Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#320241 by KeasbyNights
Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:14 pm
Congrats from me as well on the weight loss Stu! :D And to everyone else's good news! I love good news.

As for my life, still haven't started up at college, though I'm making plans to do so in September. I'm thinking marriage/family therapist, because I strongly agree with those above me that families are the most important thing we can have in life, and making them work and work well is really important. I've seen a lot of insane families, that are really harmful to everyone in and around, and I feel like I could really make a positive influence in them.

But aside from that, WORK WORK WORK at the dental lab. I've moved up from model work into waxing, investing, and metal finishing. (My left fingertips have almost lost all sensitivity to heat.) My wife is in school to become a Dental Assistant, and finishes in November, most likely with a job! She's a peer mentor, on the Dean's List, and even works part time after her classes at the school. She's a beautiful beast.

And I'm glad to be back on here with all you lovely people. :)
#320251 by JuZ
Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:10 pm
I have nothing but respect and admiration for people who dedicate themselves to a career in helping others. It's also annoying that such professions aren't as financially rewarded as they should be.

Ask the best with choosing a career path. :D
#320261 by KeasbyNights
Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:25 am
JuZ wrote:I have nothing but respect and admiration for people who dedicate themselves to a career in helping others. It's also annoying that such professions aren't as financially rewarded as they should be.

Ask the best with choosing a career path. :D

I agree! Maybe if I was good at a sport or making music I could be a millionare, but I'm not. And I just love listening to people's problems and finding answers that work for them. I always have. It's amazing to witness a person change for the better, and it's so rewarding knowing that you helped in some way to get them there. I'll be underpaid, probably, but I will be satisfied. :)
#320267 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:07 am
Congrats to Stu and Keasby! Weight loss and work. I need more of both. Fortunately, I am pretty sure one of those is coming my way!

Seriously though, I know I should watch what I eat. A pity it seems to disappear right in front of me.
#320274 by Tyroshai
Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:32 am
stubear280 wrote:Congrats, Keasby!! Unfortunately my job is less important, I just make pizzas. haha

Your job is an absolutely necessity, very important and 100% noble.
Everyone needs pizza. EVERYONE!
#320275 by fragility
Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:42 am
Tyroshai wrote:
stubear280 wrote:Congrats, Keasby!! Unfortunately my job is less important, I just make pizzas. haha

Your job is an absolutely necessity, very important and 100% noble.
Everyone needs pizza. EVERYONE!

I second that motion! This is always true at the best of times, but particularly as pizza is my current pregnancy related obsession....must resist!
#320286 by JuZ
Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:24 pm

I can think of about a thousand less important jobs than feeding people!

And now it's 5:23am and I want pizza.
#320291 by EphelDuath666
Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:51 pm
I'd go nuts without pizza. And I sure as fuck can't make one myself, except for shitty frozen ones! :lol: So yeah, the world needs pizza dudes and dudettes!
#320296 by JuZ
Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:02 pm
It's on my bucket list to build a wood fired pizza oven. We have a little family tradition of making our own pizza for get togethers, especially Christmas Eve. Once you get the knack of making your own dough, it's great fun and you get to make your pizza exactly how you like it.

Now I reeeeeally want pizza.
#320300 by Faffy
Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:27 pm
Although I haven't had time to reply to everyone, I just wanted to thank you all for sharing bits and pieces of your lives. All the best to you all! :D
And hooooray for pizza! (especially to Pizza Express which is way too close to where I live.... :3 )
#320303 by stubear280
Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:51 pm
While I understand the love for pizza, after making about $1300 dollars worth of it today, I would not like to see it. Now... TIME FOR A DAY OFF!!
#320309 by KeasbyNights
Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:45 pm

I second all the above opinions and thank you for making it, though you hate making it, for the good of all those who love eating it!

In fact, most people who work at jobs they don't like could say that just about sums their lives up too.. 8)
#320315 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:52 pm
My new job is going to be based around debt collection. Think about that vs making pizza or working with dental tools, regardless of the wage. Hey, it's a living.
#320327 by stubear280
Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:10 pm
I actually love my job, the crew has been there for me outside of work on an insane level and I could not be more thankful for that. I love them all more than they will ever know. They took up money for my family in the middle of hard times and wrote notes of hope (which meant more than the money.)

BUT after doing it so much, it's nice to have a day where I don't have to do it.