Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#324286 by Lettuce
Tue May 05, 2015 2:54 am
It's the only way to explain his recent success, Devin's a Freemason.
#324287 by EphelDuath666
Wed May 06, 2015 8:38 am
well, I personally shit on Twitter and Facebook. Neither have a Twitter nor Facebook profile. Now don't get me wrong, I have no real problem with people who do and it's great for artists and companies I'm sure but I'd like to stay as far away from that stuff as I can because there's nothing "social" about either. Like I said, personal opinion.

Like I said a while back, when I visited a friend not long ago and wanted to watch a movie with him all he did was post (probably useless) crap on facebook using his smartphone. That's all people do anymore. Stare at their smartphone to post something on twitter or facebook or whatever. It's amazing. You go to a 'PARTY' where people are supposed to have fun and most people sit around playing with their smartphones and facebook. How crazy is that?

I have one friend in particular who tries to talk me into creating a facebook profile constantly. "I would have told you about this or that but unfotunately you're not on facebook". I mean, seriously? I got a phone and a cellphone (a basic cellphone that does....drum roll....phone calls) where he could call me all he wants. It's really ridiculous. But yeah, to each his own. I prefer my good ole HDR forums. There may not be much going on here anymore but at least you can actually discuss things with people rather than just 'commenting' on stuff and don't get me started on that 'thumbs up' crap. Why would anyone need approval like that. People are almost craving for that on facebook, youtube, etc. ....but yeah...done with my rant, heh. :P
#324289 by Lettuce
Wed May 06, 2015 5:18 pm
I love social networking, I work as a sole trader and spend most of my time in my workshop on my todd, it makes me feel a bit less cut off from the world and I can keep in contact with my close buddies out of the country on a more open platform instead of an isolated phonecall. Phone never comes out when I see them, too much craic to be missed.
#324290 by Bookwyrm83
Thu May 07, 2015 1:47 am
Even though I agree with Lars 100%, I had to press the Like button. Couldn't resist.

On a completely unrelated matter, I just got a letter from the government which is basically bullying me into getting private health cover. If I don't apply come June 30 and decide to later down the road, as I am 31 I will now be loaded additional percentages on top of applicable premiums for every collective year I chose not to have it.

Well fuck you, too. I'm aware there's a ton of benefits in having private insurance but I never need to exploit these things. If I get sick, I go to the local medical center, my free Medicare covers it, end of story. I don't want to bleed my fiances any further than I have to. Fucking assholes.
#324291 by Lettuce
Thu May 07, 2015 2:37 am
I'm going to stab myself in the knee out of solidarity and crawl to the Emergency Dept to be treated for free.

It's election day! I voted!
#324294 by Lettuce
Thu May 07, 2015 2:54 pm
Double post but w/e. I got a shed months ago and almost finished decorating it, it's super snuggly and full of booze-

#324304 by Cosmic Sea
Wed May 13, 2015 4:22 pm
That feeling when you're coming home from a party, a bit of drunk, ordering a double burger at a local snack bar, and you notice they've got Sriracha.

What's better tipsy food than a burger - a double burger. Even better than that? The same burger with Sriracha. :)
#324307 by Lettuce
Sat May 16, 2015 3:27 am
That is exactly what I had for dinner last night, but not drunk (okay I might have had four G&Ts before I made it but that's not drunk)
#324316 by JuZ
Mon May 18, 2015 1:41 pm
I just deleted all my photos and Facebook friends, bar those on a support group I'm in, my mum and my wife.

I suppose I should have told people but the very idea that"should" inform anyone about what I'm doing with that shitty program annoyed me. As soon as I'm at a point where I don't need the support group or need to assist others in it I'll delete my account.

All I ever wanted Facebook for was to keep up with friends and family. Despite my every effort, Facebook fills my screen with irrelevant, annoying or downright offensive crap on a daily basis.

I must admit it feels very strange not to read the posts of those people who used to go into every detail of their lives. And I will obviously miss out on stuff from people I care about. But my life is so short of hours as it is, I'm done with devoting time to sifting through all the shit.

Freedom! ;)
#324318 by Bookwyrm83
Tue May 19, 2015 2:52 am
Meanwhile, I am surrounded by forms and financial reports for various superannuation accounts that I couldn't be bothered looking after and now I'm kicking myself for my neglect. I have to get it all in line before tax day otherwise I'm gonna be fucked.

Good on you, Justin. The real world is more important. Time to head back to it.
#324322 by Lettuce
Wed May 20, 2015 3:59 pm
Newsnight were covering a really serious referendum just now, but this somehow happened-

#324323 by EphelDuath666
Wed May 20, 2015 4:17 pm
JuZ wrote:I just deleted all my photos and Facebook friends, bar those on a support group I'm in, my mum and my wife.

I suppose I should have told people but the very idea that"should" inform anyone about what I'm doing with that shitty program annoyed me. As soon as I'm at a point where I don't need the support group or need to assist others in it I'll delete my account.

All I ever wanted Facebook for was to keep up with friends and family. Despite my every effort, Facebook fills my screen with irrelevant, annoying or downright offensive crap on a daily basis.

I must admit it feels very strange not to read the posts of those people who used to go into every detail of their lives. And I will obviously miss out on stuff from people I care about. But my life is so short of hours as it is, I'm done with devoting time to sifting through all the shit.

Freedom! ;)

high five, bro! :D Wish my friends would do the same thing and live in the real world again, heh.
#324325 by Lettuce
Wed May 20, 2015 6:53 pm
To be honest, not using social media because you don't need it is like not having plumbing because you shit in you garden. Cause to be fair, you can just shit in your garden if you want to, but toilets are okay?

My previous post though! Genuinely happened! My dad called me up and asked why my weird mate was on the telly! He's a mate of Dev's too! (not my dad)