Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#318432 by MikzorTheFirst
Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:46 am
Breaking Bad
Spoiler: show
A very satisfying ending in terms of bringing closure, but Ozymandias was definitely the emotional climax of the series. Some people call it predictable, but it was the natural way to end it. Enjoyable as always and everything fell into place, but it didn't have that ultimate moment of passion that you come to expect from an ending. The last gut-punch was Andrea getting executed, everything after that, we had already had the time to come to terms with.

Dexter
Dexter's finale was kind of the opposite. It threw a curveball with Deb's death and at least I was devastated and manly tears were shed. But it wasn't satisfying in the sense that it lead the character to the point where I had wanted him to get (which is; being finally free from the "Dark Passenger"), only to undo it mere moments after. So there was powerful stuff going on, but the experience was marred by how frustrating it felt.

Dexter's took me some time to digest, while BB made sense but felt a little less climactic. All in all, while not "perfect", I enjoyed both. Anyway, I can't wrap my head around the thought-process of people who end up perceiving the series as a whole ruined because of an ending. It's about the journey, not the destination, and all that jazz.

My favourite series-finale still belongs to Six Feet Under. Man, I cried like a lil' bitch with that one!
#318443 by EphelDuath666
Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:50 pm
didn't actually hear any complaints about the BB finale but to me it ended exactly as I was hoping for it to end.

Lydia got ricined...yay. Awesome moment #1. Finally that ricin got used. Then the Nazis got what they deserved. And the way they got it was awesome. I mean, Walt did not have anyone to recruit and it's not like anyone would have been nuts enough to help him anyways. So the whole thing with the automatic turret was awesome. So that was awesome moment #2.

Then, FINALLY, creepy Meth Damon Todd got what he deserved and not only was he killed, no, Jesse got to do it. Fuck yeah! And Jesse survived the whole thing. Seeing him laugh in disbelief while leaving was just sooooo satisfying. So that was awesome moment #3.

It was clear that Walt would die one way or another and I'm glad it was not the cancer that got him after he fought it for so long. I'm glad that his cancer did not win the battle after all. Oh and it was also great that Walt got to say bye to Skyler and Hollie and that he finally admitted that he did everything for himself, that he liked it.

Dunno, I'm just really, really pleased how it ended.
#318444 by fragility
Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:14 pm
Bloody brilliant :)

I'm bummed it's finished, and it seemed to come together so quickly but so good!

The shots with his kids were so well done

Really satisfied with how it all turned out

And me and my husband were both literally cheering Jesse on, no idea what the neighbours must think!

I might have to actually get a life now

It really is the most consistent show I've ever watched
Last edited by fragility on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#318445 by stubear280
Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:didn't actually hear any complaints about the BB finale but to me it ended exactly as I was hoping for it to end.

Lydia got ricined...yay. Awesome moment #1. Finally that ricin got used. Then the Nazis got what they deserved. And the way they got it was awesome. I mean, Walt did not have anyone to recruit and it's not like anyone would have been nuts enough to help him anyways. So the whole thing with the automatic turret was awesome. So that was awesome moment #2.

Then, FINALLY, creepy Meth Damon Todd got what he deserved and not only was he killed, no, Jesse got to do it. Fuck yeah! And Jesse survived the whole thing. Seeing him laugh in disbelief while leaving was just sooooo satisfying. So that was awesome moment #3.

It was clear that Walt would die one way or another and I'm glad it was not the cancer that got him after he fought it for so long. I'm glad that his cancer did not win the battle after all. Oh and it was also great that Walt got to say bye to Skyler and Hollie and that he finally admitted that he did everything for himself, that he liked it.

Dunno, I'm just really, really pleased how it ended.

Agreed. It's sad that it's gone, but they quit while they were ahead AND made it perfect.
#318446 by MikzorTheFirst
Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:56 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:didn't actually hear any complaints about the BB finale but to me it ended exactly as I was hoping for it to end.

Then I suggest avoiding IMDB's message board. Then again, you're sort of always better off avoiding IMDB's message boards. It is a bad place. What can men do against such reckless hate?
#318455 by sylkicks
Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 pm
Ello everyone! Haven't been around in awhile yet again. Hope you're all well!

