Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#281126 by swervedriver
Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:12 pm
Dunkelheit wrote:
swervedriver wrote:Completely forgot about Archer. <3

new season started a couple of days ago!

Awesome! I'll get right on that. :D
#281228 by Faffy
Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:01 pm
Did my favourite TV show just announce that they will be streaming it for people outside of Norway?!?! YES THEY DID.
The only show I watch next to Dexter. Fuck yeah.

Speaking of Dexter.. the internet here has a 500 MB per 24 hours limit... WHY?! D:
#281851 by sylkicks
Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:12 pm
Dear god almighty Breaking Bad just continually gets more and more depressing. It's do good but my lord. It's like I need a break after watching like 2 episodes, jeez.
#281859 by Octillus
Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:45 pm
sylkicks wrote:Dear god almighty Breaking Bad just continually gets more and more depressing. It's do good but my lord. It's like I need a break after watching like 2 episodes, jeez.

Ah, Season 2 I take it?
#281871 by lunarsea
Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:26 pm
I don't watch TV much, but Doctor Who. YES.
#281872 by sylkicks
Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:15 pm
Octillus wrote:
sylkicks wrote:Dear god almighty Breaking Bad just continually gets more and more depressing. It's do good but my lord. It's like I need a break after watching like 2 episodes, jeez.

Ah, Season 2 I take it?

Yup, just finished the second to last episode of the season. Fuck, man.
#281873 by Octillus
Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:32 pm
sylkicks wrote:
Octillus wrote:

Ah, Season 2 I take it?

Yeah, that'll do it.

I want to discuss more but man are they massive spoilers.
#281913 by stubear280
Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:41 am
You guys. Not so great news about Breaking Bad. Season 5 is going to be the last season.

As sad as that is, it makes sense. Plus that will most likely mean that show will NEVER get bad. I mean, season 4 has been a great season. Probably my second favorite season so far, next to the first.

Tonight's episode is going to especially crazy. That's all I can say without spoilers.
#281922 by sylkicks
Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:22 am
Octillus wrote:
sylkicks wrote:
Octillus wrote:

Ah, Season 2 I take it?

Yeah, that'll do it.

I want to discuss more but man are they massive spoilers.

PM? :D I know, you really can't say squat about it without completely ruining it. And I'm a firm believer that even after a season of a TV show is out you shouldn't talk about it-- that's how I got screwed with Dexter.

Yeah I heard they're cancelling it. It makes sense though, there's only so long you can carry out a story like Breaking Bad. I think a big motivating factor behind it too that isn't being said is our stupid new governor here is making it more expensive for them to film here. She is going to kill so many jobs under the guise of saving money.
#281932 by Octillus
Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:13 am
It's not cancelled, it's ending it on their own terms. Frankly, more shows SHOULD follow this lead, because I can think of very few season 6s worth watching.

Breaking Bad is having ever more viewers each year, and I guarantee the filming costs will only hurt new productions, not this one.

Things should not go on forever, and I get annoyed when they do.
#281941 by sylkicks
Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:29 am
Oh yeah, no, I totally agree. I like very much that it's ending on it's own terms and not being dragged out for the sake of still being on air. But it is one of the most expensive shows on cable, about 3 million an episode I believe, and the only reason why it hasn't been higher is all the tax breaks New Mexico has given filmmakers to come and make films/TV shows here. That's why so many movies have been made here recently-- True Grit, Paul, No Country for Old Men, the most recent Terminator, Transformers, Cowboys and Aliens, Observe and Report (ugh), Avengers, Crazy Heart, Let Me In, etc. But our new governor thinks it's not lucrative for the state so she's doing away with all these tax breaks. So now that it's not going to be so relatively low-end to make now I'm sure that's at least a factor in why they're not continuing. Same reason why In Plain Sight is ending too I believe.
#281944 by Octillus
Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:47 am
Not to go too far down this rabbit hole, but I find it fascinating that as a society we think it's alright to give tax breaks to the personal coffers of billionaires, but when it comes time for businesses literally employing people, it's along the lines you've spoken of.

Seems bass-ackwards doesn't it?
#281945 by sylkicks
Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:55 am
Completely ass backwards.
And I can blame her for killing my future career in this state. Looks like it's California for me...