Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#296343 by djskrimp
Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:31 am
Hefeweissen or piss off.
#296350 by Octillus
Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:50 pm
Been drinking a lot of Racer 5 lately. Russian River's got the goods, as per usual, but Bear Republic makes some damn fine brews.
#296352 by sylkicks
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:08 pm
I do like me some Hefe.

I got a bottle of Sabeteur brown ale from Odell Brewing for my birthday so I had it the other night. Pretty damn good stuff, albeit being a 10% kick in the ass. The kind of beer you could only have one glass of though, it was intensely sweet and syrupy.

I also bought a six pack of Ruthless Rye, a seasonal pale from Sierra Nevada. I don't usually go for pales but this one was damn good.
#296359 by Octillus
Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 pm
sylkicks wrote:I do like me some Hefe.

I got a bottle of Sabeteur brown ale from Odell Brewing for my birthday so I had it the other night. Pretty damn good stuff, albeit being a 10% kick in the ass. The kind of beer you could only have one glass of though, it was intensely sweet and syrupy.

I also bought a six pack of Ruthless Rye, a seasonal pale from Sierra Nevada. I don't usually go for pales but this one was damn good.

You. We're going to Toronado and I'm filling you up with Pliny the Elder. AND NO DO NOT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT, IT IS MOSTLY NOT SEXUAL.
#296370 by sylkicks
Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:21 pm
Octillus wrote:

You. We're going to Toronado and I'm filling you up with Pliny the Elder. AND NO DO NOT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT, IT IS MOSTLY NOT SEXUAL.

Dude. Yes. A million times... yes.
#299377 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:04 am
Had Schneider Aventinus Tap 6 a few hours ago.
A nice, strong dark beer with a slight berry flavor and an interesting aftertaste. I can still taste it, and I've still got a bit of a buzz. Good stuff.
#299378 by Octillus
Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 am
sylkicks wrote:
Octillus wrote:

Dude. Yes. A million times... yes.

THIS HAPPENED.
#299477 by sylkicks
Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:39 pm
Dude. It so did. And it was glorious.

I've been in a crazy IPA mood lately, so I got a six pack of Left Hand's 400 Pound Monkey IPA. Hadn't had it before, and damn fucking good.

So I was looking up details on the American import of Westvleteren, and a price has been announced! $85. Steep, but I'm thinking I have to do it... Now, how to figure out if it will be shipped to where I am... questions...
#299490 by Leechmaster
Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:52 am
sylkicks wrote:Dude. It so did. And it was glorious.

I've been in a crazy IPA mood lately, so I got a six pack of Left Hand's 400 Pound Monkey IPA. Hadn't had it before, and damn fucking good.

So I was looking up details on the American import of Westvleteren, and a price has been announced! $85. Steep, but I'm thinking I have to do it... Now, how to figure out if it will be shipped to where I am... questions...

I've only had three of my Westvleteren. I occasionally just bust one out for special occasions, otherwise I'm savouring every bottle... So 9 more special occasions left till I run out! :D

Current obsession:

Smoked beer. Vicious after-taste on it. Seriously delicious stuff.
#299501 by EphelDuath666
Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:48 pm
Leechmaster wrote:Current obsession:

That's because it's upper franconian beer! That's where yours truly is from. Bamberg is just an hour away from me :D
#299818 by Leechmaster
Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:29 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Leechmaster wrote:Current obsession:

That's because it's upper franconian beer! That's where yours truly is from. Bamberg is just an hour away from me :D

Upper Franconia is undoubtedly where I'll go whenever I go on holidays to Germany. The worlds highest brewery to population ratio? What's not to love!? :drink:
#299820 by Octillus
Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 am
Had some tremendous belgian stuff with a lovely lass last night. I wish I could remember the name, but I drank a few stone IPAs first. Also, by a certain point my mind was elsewhere.
#299825 by Leechmaster
Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:44 am
Octillus wrote:Had some tremendous belgian stuff with a lovely lass last night. I wish I could remember the name, but I drank a few stone IPAs first. Also, by a certain point my mind was elsewhere.

Drinking Rule #80085: Preferential memory treatment should be given to the lady in a situation where her jugs are bigger than the beer jugs. :P

About the Belgian though, any distinguishing features that might help us guess? Dark or light? High or low percent? I'm mad about the Belgians...
#299829 by Octillus
Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 am
Leechmaster wrote:
Octillus wrote:Had some tremendous belgian stuff with a lovely lass last night. I wish I could remember the name, but I drank a few stone IPAs first. Also, by a certain point my mind was elsewhere.

Drinking Rule #80085: Preferential memory treatment should be given to the lady in a situation where her jugs are bigger than the beer jugs. :P

About the Belgian though, any distinguishing features that might help us guess? Dark or light? High or low percent? I'm mad about the Belgians...

Light and high.
#299831 by sylkicks
Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:17 am
Leechmaster wrote:I'm mad about the Belgians...

We need to hang out Mark.