Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#319293 by Sig
Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:01 pm
Hey there. I'm Sig. Been a fan since 2000 I believe. I'm pretty sure I was on the old HD forums way back when, but anyway, been looking for another forum since the Meshuggah one collapsed. Hadn't listen to Dev in a good while actually, and then suddenly, lately, got really back in, so thought I'd try this forum. Looks slightly 'dead' tbh, but nowhere near what the Meshuggah forum has become. Facebook has kind of killed a lot of forums imo, despite how it's pretty impractical as far as having any threading conversation. So anyhoo, a cheers and greets! :drink:
#319304 by JuZ
Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:15 pm
Hey Sig.

Yeah, forums have been rendered a little redundant by other media forms like Twitter and Facebook, no doubt. The Forum picks up quite a bit when there is a new release pending or released. That said, forums offer a sense of community that I find missing elsewhere.

In any case, welcome aboard. It's nice to have another "old" fan around. :wink:
#319305 by swervedriver
Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:22 pm
Welcome aboard!

Yes, there isn't as much going on here at the moment, but it usually picks up a bit around bigger Dev-related events (tours, new releases) and it's kinda quiet on that front right now. The DTP guys are rehearsing new material, which no doubt will end up on a new album sometime soon. :) In the meantime there's still a good chunk of info etc contained here, or just some random discussions going on over in the General section. Have fun!
#319320 by EphelDuath666
Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:41 pm
yup, that's why I don't do facebook and tweetie or whatever it's called. Nothing beats the HDR forums family atmosphere. And welcome on here, Sig. I guess there's always one thing one can do to make it a bit less deserted on here. And that would be to post stuff, lotsa stuff, heh.
#319355 by Sig
Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:24 pm
So yeah, thanks for the greets, eh, was hoping there would be more going on around here. *random smilie* :coucou: