Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct

#115528 by Kivenkantaja
Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:03 pm
Command and Conquers, Warcraft 2 and 3 and MGS's are pretty much the only games I play. Warcraft 2 is a classic.

#115530 by Acrid
Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:20 pm
Final Fantasy is the most boring piece of fucking crap video game I've ever played. I'd rather play Minesweeper with one mine than suffer through another minute of Final Fantasy hell.

#115541 by steve_dave
Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:23 pm
Acrid wrote:Final Fantasy is the most boring piece of fucking crap video game I've ever played. I'd rather play Minesweeper with one mine than suffer through another minute of Final Fantasy hell.

haha, duley noted.

Different strokes for different folks i guess!

#115564 by djskrimp
Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:11 pm
steve_dave wrote:
Acrid wrote:Final Fantasy is the most boring piece of fucking crap video game I've ever played. I'd rather play Minesweeper with one mine than suffer through another minute of Final Fantasy hell.

haha, duley noted.

Different strokes for different folks i guess!

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

#115570 by psychotic
Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:03 pm
A question for my fellow Zelda lovers out there:

Could any of you possibly be as excited as I am for Twilight Princess to come out? The screen shots and videos that I've seen for that look absolutely amazing. I am getting pretty impatient in waiting for it though, it's been pushed back too many times since it was first announced. However, I'm willing to wait if that means that it'll be as awesome as it looks like it will be.

#115577 by fragility
Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:41 pm

Any particular reason why you find it boring?

Too long?

#115589 by Acrid
Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:41 am
fragility wrote:Any particular reason why you find it boring?

a) The battles

I HATE static battles where I have more or less no control over what my character(s) do. A simple choice makes the character perfom a predetermined action based skill points or whatever. This worked quite well in the old Warlords games, but I did not like the way this is used in FF at all. I found the battle controls confusing and the battles themselves just mindblowingly boring.

b) The story

I am simply unable to feel joy, anger, despair etc. when a bunch of blue haired mangasmurfs screams out epic dialogue with K. Kondo music in the background. The story did not at any point intrigue me.

c) The level up-system

Wow, in the last game (XI?) this was like dropping acid. Confusing, awkward and downright demotivating. It was like a bizarre version of chinese checkers. I hate it.

#115619 by Biert
Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:22 am
Matthijs K. wrote:this is a demonstration video of the most brilliantly conceived game EVER:

(seriously, you all NEED to check this out)

http://www.flabber.nl/archief/015299.php

It's called Spore and it will be released later this year, normally i'm not really into games (anymore), but this one I really want to play!

Ah yes, Spore should be good! Technically, it's revolutionary.

#115626 by djskrimp
Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:04 am
psychotic wrote:A question for my fellow Zelda lovers out there:

Could any of you possibly be as excited as I am for Twilight Princess to come out? The screen shots and videos that I've seen for that look absolutely amazing. I am getting pretty impatient in waiting for it though, it's been pushed back too many times since it was first announced. However, I'm willing to wait if that means that it'll be as awesome as it looks like it will be.

I've never questioned the series being held until it was ready. I remember when I preordered "Ocarina of Time" and having to wait and it was WELL worth it. On the gaming forums, there are a lot of people bagging on Nintendo and particularly the Gamecube, but I've found that a LOT of quality games can be found on that little box.

That being said, the hype for Twilight Princess has been rolling since early 2004....I grow insane from the wait

#115627 by Edzecrüshaer
Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:22 am
Yeah it's gonna be great as hell. Just the knowing of a new Zelda adventure to play through makes me feel :D :D :D :D :D :!:

#115656 by psychotic
Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:50 pm
I haven't been disappointed by a Zelda game off of a major console yet (haven't played any of the GBA or Gameboy ones that haven't been released on NES, SNES, N64, or GC). This should be a lot of fun.

#115715 by Edzecrüshaer
Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:59 am
Yeah the Zelda games never dissapoint. Some say that Majoras Mask wasn't good but I totally disagree, it's nearly as good as Ocarina of Time.

#115720 by niklang
Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:53 am
I don't play as much as I used to and as much as I'd probably like but thats growing up I guess!

Anyway best game I played recently was Resident Evil 4 on the GameCube, you can get on PS2 as well. Now that is one hell of a game. The first game I had completed for a long time.

I also play a lot of Pro Evolution Soccer. Oh and I played Black on the PS 2 recently which looked and played great. The best way to give you an idea of what sort of game that is, is the fact that you can't open doors. You have to use your shotgun :-)

#115725 by Pisshead
Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:10 am
Yes!!! Resident Evil 4 AND Zelda get a spotlight!!

You people are catching on!

I remember I was the only kid in my school who liked OOT when it was released, everyone was playing Crash Bandicoot on the original Playstation.

Can we now agree that the Playstation was never 'cool'?!

#115776 by psychotic
Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:09 pm
I actually thought that Windwaker was a disappointment for the first few hours that I played it, then I beat that one castle for the first time and the game got so much better so quickly. Before that I thought it was fun, but not to Zelda quality, after that it became a great game to me.