Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#326006 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:03 am
Went to a chili chicken restaurant for my sister's birthday tonight and had some drumsticks cooked in "Really Fucking Hot" sauce and rub.
They definitely lived up to the title. Sweet baby Jesus, I'm as high as a kite right now.
#326008 by KeasbyNights
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:37 am
It's not even worth going in the welcome home thread because I am absolutely shit at committing to anything, but I have returned, again, from hiatus. I'm glad this forum is still trudging along, and I hope to be more active (again) to do my little part. It's good to see Bookwyrm still at it. I've missed you weirdos.

Also, I just had two onion bagels and I'm in a pink stretchy chair currently. Life is good.
#326011 by Victimlas
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:24 pm
Been away from here too! It's been so busy with work and life. All good here too :) We just got to see DTP on Sunday opening for Clutch and it was an amazing show. Just wish we had gotten a headlining one
#326019 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:31 pm
I climbed Mount Wellington (just outside Hobart) yesterday. Here's a shot of the city from the summit, complete with a random tourist blocking the view.

BTW, if it looks a bit compressed, it's because I had to scale down the original image which was too large to upload here. I think it's fine.
#326033 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:59 am
I just found out tonight that my father died nearly four months ago.

Indulge me a reaction I've waited decades to have:
[youtube]M-ThnIJW3wg[/youtube]

Beyond that, there is nothing left but sweet emptiness.
#326065 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:48 am
I realize it's not a metal gig unless you walk away covered in beer and bruises but I that doesn't mean I appreciate it when some wild asshole flies out of the mosh pit and knocks my drink out of my hand.
I still had half a pint left and most of it splashed on my jeans. Could only salvage a sip from the glass when I picked it up. And on top of that at some stage some other cunt left a big scrape across my wrist; I presume from decorative spikes. :x
That being said, both Cattle Decapitation and Psycroptic were awesome.
#326083 by Victimlas
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:18 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:looks like we're back! :)

Yes! sorry about that! We updated to php 7 on the server and didn't realize it would break the board :oops:
#326084 by EphelDuath666
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:33 pm
Victimlas wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:looks like we're back! :)

Yes! sorry about that! We updated to php 7 on the server and didn't realize it would break the board :oops:

buuuuuut you brought it back and it looks as good as new. So yay you! :)
#326096 by Liampie
Sat May 26, 2018 7:51 am
Wait. Hevy Devy Forums is online? Like five years ago the forums disappeared overnight. Did the site not work just for me the whole time? I swear the forums were taken down. I feel like an idiot. Anyway, I'm stoked that this little, super nice corner of the internet is back. Bookmarked.
#326098 by EphelDuath666
Wed May 30, 2018 3:45 pm
well, the server was down a few years ago, for quite a while. But then it got fixed and everything was back. So the forums were never "gone gone". :) Welcome back!
#326099 by Bookwyrm83
Wed May 30, 2018 11:02 pm
Chuck Norris is coming to the Sydney Supanova I'm attending mid-June and he's charging upwards of $120 for autographs and/or photos.
He can get chucked.

Meanwhile, I hope to get Richard Dreyfuss' autograph for my limited edition Blu-ray of Jaws.
#326112 by St_Clean
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:01 am
Once a year I drop by to see whats up in here. I end up stealing photos to upload to my fan page :P#iregretnothing