Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#324373 by Nathan_lol
Sun May 24, 2015 10:16 pm
Hey everyone! Hope you're enjoying the long Memorial weekend. Anyways, I've been writing music in my head for years. I think I've finally got something that would be cool. I'm going to outline it here, because for some reason this forum keeps me accountable.

Nightvision - For You

1. Joy
Big opener. Short and to the point. "A good man...reads the Bible. Pick me up and drop me from somewhere higher."
2. Nothing To Show
Wrote this one in the 10th grade. It's about that innate feeling of worthlessness that never goes away. First half is diminished and depressing, then it shifts to a swing feel and kicks ass before collapsing on itself. "What have I achieved? At the end of the day, I'm sinking."
3. Over Again
Another 10th grade song. Inspired by the Green Goblin in Spider-Man saying "WE CAN DO THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL WE'RE BOTH DEAD!" "You see us, holding onto the remainders."
4. Tonight
This one's hard. I was in an abusive relationship for 5 years. It's a standard chord based love song, but the idea is that I'm screaming under the whole track. The screams will fade in and get louder and louder until they are in harmony with the clean vocals. "I don't wanna live and I don't wanna die, so I'll sit here 'we're waiting' hearts broken they cry."
5. Too South
This is my big metal song. I'm pissed off. I was trapped in a for-profit psych ward for 72 hours. My "unit" name? Two south. "I spent too long waiting, life's not changing (I need to get out of here)."
6. Sunrise
Staying up all night is fun, watching the world go to sleep. You can actually get some fucking thinking done at this time. Especially when you live in the 6th largest city in the United States. "I'll sit and watch the sunrise, ignore what tomorrow hides."
7. One Shot
Unrequited love. Finding someone you love and need, and them not feeling the same way. Nothing hurts more than this. Breaking out the 7 string for this one! "Time escapes me, the past does not make me, I'm not bound by things I said or did or thought of doing."
8. I Love You
Self explanatory. "I love you."

I'm going to make this the old fashioned way. I got Logic Pro, and I've gotten decent at programming VSTs. I'm going to make the whole album, and then start a Kickstarter with samples of it. So I can record it again, with real instruments. I don't know how much money I'll need, this is going to take some time. So I need advise!

- When is the best time to launch a Kickstarter? This is what's going to keep me sane over the summer, but I intent to finish the demos before school starts up again.

- How do I secure legal rights to my band name? This isn't the first thing I've released under the Nightvision name, but I don't want some asshole taking the name from me. I like the name. And if someone already does have it, I need to find a new one.

- Samples. I wanna rip shit from movies and other things that have inspired me over the years and include them in the album. How long can a sample last before I'm stealing it?

Also, here's the Nightvision Bandcamp in its current form:
http://nightvision69.bandcamp.com/releases
The album there is based on a novel I wrote (I know, I know). My eventual goal is to whittle that album down into something not so offensive, but I wanna make this album first.

Wee!!!!!!
#324406 by JuZ
Sat May 30, 2015 2:54 pm
Can we take from that that you're feeling somewhat improved, Nathan?

If so, that's great.
#324409 by Nathan_lol
Sat May 30, 2015 3:26 pm
Yeah I'm much better now, its taken a decent amount of medical intervention but I finally got my head worked out. Just a matter of stabilizing myself, I've got it worked out to where I don't need medication anymore, but it's been a very dramatic ordeal for everyone in my family.

But you know, I'm in the middle now and I won't get lost again ;)
#324455 by Nathan_lol
Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:18 am
Ended up cutting "I Love You", too on the nose. In it's place is "Medieval", which is about BEING in love:
https://soundcloud.com/nathanisgay666/medieval-demo

There aren't any vocals on this one yet, I'm still toying with the lyrics. But the song is about when you love a girl, and thinking about her makes you throw up. It's one of the two songs on the album that will use a 7 string because LOVE IS HEAVY SHIT