Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#323617 by Kleo
Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:34 am
Like. o said, the cat is nicer to look at. GtaV will look crap inside of a few years.
#323625 by EphelDuath666
Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:12 pm
one electronics store here has a 'buy 3, pay for 2' deal coming up here soon. I think I'll pick up Far Cry 4 and 2 other games. Not sure which other 2 games I might get though! Maybe Dragon Age Inquisition for my PS4 and Sunset Overdrive for my Xbox One....but not entire sure yet.

Also still playing GTA5 and still loving it. Came down with a cold so I spent lots of time playing that game in bed, heh. I'm actually at 96% now. Only some (or lots) more stunt jumps to do and a bunch of knife flights.
#323626 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:02 am
My game suffered that annoying glitch where I can't generate any more Epsilon missions after the car-heist mission. While I've read it doesn't actually count towards 100% it still pisses me off because I lose out on the trophy that goes with it.
#323630 by EphelDuath666
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:10 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:My game suffered that annoying glitch where I can't generate any more Epsilon missions after the car-heist mission. While I've read it doesn't actually count towards 100% it still pisses me off because I lose out on the trophy that goes with it.

that does suck. Worked fine for me on PS4, maybe they got that glitch taken care of. Only had one glitch where the game crashed on me when a great white shark hit my submarine. The game must have gone like 'wtf was that??' and died, hehe. But other than that not a single glitch. And I've been playing the game for 100 hours now. Wonder if replaying the car-heist mission would solve the problem? You can replay all the 'Strangers & Freaks' missions. Dunno if that may be a possible solution.
#323631 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:36 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:My game suffered that annoying glitch where I can't generate any more Epsilon missions after the car-heist mission. While I've read it doesn't actually count towards 100% it still pisses me off because I lose out on the trophy that goes with it.

that does suck. Worked fine for me on PS4, maybe they got that glitch taken care of. Only had one glitch where the game crashed on me when a great white shark hit my submarine. The game must have gone like 'wtf was that??' and died, hehe. But other than that not a single glitch. And I've been playing the game for 100 hours now. Wonder if replaying the car-heist mission would solve the problem? You can replay all the 'Strangers & Freaks' missions. Dunno if that may be a possible solution.

The shark attacking the submarine, especially around sunken wreckage, always reminds me of that cheesy sequence in Jaws 4, and is actually scarier in gameplay than the movie. Unfortunately it won't allow me to replay the car heist mission in the Strangers and Freaks section. Maybe I'll just have to restart it. Oh well.
#323633 by EphelDuath666
Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:17 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:
EphelDuath666 wrote:

The shark attacking the submarine, especially around sunken wreckage, always reminds me of that cheesy sequence in Jaws 4, and is actually scarier in gameplay than the movie. Unfortunately it won't allow me to replay the car heist mission in the Strangers and Freaks section. Maybe I'll just have to restart it. Oh well.

I always create a new save slot once in a while in case stuff like that happens. I learned that the hard way. Had to restart games too often because of nasty glitches. And that way I can reload an older save game instead of replaying the entire thing again.
#323728 by EphelDuath666
Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:21 pm
sooo...got 100% completion in GTA5 and 100% completion in Far Cry 4. GTA5 was super fun and I had to force myself to play something else. Far Cry 4 alas did not have the same effect on me....very repetitive and same'y locations. After a while you just feel like you've seen everything and the missions are mostly quite similar too. But it was a good game anyways. Just too bad there's no real reward for 100% completion...not even a trophy.

anyways, I think I'll now play the Dragon Age trilogy, that should be fun!
#323730 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:50 am
Just revisited Beyond: Two Souls to get the all endings trophy. Also chose a few options I previously neglected, just to see what they were like. Had fun doing so and loved the fact the game still holds up. It will be interesting to see what Quantic Dream release on PS4, at the very least for the aesthetics.
#323733 by Victimlas
Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:24 pm
I am playing AC Black Flag now. Looks superb on the PS4! Light years ahead compared to AC2 on the PS3. Lots of fun though the AI is a little suspect at times... kill everyone in plain sight and just hide in a bush right in front of the guards and they forget all about you ;) Can't complain though it's a ton of fun
#323768 by Cosmic Sea
Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:42 pm
After picking up STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl after quite a while, I finally finished it yesterday. Now I really understand why Clear Sky was criticized for it's two final sections being done in a hurry and reduced to a more run-of-the-mill FPS style linearity as opposed to the rest of the game.

