Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#324440 by EphelDuath666
Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:59 pm
JuZ wrote:I finally got around to finishing the storyline of GTAV - and realised that I was basically at the end of the game when I fired it up to finish it!

I don't feel as compelled to wander the environment as I did in RDR. Maybe because I spent so much time doing that instead of playing the game!

Wife and kids are away until tomorrow and I'm under strict orders to play games all day. Not sure if I should just give Deus Ex a try or pop down to the shops and pick up something else cheap like The Saboteur. I'd love to get the last Dragon Age game but I'm a super tightwad budget!

The Saboteur was one of my favorite games when it was released. I wish they made a sequel but of course Pandemic Studios is no more :( And I doubt EA gives a fuck about The Saboteur.

About Dragon Age Inquisition...wait untill you have a next-gen console, even if it takes a while. But apparently the last-gen ports are pretty horrible. Unelss you want to get it for your PC of course.
#324444 by debs
Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:46 am
Octillus wrote:Splatoon. I am the prettiest hipster squid girl.

I am addicted to Splatoon :help:
#324447 by JuZ
Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:47 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:
JuZ wrote:I finally got around to finishing the storyline of GTAV - and realised that I was basically at the end of the game when I fired it up to finish it!

I don't feel as compelled to wander the environment as I did in RDR. Maybe because I spent so much time doing that instead of playing the game!

Wife and kids are away until tomorrow and I'm under strict orders to play games all day. Not sure if I should just give Deus Ex a try or pop down to the shops and pick up something else cheap like The Saboteur. I'd love to get the last Dragon Age game but I'm a super tightwad budget!

The Saboteur was one of my favorite games when it was released. I wish they made a sequel but of course Pandemic Studios is no more :( And I doubt EA gives a fuck about The Saboteur.

About Dragon Age Inquisition...wait untill you have a next-gen console, even if it takes a while. But apparently the last-gen ports are pretty horrible. Unelss you want to get it for your PC of course.

Thanks! I'll pick up TS sometime for cheap, when I have some gaming time again.

I'll be doing the PS4 thing one day, but not sure when. If I bought one now it would be a glorified Netflix player so I'll wait. :D

I ended up downloading a freemium game on my phone, Dominations. It suits my limited game time. :dead:
#324450 by Victimlas
Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:31 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:agreed, I got it cheap and did not regret it. Technically it's quite incredible. Everything looks amazing with great textures, although that nasty motion blur effect makes it really hard to take some proper screenshots, heh. Oh and what's your thoughts on Far Cry 4, now that you're probably done with it?

Yes, same here! I almost pre-ordered it but so glad I ended up waiting until it was cheap. Awesome game though.

Far Cry 4 is sitting on my shelf! I am being a good wife and waiting for the hubby to play it :D I did take your suggestion from awhile back, and picked up Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment- can't wait to start it.

You make Witcher sound really amazing. I started 2 and just wasn't into it at the time. I might just have to try it.
#324453 by EphelDuath666
Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:30 am
Victimlas wrote:You make Witcher sound really amazing. I started 2 and just wasn't into it at the time. I might just have to try it.

The Witcher 3 is really a whole different game. What bothered me in The Witcher 2, as much as I liked it, was that it really limits your freedom. You got several areas but you can't travel back to any of them, once you're done with an area you're done. And certain side quests couldn't be done anymore once you got too far in the story line, very unfortunate too.

But in the 3rd game they pretty much nailed it. There's several big areas in the game, basically hubs, which you can explore freely and you can travel back and forth as you wish. Each of them's big, really...but the biggest of them is simply gigantic. Technically it's VERY impressive. Facial animation is really good but what CD Project really nailed this time is 'eyes'. Usually in games the eyes of characters and NPCs look dead. In this game they look alive which makes any display of emotion more believable.
And then there's great environmental graphics on tops of that. TONS of foliage, grass, etc. and when the wind blows everything's moving. VERY impressive. Colors as well as lighting are incredible too. Frame rate drops can happen once in a while but that's more a matter of optimization than technical limitations I think.

