Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct

#116630 by Brainwashed
Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:31 pm
jon wrote:me and a friend rented black out over the weekend (and completed it of course) and i really enjoyed it.
its not groundbreaking, its just lots and lots of simulated violence (read:fun).

i read a review which made a good point- black is comparable to the burnout racing games (also made by criterion) so far as that both games have sacrificed the 'realism' to enhance the 'gameplay'.

do you 'know' what im trying 'to' say?
:D
id give it 4/5.
its definately a game that i want to play thro again.
the only drawback is a lack of a multiplayer option.

...so to feed our multiplayer fix, we've moved on to Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory.
theres only one thing better than simulated violence, thats sneaky simulated violence with a friend! :lol:

I'm playing Black right now...and I'd have to say it was really overhyped. But I was expecting that.

It's a fairly straightforward game. Fairly easy too. For the most part, the animation/graphics are pretty good. It's cool how parts of the wall, and your cover can get eaten up by gunfire, but the fact that you can sort of see an outline of what's going to be blown off is disappointing. The story is absolute crap, but hey, who really cares?

It's worth playing, but if you're looking for a really great FPS that's going to suck you in and keep you playing for hours at a time, you need to look elsewhere.

Anyways, I'm seriously considering getting an Xbox 360...I've been trying my damnest to hold out for the PS3, but it's just too far away...I need some gaming this summer! Oblivion, Perfect Dark Zero, and Advanced Warfighter just make it too tempting...

#116730 by Biert
Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:41 am
Oblivion should be in stores in the US now (Friday in The Netherlands :( ). Anyone who's enjoyed an RPG and is not instantly getting this one deserves to be shot. Unless he/she does not have an XBox360 or mega PC.

#116738 by funny_little_guy
Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:52 am
I dont have a XBox360 or mega PC, phew I was scared of the instant shootings there for a second.

#116757 by junkmonkey
Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:31 pm
i just got Metal Gear Solid 3:Subsistence,really cool game!never got around to gettin it when it first came out about a year or so ago so when i found out this was comin out,guess i lucked out!awesome game!

#116777 by Tim
Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:50 pm
junkmonkey wrote:i just got Metal Gear Solid 3:Subsistence,really cool game!never got around to gettin it when it first came out about a year or so ago so when i found out this was comin out,guess i lucked out!awesome game!

Lucky bastard. Down here in Aus we still haven't got a release date for it yet.
I could pick up the original release for $20, but I want all the extras.

#116825 by Biert
Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 am
Bought The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion today. It's fucking amazing, even tho I haven't made much progress yet, and it runs at about 2 FPS on my shitty notebook...

#116833 by Edzecrüshaer
Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:38 am
Oblivion has leaked.

#116845 by Biert
Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:49 am
Edzecrüshaer wrote:Oblivion has leaked.

It hasn't leaked, it's been released!

#116852 by Edzecrüshaer
Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:09 pm
Yeah? In Sweden on friday i think.
I ain't interested of it though, it will probably run at an half frame per second.

#116853 by Biert
Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:15 pm
It's been released in the US today or yesterday, in Europe it's to be released friday. I got it today tho :D

#117862 by Biert
Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:27 am
Has anyone played The Godfather yet? Any good?

It seems to be pretty much a clone of Mafia (and I loved that game) from what I've seen, with a HUUUUUUGE development budget. But I'm not sure if it's worth the time I could be spending on Oblivion.

#117863 by Hughie
Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:33 am
I think I'm the only one that doesn't like Oblivion.. it's like a one-player MMO, I found it pretty boring:(

#117864 by Biert
Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:43 am
Hughie wrote:I think I'm the only one that doesn't like Oblivion.. it's like a one-player MMO, I found it pretty boring:(

It's not a one-player MMO, it's an RPG. MMO means Massive Multiplayer Online, RPG means Role Playing Game. It's offline, but the fucking best RPG ever.

#117868 by Hughie
Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:02 pm
I know what they mean I've been playing MMOs since they were just MUDs:P I said it's LIKE one. In other words, its gigantic and theres tons to do, and as such it's fun when it's full of thousands of people playing it and boring as shit when you're alone. Just my opinion:)

#117872 by Atari
Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:14 pm
Animal Crossing: Wild World on the DS.

Just so relaxing.