Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#293896 by Tang
Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:42 pm
Octillus wrote:[youtube]SFCZDNwomRA[/youtube]

I see your Judas Priest and raise a Bloodbath.

[youtube]hGPvsKzrRi8[/youtube]
#293897 by Tang
Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:43 pm
Abydost wrote:I just happened to be listening to this whilst I read the OP. Personally I'd rather jump over to the Kepler, be one of the first to travel. Or like, Mars. Fun!

[youtube]UBfoMgllphs[/youtube]

great minds think alike, shit like that.

:)
#293918 by Billy Rhomboid
Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:18 am
aleksi wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Wall of text

If we'd eat more vegetables and less meat there would be more food available overall.

/thread

surely there would just be fewer vegetables to go round?

And also surely Seth Putnam must have had a song entitled 'Vegetarians are gay'?
#293921 by EphelDuath666
Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 am
just because I bang Mark, Geert and Sab that doesn't mean I'm gay. Oh wait...

but in all honesty, what others eat is about as interesting to me as whether they sit or stand while taking a piss. I don't have any vegetarian friends and am the only vegetarian in my family and I don't try to "enlighten" them and they don't try to "enlighten" me. I know there's this clich
#293960 by Tonya Elf
Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:30 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:just because I bang Mark, Geert and Sab that doesn't mean I'm gay. Oh wait...

but in all honesty, what others eat is about as interesting to me as whether they sit or stand while taking a piss. I don't have any vegetarian friends and am the only vegetarian in my family and I don't try to "enlighten" them and they don't try to "enlighten" me. I know there's this clich
#293963 by Octillus
Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:33 pm
Tonya Elf wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:just because I bang Mark, Geert and Sab that doesn't mean I'm gay. Oh wait...

#293968 by swervedriver
Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:25 pm
I hate animals, so I eat them.
#294005 by JuZ
Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:07 pm
swervedriver wrote:I hate animals, so I eat them.

I adore animals. Medium rare.

Different roads, same juicy, tender destination.
#294008 by BlueRaja
Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:13 pm
Isn't Dev a veggie? Or was?

I'm not a vegetarian, since I still eat some chicken, turkey and fish, but that's the lot of it. I often find myself on the defense regarding my diet, but I never push my views on anyone. It's an odd thing. I also drink kombucha daily, and plenty of people think that's odd in itself. :P
#294021 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 am
I was a bit drunk when I wrote this, and the idea of a parody of certain "intellectual" threads seemed funny at the time. Basing it on something so ridiculous as vegetarians vs meat eaters and respective cannibalism made it seem funnier. The day after I realized it was a bad idea, but the site was suspended before I could do anything about it.

So please don't think me an asshole for writing this thread up; just making it clear now it was, and still is, a joke. A tasteless one yes, but still not meant to be taken seriously.

Edit: never mind, just read the preceding posts, I don't have to worry about being Gaia pt 2.

I'm a pescetarian, so I suppose I'd be considered a light snack either way you look at it.
#294034 by BlueRaja
Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:11 am
Octillus wrote:I like kombucha! I'm weird too.

We're hippie west coasters.
#294043 by JuZ
Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:02 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:I was a bit drunk when I wrote this, and the idea of a parody of certain "intellectual" threads seemed funny at the time. Basing it on something so ridiculous as vegetarians vs meat eaters and respective cannibalism made it seem funnier. The day after I realized it was a bad idea, but the site was suspended before I could do anything about it.

So please don't think me an asshole for writing this thread up; just making it clear now it was, and still is, a joke. A tasteless one yes, but still not meant to be taken seriously.

Edit: never mind, just read the preceding posts, I don't have to worry about being Gaia pt 2.

I'm a pescetarian, so I suppose I'd be considered a light snack either way you look at it.

It did have a bit of the drunken post about it but it made me laugh. Good to see you back on the forum.

And you better not become that dude pt 2!
#294045 by Coma Divine
Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:11 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:So, what do you think? Discuss in a friendly and civilized manner your thoughts on selective cannibalism.

mmm...one percennnntttt...think of it as redistribution of (burp) organic resources:
[youtube]OvzePsDYv7k&feature=related[/youtube]
#294051 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:43 am
JuZ wrote:And you better not become that dude pt 2!

Considering I'm not a right-wing facist Nazi, I don't see that happening. :wink: