Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#319127 by EphelDuath666
Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:30 pm
The latest The Walking Dead episode :shock: Holy hell, I mean the one from the week before was already great. But yesterday's episode, holy hell. I think everyone who complained about season 3's finale will be very pleased with this one. And also very depressed once it's done.
#319160 by MikzorTheFirst
Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:50 am
I'm so divided on if I should start watching TWD. About half of the opinions seem to be that it's great and the other half tells me it's absolute sheit. Help me out?

Anyone into Sons Of Anarchy? Been going through all 6 seasons (minus season finale airing next week) in just a few weeks' time. That show is so addictive it should probably be illegal!
#319161 by Faffy
Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:24 am
MikzorTheFirst wrote:I'm so divided on if I should start watching TWD. About half of the opinions seem to be that it's great and the other half tells me it's absolute sheit. Help me out?

Anyone into Sons Of Anarchy? Been going through all 6 seasons (minus season finale airing next week) in just a few weeks' time. That show is so addictive it should probably be illegal!

I don't think anyone can argue that TWD is shit. I mean.. it's got an 8.7/10 rating on IMBD. However, it is very over-the-top. It's not Breaking-Bad-brilliant or anything. It's zombie slashing. And the previous season was a bit boring compared to the earlier ones. However, the current season made up for it this week, I reckon.
#319182 by stubear280
Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:24 pm
I never thought TWD was really great, just something to watch when I'm bored. "whatever" is perfect word to describe it.
#319199 by sylkicks
Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:30 pm
stubear280 wrote:I never thought TWD was really great, just something to watch when I'm bored. "whatever" is perfect word to describe it.

Pretty much the same for me. I mean, it's a good enough show, but it will never be a great show. And I'm ok with that, it's entertaining and surprising at best, humdrum at worst. I enjoy it but it's not in the Breaking Bads of the world for me, and that's fine--the world needs shows that are the Arnold Schwarzenegger action movies of TV.
#319200 by JuZ
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:15 am
I agree with you guys on TWD. At its best it's a helluva ride but it's never really ventured beyond that.

It's worth watching and there's no shame in that.
#319204 by EphelDuath666
Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:13 am
problem with TWD is that there's just way too many characters. And they keep introducing new ones and kill off a lot of them quick. It's sometimes really hard to care for any of the characters. However, after the mid season finale I'm a bit more hopeful again. Because that one was pretty badass.
#319205 by stubear280
Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:36 am
Last week's episode was really great

Spoiler: show
Even though the deaths pissed me off. Hershel had an especially horrible one.
#319224 by aleksi
Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:42 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:problem with TWD is that there's just way too many characters. And they keep introducing new ones and kill off a lot of them quick. It's sometimes really hard to care for any of the characters. However, after the mid season finale I'm a bit more hopeful again. Because that one was pretty badass.

Have you read the comic? Nobody gets a heroes death there. Maybe a slightly bigger square if you were there from the beginning but that's it.
Last edited by aleksi on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
#319389 by EphelDuath666
Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:45 pm
finally watched the entire Battlestar Galactica series. Jeez, why the hell was I waiting so long? Loved it. Invested almost all of my spare time into it because I enjoyed it so much. I'm also planning on watching Caprica (was able to import the only available Blu-ray edition of this show from France). I read a lot about how it's not really all that great but I wanna watch it anyways.
#319460 by MrDishington
Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:08 pm
Oh sweet Jesus. Just finished watching the Sherlock series 3 finale and it was GOOD. I've never enjoyed an English TV show as much as this one, they know just how to push your buttons, and frustratingly, keep you wanting more. It's cruel that the gap between series 2 & 3 was so long but with Freeman and Cumberbatch being in such popular demand I really hope we don't have another 2 year wait.
#319501 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:18 am
Okay, now I've seen the last of Dexter.

[spoiler]Regardless of criticisms, I really enjoyed the final season. I even felt worry for the characters on par with season 4, particularly in the last few episodes. Deb's mercy death at Dexter's hands was truly the only way it could go, sad as it was to watch. Even him leaving everything and everyone he loved behind felt right.

With that being said, the denouement of him working in a lumberyard and staring hauntingly into space I thought was clich
#319505 by MikzorTheFirst
Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:41 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Okay, now I've seen the last of Dexter.

[spoiler]Regardless of criticisms, I really enjoyed the final season. I even felt worry for the characters on par with season 4, particularly in the last few episodes. Deb's mercy death at Dexter's hands was truly the only way it could go, sad as it was to watch. Even him leaving everything and everyone he loved behind felt right.

With that being said, the denouement of him working in a lumberyard and staring hauntingly into space I thought was clich
#319506 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:45 am
Fair points all.

Sorry for another tag, but
Spoiler: show
a spin-off? *checks Wikipedia* Yeah, no thanks guys; even if it is meant to be a different character and direction, this story has been told.