12%
12%
15%
15%
23%
23%
#29580 by EvilPanda
Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:31 pm
It's a tough one for some people: which of the Devin bands do you prefer to most or listen to more?

#29582 by ruiner
Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:49 pm
Equal love. Devin is truley the best artist alive. Right up there with Daniel Gildenlow and Maynard James Keenan :p

#29583 by ALieN
Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:07 pm
i love a lot of SYL
but i love everything dev does with DTB and his solo stuff

#29586 by BlueRaja
Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:26 pm
DTB and solo. :D

I will admit, I need to listen to SYL more. I have no doubt in Dev's talents.

#29605 by TheFourthHorseman
Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:19 am
Solo stuff, even though SYL is great too (the two "latest" albums that I've heard anyway).

#29609 by Apophis
Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:45 am
slightly pointless poll this seens as the solo stuff is the Yin to the SYL Yang but still....

it was SYL i was first introduced to and SYL that led me onto listening to the Devster's solo stuff, plus I have a SYL tattoo, so i think you can tell what my answer is right off :D

#29622 by Knoxville
Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:36 am
Apophis wrote:slightly pointless poll this seens as the solo stuff is the Yin to the SYL Yang but still....

it was SYL i was first introduced to and SYL that led me onto listening to the Devster's solo stuff, plus I have a SYL tattoo, so i think you can tell what my answer is right off :D

^^^^

Apart from the tattoo bit.

#29624 by ianlogan123
Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:29 am
I went for the solo and DTB stuff. Although I like SYL, lots of people do heavy music, and IMHO some people do it better :oops: . However, nobody else comes close to OM, Infinity, Terria, Physicist and AE. Each of those is totally unique and I connect to them on a more emotional level.

Flame away, I'm wearing my asbestos suit today :lol:

#29633 by Dunkelheit
Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:19 am
SYL, but only for I have heard way too little of DTB and his solo werk.

#29658 by EvilPanda
Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:32 pm
Apophis wrote:slightly pointless poll this seens as the solo stuff is the Yin to the SYL Yang but still....

I don't think it's pointless. Like you, it was SYL that introduced me to Devin and his solo work but I feel more attached to DTB and solo stuff than SYL, but that's just me!

#29659 by -THe-Billy-
Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:54 pm

Some people like one more than the other. This thread is not pointless.

I like City the most, but then Infinity and Terria more than HAART or SYL.

#29667 by Guest
Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:48 pm
All in all it's just Dev's music for every kind of mood ...
:wink:

Geoff

#29682 by thefillersweetcityjesus
Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:13 pm
woah i was about to put, it depends on your mood...

right now im into the dtb, earlier today i was into SYL...
o.O

#29708 by psychotic
Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:59 pm
It's already been said in this thread, but I'd just like to echo whoever it was who said that it's like yin vs. yang, SYL's my first choice for when I'm aggressive and energetic, and DTB is more for when I'm feeling more intellectual or feeling more like thinking more, more relaxed. I couldn't possibly live without either of the two.