Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#319532 by MikzorTheFirst
Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:08 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Fair points all.

Sorry for another tag, but
Spoiler: show
a spin-off? *checks Wikipedia* Yeah, no thanks guys; even if it is meant to be a different character and direction, this story has been told.

Yesterday I had a think on it and this is what I would personally perhaps want to see.
There have been some allusions throughout the series (and especially some of the mini-series they uploaded on the web during some earlier season) to the possibility of Dexter turning full-on vigilante "superhero". Now I know the superhero-market is plenty saturated at the moment but I don't know, I could see it turning out cool. In some ways an even more realistic take on the theme than Nolan's Batman. Have Dexter go on a soul-search for a few years while developing his skills. Have him move to a new city (New York?) with a new identity and have him start an all-out war on the criminal world, turning the original series into a kind of super-involved elaborate origin story of sorts (like Smallville I guess). Call it "The Dark Passenger", which could also serve as his "artist name".

I guess people could deem it too similar to, the already mentioned, Batman. But I think there are some elements there that would make it stand out. This is not a SUPERhero, nor is he a billionaire with fancy gadgets or an elaborate costume. His power is stealth, a lifetime of developing skills for one purpose and a disciplined mind boosted by that psychopathic fearlessness. Then there's of course the defining trait that this mofo will definitely straight up murder the shit out of the villains. Later on they could bring in some of his past into the plot. A broken down (by Deb's death) Quinn could start making connections to the fabled Bay Harbor Butcher and in a vengeful fit move to city-x and go on a manhunt. Hannah and the kid would eventually have to play into it as well.

I don't know, I'm spitballing, but if done right, I could see it turning into something pretty cool. Probably won't happen.

Holy shit long post!
#319962 by EphelDuath666
Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:35 pm
bought most of South Park's seasons recently and am planning on watching them all over the next months. Sweet!

Still not sure what I'll do when it comes to Season 14. I want the complete 14th season and all the European releases are missing 2 episodes. So I can either get that season on DVD from the US, most European DVD players can play region 1 DVD's now. Or I'll get me the US Blu-ray of the 14th season which would kinda force me to finally get a multiregion Blu-ray player. Decisions, decisions.
#319967 by Blazingmonga
Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:10 pm
Anyone watching Orange is the New Black? really loved the first season and looking forward to the second
#319972 by Faffy
Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:42 am
^I watched the entire first season in one go... so I suppose that means I liked it. :P Definitely going to watch the next season as well.
#320019 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:58 am
Fargo.

If you haven't watched this show, do it! Even if you haven't seen the movie, this show is totally worth it. The story is addictive and the characters (along with the actors who portray them) are fantastic. Not only that but it manages to parallel the spirit of the film while telling its own original tale. It's apparently also limited to a single 10 episode season, making it all the more self-contained and interesting. Looking forward to episode 8.

Season 2 of Vikings was also awesome. The next season should be a treat.
#320027 by Blazingmonga
Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:36 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Fargo.

If you haven't watched this show, do it! Even if you haven't seen the movie, this show is totally worth it. The story is addictive and the characters (along with the actors who portray them) are fantastic. Not only that but it manages to parallel the spirit of the film while telling its own original tale. It's apparently also limited to a single 10 episode season, making it all the more self-contained and interesting. Looking forward to episode 8.

Loving Fargo too! It has totally surprised me as someone who is a massive fan of the movie. Billy Bob Thornton is pure evil. Also my hair looks like his first thing in the morning
#320158 by fragility
Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:46 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Fargo.

Loving Fargo too! It has totally surprised me as someone who is a massive fan of the movie. Billy Bob Thornton is pure evil. Also my hair looks like his first thing in the morning

Seconded, he's absolutely amazing.

Currently a couple of weeks behind, because I keep falling asleep :lol: but loving the show so far. I loved the movie, and it's definitely got the vibe right. I think this'll be my top show of 2014
#320179 by stubear280
Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:24 am
Fargo is the best drama since Breaking Bad. There's a lot of moments that make my heart hurt.

Like what happened to Lester's second wife. I almost fucking cried.
#320187 by Keeker
Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:02 am
Nearly the end of another series of Game of Thrones. That went by too fast.
#320188 by Blazingmonga
Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:14 am
Keeker wrote:Nearly the end of another series of Game of Thrones. That went by too fast.

I know! Doesn't seem like any of the characters have achieved anything this season yet. Last episode was scary biscuits though!
#320194 by Keeker
Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:49 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:
Keeker wrote:Nearly the end of another series of Game of Thrones. That went by too fast.

I know! Doesn't seem like any of the characters have achieved anything this season yet. Last episode was scary biscuits though!

So tense. I know it's tense if I start gibbering stupidly. But yes, I know what you mean about it feeling as though nobody got anywhere.. other than the satisfaction of Joffrey kicking the bucket.
#320196 by Blazingmonga
Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:51 pm
Keeker wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:

So tense. I know it's tense if I start gibbering stupidly. But yes, I know what you mean about it feeling as though nobody got anywhere.. other than the satisfaction of Joffrey kicking the bucket.

Double post + spoilers! :p
#320200 by Keeker
Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:19 pm
Sorry, my wifi has been limping along on an old router while I await a parcel with a shiny new one. I guess it hiccupped when I clicked the button!
#320201 by JuZ
Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:50 pm
Glad I've seen that episode or I would have been in tears.

Still a couple behind though, so I'll be looking in here very gingerly until I catch up.
#320204 by Keeker
Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:33 pm
Pffft... it was all over the news - hardly a spoiler. Though I must confess I don't get the whole 'spoiled' thing. Nobody would ever watch a movie or read a book more than once if that were crucial for enjoyment. :D