Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct

#164219 by BlueRaja
Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:54 am
One can go visit Michael Hussar's works. :D

Warning: Creepy!

I love his stuff tho. Someone got a tattoo of one of his paintings on L.A. Ink by Corey Miller (turned out amazing), but I couldn't find that particular piece on his site. So, see below.

"Portrait of Hans Memling"

#164304 by StopCuttingMyArmsOff
Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:43 pm
Very odd indeed, Blue, you must know of HR Giger and Hans Bellmer, I LOVE that kind of stuff.

I, myself, use the interwebs just for reference and stuff like that (I write code, make my own games, build electronic stuff, just hobbies but in other ords, I'm a fucking nerd) and I also love to discuss and look up Silent Hill, I am a HUGE fan.

#164308 by Josiah Tobin
Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:41 pm
StopCuttingMyArmsOff wrote:Very odd indeed, Blue, you must know of HR Giger and Hans Bellmer, I LOVE that kind of stuff.

I, myself, use the interwebs just for reference and stuff like that (I write code, make my own games, build electronic stuff, just hobbies but in other ords, I'm a fucking nerd) and I also love to discuss and look up Silent Hill, I am a HUGE fan.

Hey, cool! Another indie game developer? I don't code myself actually (I usually just team up with people who can :p), but I'm a pixel artist/musican/writer in that community. Lots of great indie games out there.

~Josiah

#164310 by Persuader
Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:46 pm
I just love the video game nerd, spent a good four hours there the other night. Takes you back to the frustration of NES games that you had forgotten all about. Great nerd stuff. :)

#164349 by BlueRaja
Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:24 am
StopCuttingMyArmsOff wrote:Very odd indeed, Blue, you must know of HR Giger and Hans Bellmer, I LOVE that kind of stuff.

Yes! In fact, I was just talking to someone not even 10 minutes ago about HR Giger, since we got on the subject of favorite movies (hers - The Usual Suspects, a couple of mine - Alien & Aliens).

Speaking of, Ryan Van Poo's got some awesome Gigerish tattoos on his legs. They might be in the Album somewhere...

I'm a big Dali fan as well. I have his "Musical Tempest" in a cool black frame over the TV center. Although, I'm not quite sure what people think about it. I don't think it's that strange. :?
I really want a Husser print, but I'm afraid of it scaring my young niece and nephew.

#164369 by Coma Divine
Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:11 pm
BlueRaja wrote:I'm a big Dali fan as well. I have his "Musical Tempest" in a cool black frame over the TV center. Although, I'm not quite sure what people think about it. I don't think it's that strange. :?
That's cool.

I have The Metamorphosis of Narcissus above mine. 8)

#164372 by BlueRaja
Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:40 pm
Coma Divine wrote:
I have The Metamorphosis of Narcissus above mine. 8)

Nice! 8)

Luis Royo isn't really my preference, but I can appreciate his works.

#164383 by BrunoN
Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:50 pm
If we're at our favourite artists I'll advertise mr Beksinski again:

Moar here

(Luis "cheddar" Royo? Come on.)

#164389 by Josiah Tobin
Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:15 am
BrunoN wrote:If we're at our favourite artists I'll advertise mr Beksinski again:

[pics]

Moar here

(Luis "cheddar" Royo? Come on.)

Whoa, great art, but damn some of those images seriously freak me out. Quite disturbing to me.

#164393 by StopCuttingMyArmsOff
Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:48 am
BrunoN wrote:If we're at our favourite artists I'll advertise mr Beksinski again

I likes it a lot! Also, since we're on the subject of art, anyone remember those Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, and the pencil/charcoal drawings that were in them? I think that because I read those as a kid, I draw the way I do now haha.

If you don't know what I'm talking about:Image

#164401 by sarai-chan
Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:54 am
WOW

That Beksinksinsiz is Awesome!

This really helps me to kill time for few days :D

(if I'm bored and I need to kill time, I play XboX (@home ) or IRC (at work). Or I actually work :lol:)

#164414 by Biert
Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:18 am
Someday I'm going to buy a really expensive painting and hang it above the toilet.

#164419 by BlueRaja
Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:24 am
Biert wrote:Someday I'm going to buy a really expensive painting and hang it above the toilet.

You seem to spend a lot of time in the bathroom...