Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#325901 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:22 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:RIP Adam West :(

My first Batman. Gone but never forgotten.
#325923 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:25 pm
That's very sad news. I had the privilege and pleasure to have a question of mine answered by him at a Q & A when Diary of the Dead was released. He was a true gentleman and genius of cinema.

Also, vale Martin Landau.
#325986 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:56 am
The wildfires in northern California, as the regions affected are where my sisters and I were born, and where the majority of our family live (on my mother's side, anyhow).
One of our friends already lost his house, but thankfully he and his family are safe.
#325993 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 am
R.I.P. Martin Eric Ain.

I feel privileged to seen Celtic Frost in Melbourne so many years ago. Even got the horns thrown back to me from him.

This picture was taken from my old phone.

#326025 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:19 pm
RIP Fast Eddie Clarke. I'll be blasting Motorhead tonight in his (and Lemmy and Phil's) memory.
#326036 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:27 am
A relatively minor gripe but when I think of Sunday night, I usually don't think of walking about 15 kilometres from the city to my apartment.

Context: went to visit my sister who lives on the other end of the metro region, and it usually takes an hour and a half to get home by train. I am okay with this.
I am not okay with last minute bus replacements that the train operators haphazardly throw together because of emergency maintenance; more specifically, when the bus drivers and coordinating staff dick around and act like they don't know what they're doing, causing me (and several others) to miss the connecting bus and thus the last train home from another station further down the line.
Consequently, I was left stranded in the city because that was the last stop and having no money, I couldn't afford a cab home. It should be noted it was about 12:45am when it was confirmed the train operators weren't going to do shit, so I elected to walk.
Only took me about four fucking hours and now I can't sleep because I'm full of adrenaline. Going to try, though.
#326107 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:43 pm
RIP Vinnie Paul. Dammit, that's both brothers lost. At least their legacies remain.
#326109 by EphelDuath666
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:38 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:RIP Vinnie Paul. Dammit, that's both brothers lost. At least their legacies remain.

yup...RIP. Another one gone :(
#326197 by fragility
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:34 am
fragility wrote:Personally, this year has been a complete and utter crap fest. On to brighter days.

2017, I'd appreciate it if you'd give me less of a beating than your predecessor.

2016, I know you got stuck with fallout from 2015, but that doesn't excuse you being a complete arsehole.

2017 and 2018 were even bigger arseholes than 2016. Oh 2019, I’m not taking this s**t without a fight
#326398 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:16 pm
Some little asshole broke into my car yesterday, whilst it was in what I thought was a secure parking lot. Not just mine but several others as well.
Nothing stolen thankfully but the fact that my car had one its windows smashed open, the trunk left open, and what little was in my glove compartment (some paperwork, the manual and my Terria CD) thrown to floor amongst the glass has me ultra pissed.
Hopefully the CCTV helps catch the cunt.