Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#324587 by Lettuce
Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:26 pm
Thanks Juz! Although I live in London which is mainly tiny, windy, busy roads so I probably shouldn't be too dozy while I drive. I studied and worked in the city so there was no point in driving, now I'm working down in Surrey and Kent and a bunch of the places are miles from bus stops and train stations, I can't just do jobs on my own without a car. I DID actually buy a car several weeks ago but I'm sure you'll have noticed somewhere on this forum that it lasted about five minutes, still battling it out with Skoda now the plot thickens...they're back-pedalling on the recall claim which I have record of them confirming!

On a slightly awesome note; one of my buddies has been keeping a massive secret in that he's presenting a gameshow on ITV this Autumn! That's like, the XFactor channel! It's just gonna be his voice but I'm gonna lord it in every single fucker's face.
#324589 by JuZ
Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:22 am
I've done Toronto, Chicago, Sydney, Melbourne, Dallas/Fort Worth, LA and others. All have different challenges but I doubt any of them could match London for difficulty! A bit like NYC I'd just avoid driving too!
#324590 by swervedriver
Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:49 am
I absolutely loathe driving in huge cities. I need about 6 pairs of eyes to see everything that's going on, and also 6 pairs of hands to flip everyone off. :lol:
#324591 by Lettuce
Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:25 pm
I think it goes without saying that jaywalking in the UK (which isn't illegal here, just stupid) is called playing 'chicken'. Plus if you genuinely want to die, you just have to get on a bike in the city centre.
#324653 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:18 am
Randomly browsing IMDB, I discovered this movie exists:

I don't fucking get it, has it become a competition with these no-budget hacks to see who can make a worse movie than Jaws 4? I know there has been countless terrible shark movies made to cash in on the franchise since the 70s but the last decade or so has become beyond ridiculous. Still, I already know the solution - don't watch them. And so I shan't.
#324666 by Lettuce
Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:33 pm
They're made for people like me to enjoy and by people who'll phone me up at 6am on a Sunday morning asking if they could borrow me for a few weeks for moulding. It's a way of life, if you don't enjoy it then you don't get it.
#324810 by sesameseedbun
Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:09 pm
Listened to Dev's commentary on Terria, then watched the making-of video of The Retinal Circus. It's amazing how this man's life and career evolved over the span of eleven years, and yet he retained the same pessimistic sense of humor :)
#324819 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:39 am
I was almost tempted to buy a ticket to the final Black Sabbath tour in Melbourne next year. After all, I've never seen them live.
Then I read that the only available tickets are seated, upwards of $173 and Five Finger Death Punch were supporting.

There's always the albums.
#324824 by Cosmic Sea
Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:07 am
What? Man, and I thought Black Sabath tickets starting at around 88€ for the outdoors gig in Helsinki were expensive... :?
#324827 by fragility
Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:05 pm
Continuing to work on filing my cd collection out of jewel boxes and into big storage cases. This process naturally causes you to reflect on the contents...the owner of this lot is:
A - a sick, sick mind
B - a nerd of epic proportions