So, with SOC finished, I reinstalled Call of Pripyat with the intention of finally finishing that as well. After slowly getting fed up with the mirrored, inaccurate weapon models in SOC, I decided to go find some weapon replacement pack and settled on this. Awesome models, great textures (and I chose the "half size" versions because of my laptop), but the sounds provided are simply dreadful. Pretty much every gun sound follows this seemingly fashionable Call of Duty style of gun sounds: weak, muffled, and ball-less. Just like this AK example from Crysis. I find it unbelievable how none of the reviews of that gun pack mod mentions the shitty sound effects. I think there's something seriously wrong when a pistol firing sound has more ooomph than an unsilenced Dragunov... :lol:
The good thing is that the mod has all of its sounds in neatly organized folders, one for each weapon, making replacement easy, something which I'll do ASAP. I'll probably just use the sounds from this kick ass sound pack I use in Shadow of Chernobyl.

Goes I'm more of a sound-oriented guy when it comes to gaming. I'll gladly put up with models and textures as long as the sound effects are good. :vin: Anyone else like this as well?
#323803 by EphelDuath666
Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:48 pm
played through Dragon Age Origins and loved every moment of it. THAT was a really great game indeed, of course technically outdated by today's standards but that did not matter, was a great experience anyways. Started to play Dragon Age 2 and that one on the other hand might look way better but boy is it repetitive and sooooo much less epic. Soooo much environment recycling in this game, it's ridiculous. Oh well, but Inquisition will be next and that one should be pretty amazing. First gotta yawn my way through Dragon Age 2 though....
#323809 by Victimlas
Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:56 am
Ooh.. good to know on Dragon Age 2. My hubby was a huge fan of the first and was thinking of picking up 2.

I am still playing Black Flag and just added Infamous Second Son into the mix. Really fun game!
#323810 by JuZ
Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:52 pm
Yeah I too was a huge fan of the first game but heard repeatedly that DA2 was pretty ordinary so I didn't give it a try.
#323812 by EphelDuath666
Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:58 pm
well, the problem with DA2 is that it almost feels like a spin-off. I mean, characters and dialogue are really, really great. Everything is presented nicely but that really ain't worth much when the game fails in pretty much all other aspects. I mean there's ONE city that you basically spend most of your time in...no other cities, just that one. And although you can visit other locations like caves, coasts, etc there are only about 5 or 6 different ones. And they consantly get recycled. If you think they overdid that in ME1 then DA2 will redefine the term 'environment recycling' for you.
I'm already really tired of seeing everything over and over again. It gets tedious real quick up to the point where the game shits enemies at you like crazy which are harder and harder to kill, just so the game feels a little longer. *sigh* There's just nothing that feels epic about this game. It's like you're stuck in a city (a somewhat big one, I'll give it that) and you're just killing some time while you're there :lol:
#323824 by Chris87
Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:15 pm
Despite that, I still enjoyed that game very much and I'm really not sure if I prefer Inquisition over that one. Yeah, the recycling sucks and yeah, it doesn't feel as big and epic. But it still was a very entertaining journey for me due to the still good dialogues. In Inquisition, most of your play time consists of boring sidequests that could be from every MMORPG. The actual story on the other hand is like 10 hours long and could have been written by a 5 year old boy in a bathroom session. The game still has its moments, mostly connected to your companions, but I never felt as immersed as I felt in the previous games. It's a shame though, with a different focus the game could have become their masterpiece. There were so many moments were I first thought "Wow, this is so good" and a few seconds later it was all over without building on top of the potential. Instead, they just used all the extra time for quantity of things noone cares about...