12%
12%
15%
15%
23%
23%

#29713 by Coma Divine
Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:40 am
No choice. By that I mean there is NO CHOICE whatsoever. SYL is one single facet of Dev's spectrum of musical behaviour (and I don't mean that lightly) and our preferred "bit" of his output would very likely be dictated by our own state of mind at any one time.
    The fact is that Dev makes more extreme music with a pack of hairy troglodytes :wink: (juz kiddin' guys) under the banner of Strapping Young Lad, and richer, more philosophical music either by himself or with the DTB guys (troglodyte status still unknown...tour here and I'll give ya my appraisal, HINT!!) and while each of us could fundamentally appreciate music from either end...it is his body of work as a whole that has us all here in the first place. :D
      Long may it grow...

#29739 by TheFourthHorseman
      Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:37 am
      Since you're listening to Godspeed, try out the new Silver Mt. Zion.

Kthxbye...

#29763 by Apophis
      Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:38 am
      -THe-Billy- wrote:
      Apophis wrote:slightly pointless poll this seens as the solo stuff is the Yin to the SYL Yang but still....

it was SYL i was first introduced to and SYL that led me onto listening to the Devster's solo stuff, plus I have a SYL tattoo, so i think you can tell what my answer is right off :D

Some people like one more than the other. This thread is not pointless.

I like City the most, but then Infinity and Terria more than HAART or SYL.

I didn't say people don't like one more than the other. I said that they're both two halves of the same whole.

If you're more inclined towards angry/ adrenalised music, you're more liekly to be fonder of the masculine darker Yang (SYL), whereas if you're cut of a different cloth and prefer the more textured/ emotional/ ambient side, you're more likely to be fond of the feminine lighter Yin (DTB).