Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#115152 by Biert
Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:35 pm
Anyone here play video games?
I'm not really a die hard gamer, but I'm really enjoying GTA San Andreas at the moment. But I figured there might be gamers around here, maybe with some good suggestions for good games?

Actually I mainly wanted to vent this:
One of the best games I've ever played was the RPG The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.
Well there is a fourth Elder Scrolls about to be released: Oblivion (March 20). And it's stunning. I downloaded a bunch of videos from the website (http://www.theelderscrolls.com) and I haven't stopped drooling ever since. It's simply unbelievable what they have achieved with this game.
Graphically, it's very close to photo realistic. Interesting fact: 9000 textures were created for this game. Everything else is there: realistic physics, light and shadow effects, the whole lot. Morrowind looks good, this is way way better.
Something else: 50 hours of speech were recorded and lip-synched, for the conversations in the game.
The virtual world contains several square miles, with 9 major cities and plenty of smaller villages, and 200 dungeons.

The most amazing part is the AI. The engine used is incredible. Noting is scripted. Characters have a goal in the game, and they will figure out themselves how to achieve it.

I'd say, go to that website, download the E3 2005 videos and keep your tissues standby.

Oh yes, for XBox 360 and PC.

#115155 by fragility
Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:39 pm
I'm not a big fan of most modern games...

My favourite games are:

Final fantasy vii/viii
Micro Machines
Oddworld - Abes Oddysee
Bomberman
Tetris
Tony Hawks Series
Older NHL/NHLPA games
Half Life/CS

I did really enjoy halo though as me and my bf used to play it a lot on co-op mode

#115161 by psychotic
Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:11 pm
I'm not the biggest gamer, but there are clearly games, past and present, that I have gotten addicted to:

Any of the first 3 Mega Man games
Anything from the Zelda series
Anything from the Metroid series
Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Any sports game, especially more modern basketball games and Mario sports games
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Warrior Within
Super Smash Bros. (both for 64 and GC)
Any of the Mario Kart games

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's going to be plenty more that I'll comment on throughout the thread.

#115173 by Atari
Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:46 pm
Where do ya think my nick came from?

currently playing the shit out of Burnout Revenge, Diablo II Expansion and San Andreas (strategically placing satchel charges on a vehicle to make it spin and collide into rival gang members is fun).

Tony Hawks American Wasteland sucked. So does Marc Ecko's Getting Up.

Nowhere near enough Mac games though.....

#115179 by Edzecrüshaer
Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:07 pm
My favourite series are the Shenmue games. You should check it out. Either you'll be obsessed by it or you will hate it. That's what i've heard. I love the games.. too bad they only were released for the Sega Dreamcast. Anyways, Shenmue 2 was released for xbox too a couple of years after. It comes with a movie dvd of the first game.
..Making commercial here.. :lol:
The Zelda games are great too!

#115190 by Falk
Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:40 pm
Yeah, Shenmue is great, to bad it didn't had that much success. It was a total flop in Japan... Then everyone praises the Final Fantasy Retarded Children movie... Sad world...
I wish we could now the end... I've really lost interest in games but this would be one I'd buy on whatever console it's be on... And if not a game, they should make something else, an anime would be great, or a manga, or even a book, but something FFS... T_T

Games I've played recently :
NHL 2006 for about 5 minutes, Dawn Of War, though I'm more modding than playing, and Quake3 still beats the hell out of every other Quake-like I'v tried, map 17 is so intense, the Strapping of video game.

#115202 by IronMaiden736
Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:14 pm
currently I've been playing Kingdom Hearts....its fucking addicting

#115210 by djskrimp
Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:39 pm
I do consider myself a gamer, though my 12 year old son kills me in just about every game except adventure and RPG games. (Little shit) Anyway, it's always been and will always be the Legend of Zelda games for me...

#115213 by Wiseblud
Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:00 pm
I play the old school video games through emulators on my PC. Ancient alien gods bless the souls who have programmed these gifts from the Absu.

Just signed my soul to Yog Sothoth in order to sign up for Dungeons and Dragons online. All I have to do now is apologize to my wife for the time we will be apart. I have a dwarf named Derfin Barrelbody, he has an axe named "Winky" and a horrible scottish brogue.

"Acgh! Bastard, You shall feel me Winky"

*now hangs head in shame :cry:

#115217 by mo
Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:34 pm
nintendo can't go wrong imo
also love half life, dave mirra 2, FF series, Shadowman, Championship Manager/Football Manager, NHL hitz series, Ultima 4, ummmmmmmm, yeah, I'll get back with more.

Atari (not the mod, the company) are theives.

#115238 by ALieN
Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:43 pm
I used to play Half-Life/CS/TFC on the computer, and Quake before that a lot. Used to be a hardcore gamer, now I don't play anything anymore.

#115254 by funny_little_guy
Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:26 am
Coma Divine wrote:Image
Where did you get that anyway?

#115287 by Biert
Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:42 am
No-one else excited about Oblivion? You guys disappoint me, it's going to be the best game of the next 10 years!