Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#320175 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:21 am
No theme with this one, if you're bored and feel like sharing a doodle or Photoshop masterpiece about anything at all, throw them in here.

I made this while looking for work:
#320177 by Faffy
Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:16 am
That's pretty.
I also made pretty.
:3

#320185 by Lettuce
Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 am
Brrap.

Keep scrolling, not done yet.

Well done, you made it. Resume your day.
#320244 by KeasbyNights
Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:40 pm
Lettuce wrote:Brrap.

Please, feel free to Brrap on this thread any time you want! That was magnificent!
#320399 by Lettuce
Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:58 pm
Aw, I love you <3

First pic got moulded and cast last week, I was gonna do her in bronze but I was super pushed for time because I've been working on a thing for a man you've definitely never heard of, so I faked it in polyester with a veeeeeeeery convincing paint finish. Fooled the punters at the weekend, anyway. Really happy how she turned out, the model I worked with is a UK size 14 (US 10) so it was awesome to like, do a more 'average' woman's body instead of a shop mannequin.

ImageImage

...plz other people post art though. Plz.
#320411 by KeasbyNights
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:57 pm
I've always admired anyone that can mold/carve anything out of anything. I can make a hand out of a kneaded eraser, teeth out of wax, and that's about the extent of my abilities. :P Here's my contribution for now. My friends and I all have the running snap chat joke of coloring ourselves and other unsuspecting subjects as wizards. So I thought, hey, I wanna draw us all as actual wizards. So using what they wanted me to make them look like, here are my drafts so far. A couple more things need to be tweaked, but I'm happy with the results so far. (These are heavily reference-based. For this sort of work I need inspiration, a LOT.)

CameronImage

MeImage

GreggImage

LoganImage
#320416 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:52 am
An artistic rendition of our prime minister:

Wait, hang on, that might be a real photo.
#320417 by Lettuce
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:54 am
KeasbyNights wrote:I've always admired anyone that can mold/carve anything out of anything. I can make a hand out of a kneaded eraser, teeth out of wax, and that's about the extent of my abilities. :P Here's my contribution for now. My friends and I all have the running snap chat joke of coloring ourselves and other unsuspecting subjects as wizards. So I thought, hey, I wanna draw us all as actual wizards. So using what they wanted me to make them look like, here are my drafts so far. A couple more things need to be tweaked, but I'm happy with the results so far. (These are heavily reference-based. For this sort of work I need inspiration, a LOT.)

Arrrrgh your stuff is HENCH!!!!!!! I used to mostly draw from life, hardly modelled anything until I went to uni (despite it being a model making course, I think I got in because I'm a wally and a cheap laugh, not on the merit of my portfolio...) But if you can draw, then you can sculpt. It's just having to train your eyes and hands to work all angles, I've seen people struggle sculpting because they're not moving around their work and it becomes flat. Which why anything larger than I can hold, I'll work on a turntable (I just bought a tilting one too) Then everything else is just down to technique, you'll find oodles of tutorials online. Definitely give it a go, but don't make the fatal cock-up of like, not drawing for years because I totally did that.
#320418 by KeasbyNights
Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:48 am
Lettuce wrote:Arrrrgh your stuff is HENCH!!!!!!! I used to mostly draw from life, hardly modelled anything until I went to uni (despite it being a model making course, I think I got in because I'm a wally and a cheap laugh, not on the merit of my portfolio...) But if you can draw, then you can sculpt. It's just having to train your eyes and hands to work all angles, I've seen people struggle sculpting because they're not moving around their work and it becomes flat. Which why anything larger than I can hold, I'll work on a turntable (I just bought a tilting one too) Then everything else is just down to technique, you'll find oodles of tutorials online. Definitely give it a go, but don't make the fatal cock-up of like, not drawing for years because I totally did that.

Not knowing English slang I'm assuming hench is good? :mrgreen:

I've always admired sculpting, like I said, and just thought it was so cool, but looking back I'll bet I never got very good at it because I only took high school pottery classes
#320424 by fragility
Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:22 pm
Wow, great work everyone!

Awww, I miss drawing, something I need to try and get back in my life at some point (despite being utterly poopy at it!) - I could always just lose myself for hours drawing
#320436 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:12 am
KeasbyNights wrote:And Bookwyrm, it seems that you and Juz hate your prime minister just about as much as I despise our president

I dunno, despite his shortcomings I have more confidence in Obama than I'll ever have in Abbott.

Anyway, back to artsy stuff.
#320437 by Tyroshai
Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:43 am
I feel bad about having the same surname as the Aussie PM. I assure you we are of no relation, sorry.
#320453 by Lettuce
Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:45 pm
Don't worry about that babycakes. Post art. I know you do it.
#320477 by KeasbyNights
Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:40 pm
Some of these aren't totally finished, and they probably won't unless I revisit the ideas later. But regardless these are all from a couple sketch books I took with me to CA.

Image This is absolutely one of my favorites I've ever done. Deep personal meaning and all that jazz.

Image And this one's all ballpoint pen. I was surprised with my versatility on this one.

#320478 by KeasbyNights
Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:50 pm
Those pics are horrible quality. Wow, I apologize.