17%
17%
28%
28%
6%
6%

#27060 by Gossamer Wings
Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:06 pm
I was recently given the G3 DVD featuring steve vai and satriani etc. Satriani's piece is mind boggling.....

#29549 by EphelDuath666
Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:48 am
Does anyone here own King Crimson´s Eyes Wide Open Double DVD? I really am interested in buying it but read that there are audio and video probs with the second DVD. Anyways, can anyone tell me if it´s good and worth to buy?

#29617 by Apophis
Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:27 am
i badly want the Hate 'Litanies Of Satan' DVD atm, but there's honestly sweet fuck all hope of being able to get that so....

#29623 by ianlogan123
Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:12 am
Vai at the Astoria is pretty good, although I only really liked it the 2nd or 3rd time round. It looks like all the guys are havinga really good time. The DVD wasn'y filmed entirely from one night and there are a couple of moments when the colour of Dave Weiners guitar changes mid song. Not enough to ruin the show, but it is a bit lame to have audio from one show and video from another. Apparently there were problems with the camera crew. Its also very self indulgement in places, and Vai acts up a little too much in places. He does, howerver, have a fan to blow his hair about, which is nice.

I preferred Satch in San Francisco as its better shot and better mixed.

#29719 by Coma Divine
Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:17 am
Speaking of "audio from one gig, video from another", check out Ministry's "Sphinctour" DVD. Each song has the audio fom one specific show, and fairly rapidly edited video from most of the shows of that entire tour. :shock:
    You'd think "WTF?" but it works. :D Looks and sounds fantastic. Jourgensen is one magnificent madman.

#29726 by Guest
    Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:49 am
    thefillersweetcityjesus wrote:don't buy any and save up for the DTB/SYL dvds. :D

That's the quote of the week !!!
    right on !!!
    :D

#29727 by BrunoN
    Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:52 am
    Coma Divine wrote:Speaking of "audio from one gig, video from another", check out Ministry's "Sphinctour" DVD. Each song has the audio fom one specific show, and fairly rapidly edited video from most of the shows of that entire tour. :shock:
      You'd think "WTF?" but it works. :D Looks and sounds fantastic. Jourgensen is one magnificent madman.

I second that, this DVD is awesome - and Al Jourgensen is The Man.

BTW, I heard that he has plans for future - two more Ministry albums, one Revolting Cocks and Lard - then end of music. Then he wants to be an academical teacher - can you believe it? :)

#29730 by Coma Divine
      Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:05 am
      BrunoN wrote:BTW, I heard that he has plans for future - two more Ministry albums, one Revolting Cocks and Lard - then end of music. Then he wants to be an academical teacher - can you believe it? :)
      God help us!! :lol: What a "learned" generation that would turn out to be! "I'm, like, taking Timothy Leary 101 dude...huh huh..." :smokeweed: :thebrain:
        Couldn't be any worse than the last 8000 years of "education"...

#29742 by BrunoN
        Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:44 am
        from
        http://www.releasemagazine.net/spotlightministry2.htm

– I was a heroin addict for 20 years and was asleep for like nine. Now I know exactly what I want to do: Two more Ministry albums, one more Lard album and one more Revolting Cocks album. Then I'm going to pick up my career as a teacher again. I have a master's degree in history, so I am going to teach at a university, maybe the University of Texas as a professor.

hard to believe, isn't it?