Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#300621 by Octillus
Wed May 02, 2012 12:59 pm
Thanks for that bit of information?
#300622 by Leechmaster
Wed May 02, 2012 1:02 pm
Yeah, nice one for that valuable contribution to the discussion.

#300637 by Octillus
Wed May 02, 2012 1:24 pm
Well for what it's worth, I don't drink alcoholic beverages either.
#300643 by Tyroshai
Wed May 02, 2012 1:35 pm
Octillus wrote:Well for what it's worth, I don't drink alcoholic beverages either.

Nah, you just get emotional and eventually fall asleep in pubs without any extra help from le booze, other than a reeeeeally late night the night before :wink:
<3
#300645 by Faffy
Wed May 02, 2012 1:41 pm
^ :lol:
#300654 by Octillus
Wed May 02, 2012 2:51 pm
Tyroshai wrote:
Octillus wrote:Well for what it's worth, I don't drink alcoholic beverages either.

Nah, you just get emotional and eventually fall asleep in pubs without any extra help from le booze, other than a reeeeeally late night the night before :wink:
<3

Oh have you not heard? We tap my veins now. I don't "drink" alcohol.
#300655 by Leechmaster
Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 pm
You can be the forum's Barney Gumble!

[youtube]ibaYHTPE0uY[/youtube]

:lol:
#300656 by Octillus
Wed May 02, 2012 2:55 pm
Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.
#300736 by sylkicks
Thu May 03, 2012 10:55 am
Leechmaster wrote:Sweet... I should get a picture of my local off licence for this thread, now that I think of it... Run by this enormous Russian lunatic named Anton. Their current stock is up to 570 different kinds of beer. It's a wonderful, magical place. :D

Edit: They've actually got a few on their facebook...

Close-up on one section of shelving. I pull most of what I drink from this bit:

And a cool panoramic type of shot of the place:

Heh, those are actually my Westvleteren six-packs waiting for me on the counter there. :D

And another big-ass panoramic facing in the opposite direction... and a selection of their selection. I love that place. :mrgreen:

.....there is a God.

Fuck New Mexico... Best liquor store is maybe, MAYBE, a quarter size of that. Le sigh.

Cody fought his sleepy tendencies when we had our night out on the town. I was very proud.
#300747 by Leechmaster
Thu May 03, 2012 5:19 pm
If I ever leave this festering shithole of a country it'll probably be Abbots I'll miss the most... :lol: I love that place. Throughout the summer I wanna get through trying as many different beers and ales as money will allow. With that many to choose from it could get very expensive very fast! But it'll be worth every cent... :D
#301228 by Leechmaster
Wed May 09, 2012 10:00 am
Just saw this story about Brewdog getting screwed out of an award by Diageo... Pretty disgraceful behaviour from such a major corporation. Worse that they thought they'd get away with it... :?
#301344 by JuZ
Fri May 11, 2012 6:05 am
Just heard about a vintage bottled-conditioned brew from Australia (more specifically Tasmania) called Endeavour.

Supposed to be stunningly delicious. I shall be seeking some out next time I buy me some beeeeyah.

http://www.endeavourbeer.com/ReserveAmberAle
#302018 by sylkicks
Tue May 22, 2012 10:45 pm
Was in Phoenix all last week and my cousin works at a Total Wine (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's like a department store for alcohol). Visited him, and of course went on a field day in the beer section. Got a bunch of weird bottles of alcohol; a white chocolate porter from Sonoran Brewing Co, an imperial amber from Clown Shoe, a bottle of the Bigfoot Barleywine from Sierra Nevada, a bottle of the Gubna imperial I.P.A from Oskar Blues Brewery (100 IBUs, the thing is a kick in the teeth), and last but not least a bottle of JuJu from Left Hand, a beer brewed with ginger. Had the JuJu already, really good, weird beer. Whew. Was SO tempted to buy this bottle from Sonoran called Sonoran 200, a 19.37% beer (yes, I typed that right) brewed with Agave Nectar. Wanted so badly to get it, but at $22 for a 13 oz bottle 'twas kinda steep. Here's the link if you want to see it, and there's an image of it in the bottle on the home page: http://www.sonoranbrewing.com/beers/Sonoran_200.php

Had some lovely tasters at the store too, from a bunch of different breweries.

I love beer.
#302025 by Geeorj
Wed May 23, 2012 2:23 am

Simply because of the re-sealable bottle cap
#302146 by swervedriver
Fri May 25, 2012 10:49 am
A resealable cap on a beer bottle should be pointless. ;)