddenly filled up with rage and re-stumbled upon City(which I didn't like at first), and totally related to it. Then listened to Ocean Machine and became hooked instantly.
I pretty much love everything Devin ever released(naturally, some things less than others), and I really want to see him live, except he's never visited the middle east. Ah well. Hoping to go to Plovdiv in September =)

I trust I'm going to like it here, so see you around!
#325731 by Octillus
Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:33 am
Welcome! I'll be in Plovdiv because I am a crazy person who travels halfway round the world for these things.
#325741 by Detrivore
Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:11 am
Hey!

My name's Sadie Scarlett Smith (Detrivore is my producer name [mainly for electronic music], feel free to look me up on soundcloud and mixcloud!) and I thought I'd give you a rambling intro as to why I'm here!

I've been in to DTP's music for a significant part of my life. I'm 21 and have Ziltoid and Addicted! since I was about 15. I did a lot of listening to those albums, but then for some reason never ventured into the rest (probably because I was being overwhelmed with the amount of new music I could take in at the time). Somehow I missed the boat on SYL who I woulda loved at the time...

So recently I was looking to explore some new metal again, after taking an electronic music and hip hop tangent for a couple years. I don't know how I re-stumbled upon DTP, but as soon as I did I remembered how completely different from everything else they were.

I am on a constant quest for meaning in lyrically driven music, so most of the metal I listened to fell out my day-to-day listening. But when I re-discovered DTP (and after a bit DTB and to a lesser degree SYL), I realised that there was a whole other layer of significance that I could access now, and how much more I could relate to particular aspects of the intent and subject matter now.
Positivity whilst retaining the intesity that metal has is exactly what I was looking for at this point in my life, and exactly what I needed to be inspired to create.

And my re-discovery co-incided with the beginning of the Transcendence Tour videos and documentary, and obviously the release of the album (which in many ways is my favourite!) which couldn't have been more perfect. And then when I looked up the tour dates, I saw that they are playing in the city I love, and now live in, next year. So I of course bought a ticket as soon as I could! And now I'm hyped as fuck for that (and it's also 3 days before Bangface, my favourite electronic music event - my heart might explode).

I haven't had a favourite band in a while, and I couldn't have hoped for a more inspirational one.

So I'm not a forum savvy person - but it seemed a natural progession!

(ramble, ramble, ramble...)

So...anyone on here gonna be at the Bristol show in March?

Safe!
:D