Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#323827 by swervedriver
Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:34 am
Finished Assassin's Creed Rogue. Gameplay is pretty much AC3+AC Black Flag on a large map, story is very short although it's not completely terrible. The switch Shay makes to go from assassin to templar is done reasonably well, but once he makes that switch he never seems to dwell on it either. I think that could've been fleshed out better since he's then going after his old assassin buddies... Disappointing.

Another thing: I thought I'd spend some time doing collection quests and side missions and upgrading my ship, because I thought it might come in handy later on. Turns out I was already 2/3rd through the whole game at that point, so it's absolutely pointless and the whole game essentially becomes picking up collectibles. And with such a large map it's just tedious and boring and fuck you Ubisoft for baiting me and fuck me for falling for it. :P
#323851 by Octillus
Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:57 am
Playing Suikoden 2 - fucking brilliant. Or maybe that's just my concussed brain
#323852 by EphelDuath666
Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:09 pm
nothing wrong with old school JRPGs at all :-D

played lots of Dragon Age Inquisition on my PS4 now and I'm actually loving it. So much to explore. Yes, there are fetch quests but not nearly as many as I thought and it's not like there weren't any in Skyrim, that game had its own fair share of those and no one seemed bothered by it. Also enjoying the story much more so far than I enjoyed Dragon Age 2's story. Not saying DA2's story was bad, it was actually one of the things I actually liked about the game. But it's nice to have a proper villain again, a proper threat and not just templars and mages going "You suck!" "No, you suck!" "But I said you suck first!". Also loving the characters in the game so far. And it's incredibly beautiful on next-gen consoles.
#323855 by Retribution
Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:24 am
I have also been playing some old school RPG's lately. The last one that I finished was Planescape : Torment. I'm planning of going through Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross or some Zelda games again whenever I have the time.
#323857 by Cosmic Sea
Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:44 pm
Planetscape Torment is one game I've had on my games-to-experience list, but haven't yet for some reason. Gotta pick that one up on GOG some day.
Chrono Trigger's absolutely brialliant! One of my all-time favorites.
#323860 by swervedriver
Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:37 am
I'm going for 100% completion in Just Cause 2.

...I hope they allow Xbox's in the psychiatric ward, holy fuck this game is big.
#323869 by Retribution
Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:35 am
Cosmic Sea wrote:Planetscape Torment is one game I've had on my games-to-experience list, but haven't yet for some reason. Gotta pick that one up on GOG some day.
Chrono Trigger's absolutely brialliant! One of my all-time favorites.

I like the vibe in games from that era.
Planescape was interesting. It's very storybased with a lot of reading. But it pays off to take your time in the world since it adapts well to what you say and do. I haven't seen many other games react that naturally to your choices actually. And the writing itself was above practically any other game that I've seen.

If you pick it up, check out the mod guide on their forums. It fixes a lot of bugs, adds removed content and lets you play in higher resolutions. Also, when creating your character, add some points to Wisdom. It's quite important in the game.
#323885 by EphelDuath666
Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:25 pm
I'm done with Dragon Age Inquistion and had a very, very fun time with it. Killed all the dragons in the game...yeah, I'm a bastard...and spent many, many hours exploring all the beautiful locations. Definitely one of the highlights of 2014 for me...which I played in 2015, heh. So in a week The Order 18something will be released. Looks awesome but it will be interesting to see whether there's more than graphics to the game or not.

Started playing Tomb Raider on PS4. Very beautiful visually but gameplaywise it's also been a lot of fun so far. So that should be fun to play through too.
#323894 by Hiddos
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:03 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:Started playing Tomb Raider on PS4. Very beautiful visually but gameplaywise it's also been a lot of fun so far. So that should be fun to play through too.

I've been thinking about getting Tomb Raider for PS4 as well, but having never seriously played any Tomb Raider games (even though this is a reboot), I'm not sure whether I'll like it, so I'm quite unsure. The only thing I've ever done was lock the butler in the fridge when I was really really young. :)

In other news... I've recently completed The Last of Us on PS4. I don't even know what to say. Holy shit.
#323902 by EphelDuath666
Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:08 am
Hiddos wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:Started playing Tomb Raider on PS4. Very beautiful visually but gameplaywise it's also been a lot of fun so far. So that should be fun to play through too.

I've been thinking about getting Tomb Raider for PS4 as well, but having never seriously played any Tomb Raider games (even though this is a reboot), I'm not sure whether I'll like it, so I'm quite unsure. The only thing I've ever done was lock the butler in the fridge when I was really really young. :)

In other news... I've recently completed The Last of Us on PS4. I don't even know what to say. Holy shit.

well, it's a reboot so it's really not a whole lot like the old games. It's kinda like Uncharted meets Splinter Cell with lots of violence. Maybe there's a tiny bit of The Last of Us in there too, dunno. I really enjoyed it, I'm just not sure if I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the original Tomb Raider game(s).

Played through the first season of The Walking Dead on PS4 so I can finally play season 2. Which I started yesterday and the first episode was really, really good so far.
#323910 by Tyroshai
Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:09 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Hiddos wrote:

well, it's a reboot so it's really not a whole lot like the old games. It's kinda like Uncharted meets Splinter Cell with lots of violence. Maybe there's a tiny bit of The Last of Us in there too, dunno. I really enjoyed it, I'm just not sure if I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the original Tomb Raider game(s).

Played through the first season of The Walking Dead on PS4 so I can finally play season 2. Which I started yesterday and the first episode was really, really good so far.

But if you can't lock the butler in the freezer, what's the point? :wink:
#323919 by EphelDuath666
Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:21 am
Tyroshai wrote:But if you can't lock the butler in the freezer, what's the point? :wink:

hehe, I know, right? :lol: I got the PS3 HD remaster of the first Tomb Raider game and have not played it yet so I might just have to do that soon.

I bought Dyling Light for my PS4 and it's pretty cool so far. Yes, it is a lot like Dead Island which is to be expected since it's from the makers of Dead Island, heh. But it adds some cool new features. You can climb up buildings, large vehicles and other things now, sorta like in Assassin's Creed or Uncharted which works surprisingly well in first person view. And at night there's stronger, almost invincible infected creatures which makes the whole experience at night A LOT more intense. The story may not be great in this one either (hard to tell so far) but at least I think I can already say that it's way better than in Dead Island and the characters are certainly more interesting too. I mean, not necessarily ACTUALLY interesting...just MORE interesting, heh.
#323929 by Octillus
Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:23 pm
Suikoden 2 was perfect - now I'm on to Mother 3 on my DS Lite.

What a great game and a great series.
#324038 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:25 am
Who needs Dawn of Justice when we have this?

[youtube]VpXUIh7rlWI[/youtube]

I've said it before, when I upgrade to next gen, this is the game that's top of my list.
#324060 by EphelDuath666
Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:13 pm
Bloodborne kicks ass...literally. Just like Demon Souls and Dark Souls. I honestly have no idea why I keep spending money on these games when I don't get very far anyways :lol: But now I'll try to at least get through Dark Souls and/or Bloodborne....I mean, there's gotta be a way to beat these gosh darn games!