Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct

#59040 by BlueRaja
Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:33 am
You can see Jupiter just using binoculars, and 3 to 4 of its moons. And if you go out of the city limits far enough away from city lights, you can see the Andromeda Galaxy just with the naked eye (in the Andromeda constellation).

#59055 by ForceFed
Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:21 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:
ForceFed wrote:I'm all sweaty. Practicing drumming at 5:30 in the morning is very nice.

Presumably not for your neighbours though.

I live in a nice secluded area so no neighbors too close, and my detatched garage means I can play and not bother my family and such. :)

#59077 by A-Daamage
Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:43 pm
BlueRaja wrote:You can see Jupiter just using binoculars, and 3 to 4 of its moons. And if you go out of the city limits far enough away from city lights, you can see the Andromeda Galaxy just with the naked eye (in the Andromeda constellation).

You can also see the Orion Nebula directly below his belt if you look just to the side of his sword and use your peripheral vision. Of course this is much easier to see away from city lights as well. Saturn is also visible through binoculars, but you have to know where to look. Also, the Earth actually "wobbles" on its axis over thousands of years which means eventually the North Star will no longer be Polaris but another star. Something else that's pretty cool: Tidal friction caused by the moon is slowing Earth's rotation by .0014 seconds a day. We'll eventually move into a 25-hour day.

#59086 by BlueRaja
Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:00 pm
A-Daamage wrote:Something else that's pretty cool: Tidal friction caused by the moon is slowing Earth's rotation by .0014 seconds a day. We'll eventually move into a 25-hour day.

:shock: :D I love this kind of stuff.

My toe hurts.

#59088 by hog
Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:29 pm
I had sexual intercourse for the first time in 9 months with a girl who is moving next week to be with her boyfriend!

#59122 by Coma Divine
Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:41 pm
A-Daamage wrote:
BlueRaja wrote:You can see Jupiter just using binoculars, and 3 to 4 of its moons. And if you go out of the city limits far enough away from city lights, you can see the Andromeda Galaxy just with the naked eye (in the Andromeda constellation).

You can also see the Orion Nebula directly below his belt if you look just to the side of his sword and use your peripheral vision. Of course this is much easier to see away from city lights as well. Saturn is also visible through binoculars, but you have to know where to look. Also, the Earth actually "wobbles" on its axis over thousands of years which means eventually the North Star will no longer be Polaris but another star. Something else that's pretty cool: Tidal friction caused by the moon is slowing Earth's rotation by .0014 seconds a day. We'll eventually move into a 25-hour day.
M42 alright! If we become free entities upon our deaths as many postulate - then that is where I'm going!

I always wanted to see the Trapezium from the INSIDE!! :D
Oh, and Steph - lucky bugger thou. You gotta live far enough North the see M31 in Andromeda.
:sad: It was the first thing I scoped the couple of times I've been th' other side of the Equator though!

#59170 by BlueRaja
Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:42 am
Ah, that's right. You see a totally different sky than we do. :)

#59962 by Bwomp09
Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:33 pm
things that go BUMP in the night.

#59964 by mo
Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:36 pm
Bwomp09 wrote:things that go BUMP in the night.

If I am getting paid over $20/hr and I'm unsupervised... should I bludge? (workin for the govt. too, does that help)

#59970 by WickedBuddhi
Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:10 pm
I'm 21 years old and i still look like a 14 year old....this sucks....

#59971 by mo
Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:14 pm
WickedBuddhi wrote:I'm 21 years old and i still look like a 14 year old....this sucks....

I'm southern Italian. That means I started shaving when I was 14/15. My brother even earlier, he's a fucken gorilla if I ever did see one.

#60026 by Blazingmonga
Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:17 am
Im a bit of a hairy un' aswell. Its not good though! I am jealous of all these baby-faced blonde guys I know with a bit of fluff on their chins, they never have to go through the pain of a painful shave. Pah!

#60164 by ianlogan123
Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:47 pm
Man I hate painful shaves. Give it half a week and they're killer!

Apple juice is my favourite non-alcoholic drink.

I have big exams in a month and a half. I've not done any work and I know I'm going to fail it.

When I imagine what food tastes like it is always nicer than really eating it.

I can talk to pretty much anyone about pretty much anything, but although everyone else thinks I have decent chat I think it sucks.

TAKE THE GIRL TO THE PUB AND HOPE THAT ALCOHOL MAKES YOU FUNNY.

It usually works even if you don't think so.

#60165 by mistress2metal
Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm
My eyeballs are drying out and I wanna go home.

#60177 by mo
Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:01 pm
Still at the uni, still not doing any work, still unsupervised...

I got a coffee and a muffin this morning. They forget to charge me... oh well.

Damn I can't find the stylo to my pda...

Hitchhicker's Guide To The Galaxy is a great book but fuck I hate shaving.