Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct

Where should I go on holiday next?

38%
38%
13%
13%
#32952 by Apophis
Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:13 am
right. slightly random, short-lived, poll here, but I'm planning on setting up my first holiday for four years, for some time in the near future, but I can't seem to make my mind up between going to somewhere like Oslo in Norway or somewhere like Krakow (or whereever's best) in Poland.

Principally my only reasons for these two countries are... Poland because Krakow supposedly has a really thriving extreme metal scene, and Oslo because, well Red Harvest are often in Oslo plus I've wanted to go there for years.

anyway, I can't decided between the two.

PROS:
Norway: home of fuck knows how many bands I really like - hence should be easier to get hold of decent metal wants.
Poland: home of the death metal I like best
Norway: land of the Vikings ;) (we need a Viking Smiley btw, either in a black metal style or a 'traditional' style)
Poland: I stand a chance of being able to pick up a ton of Vader, Hate and various other metal shit.

CONS:
Norway: VERY expensive apparently, so not only would whatever I want to buy be expensive but the holiday itself probably would be.
Poland: I'm not too sure about just how rundown it is in places, as I've not been there enough times to know. If it's anything like Romania, then that's a big X against it.
Norway: er, Sapphire lives there ;)
Poland: Vesper lives there :lol:

#32954 by FinnAtLondon
Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:18 am
Norway:

+Pretty Fjords
+Good Metal

-Fucking expensive

Poland:

+Cheap beer

-Dont know that much. I was 7 when I went there.

I would go to Poland because Scandinavian countries are already boring and "been there done that" to me.

#32961 by FinnAtLondon
Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:26 am
I think Poland is a bit scary. But probably i am just an ingnorant pussy.

#32993 by Apophis
Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:23 am
Coma Divine wrote:Norway.
    Torch a church in POLAND and they'd very likely notice... :wink:

i think they'd notice in Norway too mate... hence why practically half the metal musicians still alive have criminal records ;)

well excluding Varg Vikernes for obvious reasons.

#33034 by Sinkharmony
    Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:18 am
    I'd personally pick Norway since I've wanted to visit Scandinavia for the longest time. I don't know if you plan on roaming the countryside, but that would be a big plus that I'd imagine that Norway has and one I'd like to explore.