Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#324359 by EphelDuath666
Sat May 23, 2015 2:42 pm
Faye_Fergy wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Plus I was specifically talking about Facebook and Twitter. To me there's a difference between those places and a message board. Not just this one but message boards in general. And no, I'm again not talking about ALL Facebook or Twitter users, just in case there's confusion again. It's all just my personal experiences and opinion. Heck, if this place is no more oneday then there's always e-mails. you know, old school. To each his own I guess (omg, there, I said it again). I mean I can say that, it's not like I can do anything about their behaviour anyways and if it makes them happy, or whatever, fine. But that doesn't mean I have to like it and if I don't like something I have no problem saying so. No need to go ballistic because someone pee'd on your favorite toy :lol: :P It's just verbal pee, so relax.

You really are a bit of a bell end, aren't you lad? The girl gives you a measured response to the discussion (after all, you love discussions on here) and you chuck insults at her? It looks like you only like discussions when everyone agrees with you. I'm pretty sure if you interpret what she said by calling it "going ballistic", then you have literally no idea what that means. I'm pretty sure it was your high-and-mighty, condescending attitude she was taking exception to, in any case; not the fact you don't use social media (apart from message boards). So, take a step back and look at yourself, because you're coming across like a Grade A cockwomble.

Of course, that's my own personal experience of you; so following your logic, that must be ok. After all, I don't have to like you and I shouldn't be afraid of saying so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that paragraph was actually directed at you and not her (since you complained about the 'to each his own' comment and responded to my views with 3 posts in a row. I just didn't use a seperate quote to make it more clear) and I was hoping the smiley faces made it clear that I wasn't really being very serious and that it was not meant in a mean spirited manner either. Like I said, relax, since you are really the only one throwing around actual insults and are being rather aggressive, not that I take offense. I don't have any sort of problem with you. Just because someone talks about something you like (Facebook in this case), doesn't mean he automatically talks 'about you'. I have no reason to. And I have said several times now that I was refering to 'my' friends back here and their social networking behaviour, and I'm not the only one complaining about their behaviour. Not yours or you, because I do not know you. And that was pretty much all I had left to say on this subject. Movin' on...
#324366 by Faye_Fergy
Sun May 24, 2015 6:18 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Faye_Fergy wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Plus I was specifically talking about Facebook and Twitter. To me there's a difference between those places and a message board. Not just this one but message boards in general. And no, I'm again not talking about ALL Facebook or Twitter users, just in case there's confusion again. It's all just my personal experiences and opinion. Heck, if this place is no more oneday then there's always e-mails. you know, old school. To each his own I guess (omg, there, I said it again). I mean I can say that, it's not like I can do anything about their behaviour anyways and if it makes them happy, or whatever, fine. But that doesn't mean I have to like it and if I don't like something I have no problem saying so. No need to go ballistic because someone pee'd on your favorite toy :lol: :P It's just verbal pee, so relax.

You really are a bit of a bell end, aren't you lad? The girl gives you a measured response to the discussion (after all, you love discussions on here) and you chuck insults at her? It looks like you only like discussions when everyone agrees with you. I'm pretty sure if you interpret what she said by calling it "going ballistic", then you have literally no idea what that means. I'm pretty sure it was your high-and-mighty, condescending attitude she was taking exception to, in any case; not the fact you don't use social media (apart from message boards). So, take a step back and look at yourself, because you're coming across like a Grade A cockwomble.

Of course, that's my own personal experience of you; so following your logic, that must be ok. After all, I don't have to like you and I shouldn't be afraid of saying so

that paragraph was actually directed at you and not her (since you complained about the 'to each his own' comment and responded to my views with 3 posts in a row. I just didn't use a seperate quote to make it more clear) and I was hoping the smiley faces made it clear that I wasn't really being very serious and that it was not meant in a mean spirited manner either. Like I said, relax, since you are really the only one throwing around actual insults and are being rather aggressive, not that I take offense. I don't have any sort of problem with you. Just because someone talks about something you like (Facebook in this case), doesn't mean he automatically talks 'about you'. I have no reason to. And I have said several times now that I was refering to 'my' friends back here and their social networking behaviour, and I'm not the only one complaining about their behaviour. Not yours or you, because I do not know you. And that was pretty much all I had left to say on this subject. Movin' on...

You quoted Violet, not me, so how was I supposed to know? You could have made it more clear by using my name, perhaps? And to be fair, my response would have been the same; I was adding to the discussion and putting my own views across, saying how things are different for different people.

#324369 by EphelDuath666
Sun May 24, 2015 8:23 am
and like I said, it was not meant to be a serious or mean spirited comment...I said 'it's just verbal pee', how serious can that be. and I simply forgot to quote you. I don't insult people for the sake of it so if something I say appears to be mean, it's not meant to be. (and btw, I checked my comments and I never said anything about social media, because I didn't think I did. I specifically talked about Facebook and Twitter). Bear in mind that you know me as much as I know you...not at all.

anywhoo...back to something more random. My little niece had surgery and had some big polyps removed and now it seems she can finally hear well, probably for the first time in her life. Yay!
#324371 by EphelDuath666
Sun May 24, 2015 8:57 am
fragility wrote:Yay! That's fantastic news, congratulations to your whole family

thanks :D It was pretty bad. You turned up the TV volume all the way to the max and she still couldn't hear properly while my neighbors could probably hear every word of the movie, heh. So I'm glad it was finally done.
#324375 by JuZ
Mon May 25, 2015 2:32 am
It's fantastic that they were able to improve her hearing in such a relatively straightforward manner. Not to downplay the surgery at all, I'm sure it wasn't easy for the family or her. :)

Speaking of kids, I became an uncle twice in the last two weeks. My sister in law had a boy, her 2nd, and then on Sunday my sister had a girl, her 2nd. Both healthy and at home. Hooray for babies!
#324378 by Bookwyrm83
Mon May 25, 2015 2:59 am
My first sister got engaged to her boyfriend of the past few years. This is the happiest I've seen her with a partner and it seemed inevitable they'd tie the knot.
They don't don't want to marry for the next few years, though. Allows her enough time to grow her hair and both of them to grow up a little more. Good for them.
#324383 by EphelDuath666
Mon May 25, 2015 8:11 am
JuZ wrote:It's fantastic that they were able to improve her hearing in such a relatively straightforward manner. Not to downplay the surgery at all, I'm sure it wasn't easy for the family or her. :)

Speaking of kids, I became an uncle twice in the last two weeks. My sister in law had a boy, her 2nd, and then on Sunday my sister had a girl, her 2nd. Both healthy and at home. Hooray for babies!

thanks, Justin....and she usually is pretty scared of stuff like that but my sister talked about to her about it over and over again and that she will hear much better when it's done so I think she was relatively calm.

and congrats on your nephew and niece! Babies are indeed very awesome! :D

and good to hear about your sis too, George!
#324436 by Lettuce
Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:43 pm
I just found out what the fuck this was-

They're all over my hometown and I never had any idea what they were for; they literally could have been anything. They're so ornate and complicated-looking, they must have been something massively significant.

No.

Sewage vents.

'PRETTY' sewage vents.
#324494 by Keeker
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:51 pm
Biert is 30 today.

I hope that makes one or two of you feel old. :D
#324495 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:31 pm
I'm seeing The Beach Boys next week at a county fair. Well, what's left of them and whomever is filling in. My mother and uncles are stoked. I figure it's something I can enjoy and start discussions with later.