Like I said, it's like Bioware and Bethesda made a game together. You got the great presentation, deep characters and story lines from the Mass Effect games paired with the freedom, the urge to explore and the well written and executed side quests from the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games

speaking of Fallout...Fallout 4 has been announced! Yay! Me thinks Pim's gonna get himself a next-gen console :P
And E3 in a few days...here's hoping for lots of great announcements AND some Mass Effect 4 footage. It's a very nerdy thing to say but I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about seeing the first ME4 gameplay scenes :oops:
#324464 by swervedriver
Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:42 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:speaking of Fallout...Fallout 4 has been announced! Yay! Me thinks Pim's gonna get himself a next-gen console :P

Maybe... I read rumours there may be a separate release for PS3/Xbox360 though, fingers crossed. :mrgreen: The so-called next-gen consoles have failed to wow me in both game offerings and displayed capabilities.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy.
#324466 by EphelDuath666
Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:50 pm
swervedriver wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:speaking of Fallout...Fallout 4 has been announced! Yay! Me thinks Pim's gonna get himself a next-gen console :P

Maybe... I read rumours there may be a separate release for PS3/Xbox360 though, fingers crossed. :mrgreen:.

nope....ain't gonna happen. Bethesda said it would be impossible to get the game to work on last-gen consoles.

Hmmm, and I personally can't complain about game offerings....I got...let's see....*counts*...well, at least 30 games for both my next-gen consoles :lol: I do however think you'd really dig The Witcher 3, knowing how much you enjoy Bethesda and Bioware games.
#324477 by swervedriver
Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:06 am
Ah, damn. We'll see where I'm at in half a year, but thusfar I've felt no desire to get a new console. My backlog is getting bigger due to a lot of time being absorbed by writing my thesis, so it'll be a while before I'm through that anyway.

When the time does come, Just Cause 3 + Fallout 4 may be a good combo-deal for me... :mrgreen:
#324478 by EphelDuath666
Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:31 pm
might want to add this to the list

[youtube]uG8V9dRqSsw[/youtube]
#324482 by swervedriver
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:04 am
I just read the XBone is going to have backwards compatibility. Pop in the 360 game disk, and it will automatically download a version you can play on the XBone. And it should be possible to port over old savegames too. The library of available games is still limited (and not yet available to everyone), but should be expanded pretty rapidly.

Now THAT makes it much more interesting.
#324484 by Victimlas
Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:37 am
So many awesome announcements at E3... the little bit on Mass Effect was so awesome. Uncharted 4 looks amazing... AND FINAL FANTASY VII!!! Looks like it will be a good year for gaming :)
#324487 by EphelDuath666
Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:19 pm
Victimlas wrote:So many awesome announcements at E3... the little bit on Mass Effect was so awesome. Uncharted 4 looks amazing... AND FINAL FANTASY VII!!! Looks like it will be a good year for gaming :)

the FFVII announcement really made me happy too. I hope they won't change it TOO much. I'm not talking graphics but story.

And Xbox One's backwards compatibility is great for people who never had an xbox 360 but since I'm not planning on ever selling mine I won't be using my Xbox One's BC since I need all my harddrive space for next-gen 1528376393 GB day one patches (and Xbox One/PS4 game installs of course) :lol: Almost regret buying my X1 actually as I'm hardly using it. Good thing is that I bought a super sweet bundle where the console itself only cost about 250 Euros or probably even less. But it's been mostly collecting dust so far.

Multi-platform games usually look better on the PS4, I so far like PS4's exclusives better (Bloodborne alone was worth it) and my X1's exclusives didn't impress me much so far. I loved the Dead Rising games on my Xbox 360. Dead Rising 3 on the X1 however...meh. I was hoping E3 would change that but Gears of War and Halo just don't do the trick for me anymore it seems. :( And seeing how Crackdown 3 will require a permanent internet connection to download actual game data from a cloud server because the X1 can't handle it all on its own really worries me for future games. And most of my Xbox live friends switched to PS4 too, heh.
#324506 by EphelDuath666
Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:52 pm
picked up Batman Arkham Knight and it's very awesome so far! Cruising through Gotham in that big ass batmobile is fuuuuun!