But anywho, Breaking Fucking Bad...

You know, it's funny, initially when it ended, I felt disappointed because I expected something so much more explosive. But the more I thought about it I really appreciated that it was a quiet ending, and as close to a happy ending as BrBa was going to get. Really brilliant, and a very different TV ending. Once again, well done Mr. Villigan.

On that subject, for anyone who cares, I just started a BrBa blog wherein I will be dissecting the living shit out of the series :D Here it is if you wanna follow along: http://brbachemistry.blogspot.com/
#318456 by fragility
Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:52 pm
no, it had to be that way. His death was inevitable. Despite no longer liking the guy, I think we were all invested enough to want to see it somehow on his terms, rather than the cancer. I get the criticism that maybe it was all a little too tidy, but really, what else could they do?
#318463 by MikzorTheFirst
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:22 am
MikzorTheFirst wrote:

Then I suggest avoiding IMDB's message board. Then again, you're sort of always better off avoiding IMDB's message boards. It is a bad place. What can men do against such reckless hate?

the IMDB boards are good for entertainment when you want to see a bunch of trolls make an idiot of themselves. But yeah, I have given up on that place a long time ago ever since the 'The Dark Knight Rises' vs 'The Avengers' fanboy wars started on there. It was almost like watching a bunch of Twilight fangirls fighting over who the cutest emo boy in the Twilight movies is. And it's been going downhill on there ever since.

I mean sure...

Walter could have survived the whole thing and then beat cancer miraculously and then get back with his family and everything's awesome, whooo hooo....but who the fuck would have wanted to see such crap. Don't know what such people expect. Maybe they wanted Walter to go all Rambo or whatever, who knows.

Ahem. I have a suspicion that someone (I'm looking at you, Ephel :P ) accidentally clicked the "edit"-button here instead of "quote", because only the first paragraph is written by me. Either that, or my sleepwalking is becoming really advanced! :mrgreen:
#318468 by EphelDuath666
Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:32 am
MikzorTheFirst wrote:
MikzorTheFirst wrote:

the IMDB boards are good for entertainment when you want to see a bunch of trolls make an idiot of themselves. But yeah, I have given up on that place a long time ago ever since the 'The Dark Knight Rises' vs 'The Avengers' fanboy wars started on there. It was almost like watching a bunch of Twilight fangirls fighting over who the cutest emo boy in the Twilight movies is. And it's been going downhill on there ever since.

I mean sure...

Walter could have survived the whole thing and then beat cancer miraculously and then get back with his family and everything's awesome, whooo hooo....but who the fuck would have wanted to see such crap. Don't know what such people expect. Maybe they wanted Walter to go all Rambo or whatever, who knows.

Ahem. I have a suspicion that someone (I'm looking at you, Ephel :P ) accidentally clicked the "edit"-button here instead of "quote", because only the first paragraph is written by me. Either that, or my sleepwalking is becoming really advanced! :mrgreen:

:lol: happens to me all the time. Very sorry, let me try to fix that...
#318470 by MikzorTheFirst
Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:03 am
EphelDuath666 wrote: :lol: happens to me all the time. Very sorry, let me try to fix that...

The funny thing is that I was actually unsure about it there for a second. The brain is a strange and not always co-operative thing.
#318476 by stubear280
Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:02 pm
[youtube]qIaPGyxVeFU[/youtube]

I found out this may be the last of the show, but it looks great.
#318495 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:11 am
^Saw something about that the other day. If it is the finale, an epic way to go.
#318505 by EphelDuath666
Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:07 am

it arrived! Was lucky enough to get a UK copy which has been sold out on Amazon UK for a long while. Only cost me 77 Euros compared to the 140 Euros that the German edition would have cost me. There's no box art for the tank (the German version does get a nice box with box art) but if I can save 63 Euros then I'll gladly live without box art.

Figured I'd post this here since it's a TV show after all
#318860 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 am
So, American Horror Story has returned with Coven. Thought the first two episodes were all right, but the latest one was fucked up. They definitely have my attention now.