Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#322401 by Lettuce
Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:46 am
I want a fuzzy muff skirt! When the fabric supplier hauled out the white fur, I almost threw myself on it- it was like a pimp's jacket.
#323740 by Lettuce
Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:17 pm
So I bought a shed a few months ago, I've been gradually turning it into a tiny pub purely for the craic. Done pretty much the lot on my tod in my spare time which is why it's taken so long, but my dad did the leccy cause he's a qualified electrician. It's been surprisingly not that expensive, all the panelling is MDF which is dirty cheap (and I'm doing fake wood finishes over the top) and I've managed to get a bunch of free stuff as well as insane bargains from scavenging in bric-a-bracs, it's been a bit of an adventure-

Mock-up label for a beer that may happen-

This finished in it's presentation thing-

#323746 by KeasbyNights
Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:48 pm
Jesus that bar is yellow. Imagine being drunk and the morning sunlight hits the walls; you'd die.
#323748 by JuZ
Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:41 am
KeasbyNights wrote:Jesus that bar is yellow. Imagine being drunk and the morning sunlight hits the walls; you'd die.

It looks like it's coming along nicely to me, Vi. But I agree, yellow would be a bit much for me in a pub. Even a wee tiny one. :D
#323751 by swervedriver
Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:06 am
I think the construction light is exaggerating the yellowness a bit. ;)

Are you putting a moosehead on the wall?
#323754 by Victimlas
Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:28 am
That's a really cool pub! There's so much satisfaction from building something yourself- a lot of work though!
#323779 by KeasbyNights
Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:59 pm
I didn't mean to come across as though I don't love it though! I hope that wasn't perceived! :o Just the yellow was a mighty bright shine to behold at first haha. I think it's fucking awesome. :3
#323781 by JuZ
Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:46 am
Violet is in India right now, so I wonder what sort of inspiration she might bring back with her.

Mint flavoured crisps (chips) look like a good start. :shock:
#323784 by KeasbyNights
Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:29 pm
Oh fuck, yeah I saw those on her feed. That sounds vile to the max.
#323933 by Lettuce
Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:16 pm
I'm home! They were fucking delicious crisps! Like mint sauce you put on roast lamb!

The yellow isn't that garish in real life, the florescent tube makes it much much brighter. I've got some nasty sconces for the walls with a dimmer switch to make it gloomy :D Work has slowed down on it while real work has caught up with me, hopefully back on it after the middle of April. By then I'll have more stupid shit to post in here.

And Bookwyrm, my buddy Blindboy wants to make the beer (it's named after a book he wrote...a pretty awful book) I really hope he goes ahead with it.