N/A
N/A
N/A
14%
14%
#31269 by Apophis
Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:20 am
right.

I know this monolith is now dead and buried, but I just wanted to garner the opinion of the masses on this splendiferous board on this fucking awesome band.
I'm sure, by the time you finish reading this post, will be completely aware of my view on this band, but as if you needed any more proof of their greatness, not only have they influenced the likes of Neurosis, Red Harvest, Mastodon, Fear Factory and practically a shedload more bands (i dare say Dev might even testify to liking it), they make fucking cracking tunes.

so to the poll.

#31271 by THE_NEW_PLAGUE
Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:25 am
Havent heard.......

What album is good to check out first?

#31275 by Apophis
Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:31 am
'In All Languages'. It's their "best of" album.

Either that or just go for the album 'Streetcleaner'

#31279 by EphelDuath666
Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:14 am
I love each band that were mentioned above so I gotta check them out. I heard their name a few times but didn´t find time to listen to their music. Naaah, I was just too lazy. :oops:

#31280 by Apophis
Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:21 am
:)

trust me... it's a bit odd, cos some people don't "get" the Godflesh sound the first time they hear it, then give up... but it's very rewarding.

Basically, the way everyone normally listens to music most of the time is to ALL of the sound at once and maybe listen to just the vocals or something. Whereas with Godflesh, the bass is just as important as the vocals, drums as the guitars and so on. Rather than the Communist ideal of all instruments coming together to make one sound, a lot of Godflesh is multiple sounds coming together to make a sound but actually staying recognisable individually.

if that makes sense.

I dare anyone to listen to the tracks 'Messiah', 'Like Rats' or 'Slavestate' and not love them :D

#31284 by EphelDuath666
Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:16 am
just listened to 3 live songs that I downloaded from their site and I must say that they sound great. But I´ll have to wait with my vote though till I checked out an Album or two but I´ll definitely do that.

#31289 by Apophis
Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:45 am
http://www.godflesh.com is the official fan-site actually, but it may as well be the proper official site considering how much amazingly better it is than the http://www.avalanche-inc.com site (if that url's true)... but then the latter incorporates a lot of JK Broadrick's none-Godflesh bands/ news too so....