Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#322111 by KeasbyNights
Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:16 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Image

Taken a few months ago at my grandparents' property in California, decided to make it look more old west.

Bookwyrm! I didn't even see this from forever ago! :o I apologize profusely. I've always had a soft spot for old west imagery. Reminds me of my extended family. :)

Some more old paintings I've found:

Spoiler: show
You'd Prefer an Astronaut (named after a favorite album) watercolor and ink

Stupid Dream (same story) watercolor and ink

Portrait I did in my first life drawing class. Charcoal

I'd Like Your Hair Long watercolor and ink
The words are hard to see I realize. You can open a larger version in a new tab. The leprechaun in the lower left is saying: "Love is love. Love is you. I love love. So I love you!"
And god in the right is saying, "At absolutely no cost to you!"

Starry Hair This one is done now, but I don't have it scanned for some reason. I still love the idea.

The was the first collage I did that I gave any shits about. That being said, I was in high school and it's a bit preachy/presumptuous. So it's a bit shit, but I like aspects of it.
#322113 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:53 pm
Why, thank you.

These displays of yours are good too; I especially like the album-inspired pieces, could be album art in their own right.
#322191 by Faffy
Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:53 am
Well... since we agreed that knitting is art, here's some of my recent... stuff:
(I have since stitched together the bottom of that pillow... I just haven't gotten around to take a photo of it.
#322195 by KeasbyNights
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:32 am
^Those all look really nice Faffy. :) A lot of people in my family do crocheting, though I know that's different than knitting. Either way, nicely done. And thank you for the kind words Wyrm. I feel strange calling you that, but it's as it is, :lol:
#322215 by Faffy
Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:50 pm
^Thanks :D

Since that last post I've already made a jumper and a jumper and a sock (currently working on the seccond sock).
I really should be getting on with my school work. :P
#322357 by KeasbyNights
Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:23 am
Cleaned up my logo type from awhile ago. Not anything too fancy, but I still love this. The font was inspired by the girly tour t-shirt on Omerch's site. I've also got it set up on my red bubble site where you can buy shirts with this on there. :mrgreen: As I'm aware they ship everywhere, so you Europeans should be covered too, if you want one that is. Haha, not to be vain or anything...

#322362 by KeasbyNights
Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:37 am
Also, a couple more paintings.

Spoiler: show

#322364 by Faffy
Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:54 am
^NICE! Especially the 2nd one. I can't quite put my finger on it, I just like it. :D

I wish I could paint, but every time I try it turns into poo. :P
#322370 by KeasbyNights
Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:22 pm
That's the general consensus from everyone else too haha. Myself as well. I painted that first try, it just happened and it worked perfect. Right over top of another painting too, maybe that's somehow what did it. :P

Honestly, I can only do simple paintings, borderline abstract. I'm not good enough to show much form, aside from ocean waves. I can do geometric paintings, but it takes fucking ages. And makes my brain hurt, :lol:
#322381 by Faffy
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:42 am
^Well that still exceeds my abilities by far. My problem is just that the colours all blend together and it truly looks like I attempted to paint a cocktail of poop, bile and vomit. Then again... that might be considered art by some. :D "A ruthless critique of our society. Yup. That's what I intended all along."
#322395 by Lettuce
Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:48 pm
Thanks! That was the plan, Abbath Fizzgig with glassy black eyes and hamster feet. I enjoyed the make, it was a lot of fun and Chris Devitt was a massive help. I kinda wanna make myself a neon pink one, though.
#322396 by KeasbyNights
Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:39 pm
I was wondering what the fuck that black cloth cutout nonsense was. I thought you were making a skirt! Hahahaha, nope, just a planet smasher, that's all.