Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#320491 by Lettuce
Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:46 pm
FAAAAAAAAAAAACK, your stuff's simply gorgeous.

Here's what I'm doing instead of going out on a Friday night. It's still art. Honest.

#320496 by KeasbyNights
Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Also, anyone that can do anything with needle and thread other than drawing blood and cutting off circulation is an art god on a whole other level. I couldn't even draw myself sewing. That's how horrible I am. You should have seen me helping my mom with a quilt awhile back. She told me to just feel with the needle and come back up through the hole I just made, but I couldn't frickin do it. So there I am, all 6ft+ of me, hunched over underneath the quilt, looking down on it and up through it for each respective needle push. My neck killed for days.
#320793 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:18 am

Taken a few months ago at my grandparents' property in California, decided to make it look more old west.
#320795 by Faffy
Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:59 am
Does knitting count as art?
#320801 by KeasbyNights
Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:04 pm
You're using the elements and principles of design, so yes. :mrgreen:
Much better than I could do. The only thing I can make with thread or yarn is a 3D Jackson Pollock.
#320803 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:11 pm
I concur. Anyone who can knit or sew something that looks as nice as that, into anything and pattern they wish, or just plain being creative in any way is making art.

Let this thread continue!
#320814 by KeasbyNights
Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:06 pm
A gift for a friend, a husky puppy:

And an old class assignment from Color Theory. Really watered down acrylic, almost like working with watercolor or an ink wash.
#320825 by Lettuce
Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:21 pm
Ahhh lovely!!!! I love acrylics, you ever tried them with an extender? Makes them behave like oils. Don't get me started on my discovery of acrylics with isopropyl alcohol...fantastic stuff. Colour theory's one of the most important skills to learn in art too. Even though it's a game, a great tool to have is an app called Blendoku, exercises your brain into colour organisation, I found it amazingly useful!

So it got hot last night and I couldn't sleep. Pissed about with my Facebook and did this

#320859 by KeasbyNights
Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:36 pm
I haven't ever used an extender Violet, though I would far prefer that to actual oils because they smell like shit. Ugh, I hate the smell of oil paint, it reeks and infests my space for months. :evil: I love your new Facebook though. I miss having photoshop.

Paul, that penis looks just like Snoopy. :lol:
#320904 by KeasbyNights
Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:20 am
http://www.redbubble.com/people/deeferd ... ?p=t-shirt

Trying to sell some artwork through this site for some extra dough. We'll see how it goes. Here's my first submission. I'll put up the web link to my store, but I'm unsure of their international shipping, if it's even available, so I don't know if it's worth the trouble. I hope you like the drawing either way. :) If it turns out they do ship international, you can bet your ass you'll be seeing some Devy related art up there.

#320907 by Lettuce
Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:27 am
ARRRGH that's so fit!! Have you ever considered trying a graphics tablet? I've got one, on my third model (a massive Wacom the size of a coffee table) absolutely love doodling on it, you can get some really clean printable designs from it! It can still look very natural though if you get a model with pressure sensitivity combined with compatible software, bunch of the doodles I posted before were on it, here's some more I've sort of started-

#320909 by KeasbyNights
Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:15 am
I have used a tablet before, and I remember enjoying it, although it was very difficult getting used to. But that may have been due to it's small size. I'd love to have a larger one, but I don't have the funds, nor do I have a decent program to use it with anyway. :p It would be grand though.
#320913 by Lettuce
Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:01 pm
They do take getting used to, definitely. Once you're comfortable with it it's really useful, especially with layers, you don't need to commit lines and colours (one of the drawings I did for the Retinal baby Z was the same drawing but different colour schemes so they could decide how I paint him up, for example) I started with an A6 one, very cheap and didn't have pressure sensitivity, was about