Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#320850 by JuZ
Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:17 pm
Hi there folks.

You may know me well, or you may have no idea who I am so an introduction is called for. My name is Justin, but I've been known on the HDR email list and forums as JuZ for well over a decade.

Unfortunately I have a progressive condition of the inner ear known as Meniere's disease. Amongst the symptoms are hearing loss, tinnitus, loss of balance and, the really nasty one, rotational vertigo.

I now have vertigo attacks between every 3 days and 2 weeks, which means I'm no longer able to work full time. At 38 and with two kids under three, this has been a huge challenge for my wife and I.

But there is a very shiny light on the horizon. A new treatment has been developed here in Australia that has been of great benefit to many, by eliminating vertigo, restoring a large part of lost hearing and quietening tinnitus. It does this by restoring a dysfunctional immune system identified as being the riot cause of these symptoms.

Unfortunately, as this is a very new process it is not covered by Medicare or insurance, and is not cheap. Due to the loss of income we've suffered since my symptoms worsened in the last year, we're unable to pay for this without assistance from others. So we've set up a crowdfunding page on gofundme.com to ask others for their help.

Any financial assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated. If you are unable to help financially, sharing the link to our page via social media and any other means available to you would be a huge help also.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have an amazing day!

Here's the page: http://www.gofundme.com/bi7rf0
#320854 by Hiddos
Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:47 pm
Steph & I have sent some out to you, mate. We hope you get to have treatment as soon as possible. Good luck with the funding!! :)

(Lars: Yes, Paypal is an option. In fact I think it's the only option)
#320855 by Tyroshai
Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 pm
And again.

You're a top bloke Justin, and though we may never meet- you're absolutely ace and a mate. We all know you'll smash this goal and I honestly truly hope it helps you and your family.
All the best <3
#320857 by JuZ
Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:22 pm
Thank you so much you lovely people! So very appreciated.

And yep, it's PayPal all the way.
#320867 by JuZ
Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 am
Awesome. You're all awesome!

Let's keep this thing rolling.

Have a peaceful day/night/fugue state.

x
#320884 by izumix
Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:30 am
Done. It's not another person's problem for me, Justin! I had Meniere few years ago too. My symptom was not serious and I could get well few mouths after, but I know it was a very rare case.

I wish you get a good treatment and well soon!
#320890 by JuZ
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:58 pm
izumix wrote:Done. It's not another person's problem for me, Justin! I had Meniere few years ago too. My symptom was not serious and I could get well few mouths after, but I know it was a very rare case.

I wish you get a good treatment and well soon!

Hi Izumi!

Thank you so much for kind words and your awesome donation... How very generous of you!

I'm really glad that you're feeling well. Health really is the best gift.

Have a great day!!
#320911 by JuZ
Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:36 pm
Something amazing sent!

Thank you so much, what an amazingly generous donation.

#320917 by kyl88
Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:36 pm
Oh, Justin, my heart goes out to you and your beautiful family. :)

You have always been so friendly, and you deserve all the peace in the world. I'll help anyway I can.

Stay positive, and your certainly in my thoughts. :)
#320919 by JuZ
Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:53 pm
kyl88 wrote:Oh, Justin, my heart goes out to you and your beautiful family. :)

You have always been so friendly, and you deserve all the peace in the world. I'll help anyway I can.

Stay positive, and your certainly in my thoughts. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you friend.

I hope you have the brilliant weekend you deserve. You're awesome.

Hey, if anyone is on Facebook and wants to look me up, I'm Justin Madden in Brisbane, QLD, Australia. Even if you're a long time lurker or don't think you post that much that people would remember you, feel free. I loves youse goyz. But if not, that's cool too. The forums couldn't get rid of me if they tried! Muaaaaahaha!

Hmmm.. Breakfast time.