31%
31%
19%
19%
N/A
N/A

#29591 by BlueRaja
Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:39 pm
Regal Jenkinson wrote:BlueRaja, I love your name.

I love that film. Maybe I can forkgive you, if you can forkget.

I love you for loving that movie. :D I don't know why, but I think it's hysterical.

#29656 by Tren
Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:36 am
Dunkelheit wrote:I think menschen means men or people, my knowledge of the german lang. is somewhat minuscule. And now I'll proceed to translate what Tren said.

Humans think darkness are better in the darkness!!!

Sounds about right ;)

People think darkness (aka yourself) is better in the darkness. (aka not you but dark so people wouldn't have to see your disfigured face)

Lost in translation i guess. :D

#29798 by Apophis
Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:30 am
Tren wrote:
Dunkelheit wrote:I think menschen means men or people, my knowledge of the german lang. is somewhat minuscule. And now I'll proceed to translate what Tren said.

Humans think darkness are better in the darkness!!!

Sounds about right ;)

People think darkness (aka yourself) is better in the darkness. (aka not you but dark so people wouldn't have to see your disfigured face)

Lost in translation i guess. :D
to translate what he just said...

the original thing was meant to mean "People often think you look better surrounded by darkness"

#29812 by Regal Jenkinson
Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:27 am
BlueRaja wrote:
Regal Jenkinson wrote:BlueRaja, I love your name.

I love that film. Maybe I can forkgive you, if you can forkget.

I love you for loving that movie. :D I don't know why, but I think it's hysterical.

How could anyone not like it? It's fantastic.

Plus it has Eddie Izzard in it.

#29816 by mistress2metal
Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:55 am
Er, I never see movies. What movie might this be? I know about Eddie Izzard, he's funny as hell but some enlightenment please? lol

#29820 by Regal Jenkinson
Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:07 am
Mystery Men. It's a film with Ben Stiller (the good Ben Stiller kind, not one just for the money).

Anyway, they play a load of crap superheros.

#29823 by mistress2metal
Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:14 am
Hmmm - I'm consulting my friend who is an Eddie Izzard fanatic. All I know is she goes into hysterics if I ask her for a flag,... lol

#29827 by Regal Jenkinson
Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:13 am
No flag - no country.

It's Izzard talking about the British Empire.

#29828 by mistress2metal
Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:36 am
I thought he was pretty damn funny but it would have been a lot funnier if I knew something about history, lol

#29841 by powercozmic
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:07 am
Hey how about the deep big black eyes and raven black haired women i love those kinda dames....

#29843 by Apophis
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:10 am
Regal Jenkinson wrote:Mystery Men. It's a film with Ben Stiller (the good Ben Stiller kind, not one just for the money).

Anyway, they play a load of crap superheros.

is that the one with the girl who's superpower is a big bowling ball?

i wanna watch that...

Regal Jenkinson wrote:It's Izzard talking about the British Empire.

I found it funnier when he told his American audience that he was "from Europe... you know, where the history is"

#29849 by mistress2metal
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:24 am
He is funny. I should watch that video again, lol

#29850 by Regal Jenkinson
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:26 am
Is that on Circle? I like it where he stops and says: "Do you know that there are other countries?"

#29855 by mistress2metal
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:36 am
I don't know - my friend recorded it from HBO or some movie channel yeeeeears ago and she still watches it all the time. I'm not sure of any details about it though,... it looked to me like it was a mid 90's video,..

#29865 by BlueRaja
Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:03 am
I love Eddie Izzard. Absolutely brilliant!

Yes, Mystery Men is worth watching. Ben Stiller (Dr. Furious), Geoffrey Rush (Cassanova Frankenstein), Hank Azaria (The Blue Raja :wink: ), Janeane Garofolo (The Bowler), Greg Kinnear (Captain Amazing), William H. Macy (The Shoveller), so many others. But yeah, they're super heroes that kind of...made up their own powers.

Eddie plays Tony P., bad guy, a member of the Disco Boys.