Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#280300 by fullgore
Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:58 pm
Have not seen Louie. Heard good things though.

I watch breaking bad, community, modern family, game of thrones, boardwalk empire.

Favorite shows I've seen are The Sopranos, Six feet under, Twin Peaks, and certain seasons of The Wire. I'm an HBO fiend, basically.

I want to get into the walking dead because it looks cool
#280302 by Aden
Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:21 pm
fullgore wrote:I want to get into the walking dead because it looks cool

I watched it not long ago - thought it was pretty good :)

Season 2 starts in October I think.
#280349 by stubear280
Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:21 am
Shit. I keep forgetting this one, "Whisker Wars"!

Fucking awesome show about competitive beard growing that features such great beards.

New episode tonight on IFC!
#280350 by swervedriver
Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:30 am
Been enjoying the 2 seasons of Dead Like Me again lately. Really good black comedy with brilliant characters. I'd recommend everyone to check it out... if you can find it at least, it was cancelled almost 10 years ago. So glad I bought the DVD boxes. :)
#280507 by fullgore
Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:11 am
Saw ep.1 of The Walking Dead. Very nice, I hope the quality of the writing is strong over yhe rest of the season.

Anyone watch Luther?
#280540 by JuZ
Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:22 pm
Just watched the first 4 eps of Falling Skies and nearly vomitted... I mean, in theory I should love it. I like Noah Wyle, Spielberg exec produced it and it's a post-apocalyptic alien thing, which is right up my alley.

But so far it's just full of schmaltz. Corny dialogue, cardboard cut-out characters, cobbled together un-scary aliens with CG ED-209s for guardians, and some of the most bullshitty over the top messages about how "faith" in a higher power and prayer is the only thing that could possibly keep humanity going in difficult circumstances. Episode 4 paints an almost condescending view of atheists, as though the only reason someone could be an "un-believer" is by losing their family to an alien horde. But it's all ok thought because some anorexic waif still believes in the Lord, so we'll all be saved. WTF!?

I mean, Book of Eli was fine by me as it was still an enjoyable story, looked like Fallout and had some decent acting. Christian themes in fiction aren't by their existence abominable! :lol:

Sad thing is I'll probably watch the rest of the season to see if it pans out, hehe!

It does have a great human bad guy character, so I'll see what happens to him. With luck he'll kill all these sappy humans and get his own spin-off series where he rides from town to town, stealing what he needs, killing aliens for sport and cooking up a mean soup.
#280853 by sylkicks
Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:03 am
Just started watching Breaking Bad... Man what a crazy show. Loving it though. And it's filmed in my town so it's cool recognizing all the locations. Like the episode I was watching yesterday was filmed right around the corner from my apartment.
I promise we're not all meth heads though.
#280855 by Octillus
Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:14 am
sylkicks wrote:Just started watching Breaking Bad... Man what a crazy show. Loving it though. And it's filmed in my town so it's cool recognizing all the locations. Like the episode I was watching yesterday was filmed right around the corner from my apartment.

Dude, I just finished the third season after powering through since Friday.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIT
#280910 by JuZ
Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:34 am
3 eps into Walking Dead.

Fuck yeah, that's some sweet zombie action.
#280970 by fullgore
Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:04 pm
JuZ wrote:3 eps into Walking Dead.

Fuck yeah, that's some sweet zombie action.

its good, the writing isn't the best. they fired the creator of the show, oddly enough. i wonder how season 2 will be?

forgot to mention one of my favorite shows... always sunny in philadelphia! :D
#281108 by sylkicks
Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:27 am
Octillus wrote:
sylkicks wrote:Just started watching Breaking Bad... Man what a crazy show. Loving it though. And it's filmed in my town so it's cool recognizing all the locations. Like the episode I was watching yesterday was filmed right around the corner from my apartment.

Dude, I just finished the third season after powering through since Friday.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIT

Wow... Yup, that holy shit pretty much sums it up. Half way through the second season, dear lord. It's so well done but man it's depressing.
#281109 by Dunkelheit
Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:42 am
family guy, archer, always sunny in philly, game of thrones, true blood, boardwalk empire, deadliest warrior, southpark

i think those are the ones i try to keep up with as of late
#281110 by swervedriver
Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:47 am
Completely forgot about Archer. <3