Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#324112 by EphelDuath666
Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:20 am
got quite a few bosses taken care of in Bloodborne so far. But damn is this game hard. At least to me. Maybe it's easier than the Souls games but to me it sure ain't, heh. And it gets harder and harder it seems. But it's pretty great actually. I guess there's videos online where people beat the game in 40 minutes or so. I have NO clue how they are doing that. I'm sure I've put almost 30 hours into the game already. So I might just suck! :lol:
#324116 by JuZ
Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:35 am
Dark Souls almost made me cry.

So beautiful and so eager to show me how much I suck. So I feel your pain!
#324126 by EphelDuath666
Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:48 pm
JuZ wrote:Dark Souls almost made me cry.

So beautiful and so eager to show me how much I suck. So I feel your pain!

great way to put it! :D And I don't even know how far into the game I am! There's no map, no statistics, no nothing! :lol: Except death...plenty of death!
#324128 by Octillus
Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:33 pm
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. The best platformer I've played in a while and it was free for me!
#324131 by swervedriver
Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:01 am
Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Pretty boring so...I like it? What? This does not make sense. Despite its monotony, it's a very easy timesink. Just one more delivery so I can buy another truck and hire another driver, just one more delivery so I can upgrade my garage, just one more delivery so I can pay off all the speeding tickets and collision damages...

Also, first game I've played in a good while that doesn't feature rocket launchers or something similar. Unless truck armaments are suddenly unlocked as I'm leveling up, but that's probably too much excitement for this game.
#324138 by EphelDuath666
Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:54 pm
picked up Mortal Kombat X today and tried it right away and it's FUN FUN FUN. Looks pretty damn sweet too! And the fatalities are awesome! I'm gonna have to put it aside for a while now untill I finished Bloodborne or I'm kinda start sucking big time at that game again! :lol:
#324190 by Tyroshai
Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:02 pm
swervedriver wrote:Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Pretty boring so...I like it? What? This does not make sense. Despite its monotony, it's a very easy timesink. Just one more delivery so I can buy another truck and hire another driver, just one more delivery so I can upgrade my garage, just one more delivery so I can pay off all the speeding tickets and collision damages...

Also, first game I've played in a good while that doesn't feature rocket launchers or something similar. Unless truck armaments are suddenly unlocked as I'm leveling up, but that's probably too much excitement for this game.

I'm totally biased but I love that game too.

Swervedriver wrote: Just one more delivery so I can buy another truck and hire another driver, just one more delivery so I can upgrade my garage, just one more delivery so I can pay off all the speeding tickets and collision damages...

This is haulage/transport in a nutshell. Accurate representation of the 28yrs of my life trying to keep both my employers company and my father's trucking business in some form of reasonable financial standing and repute. :P
#324251 by Victimlas
Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:19 am
I am still playing AC: Black Flag, which has turned into a chore now :? I guess the whole boat thing got old for me fast, plus one can only explore so many islands that look exactly the same. I miss the story-driven aspects of the previous games. Having said that AC: Chronicles looks intriguing.

Last weekend I played The Wolf Among Us. If you are a Telltale fan, this is a must! Awesome game!!! I never read the comics and thoroughly enjoyed it. Same vein as Walking Dead, but it's not emotionally devastating like TWD.

Also got Far Cry 4 but haven't started it yet.
#324254 by EphelDuath666
Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:15 am
Victimlas wrote:I am still playing AC: Black Flag, which has turned into a chore now :? I guess the whole boat thing got old for me fast, plus one can only explore so many islands that look exactly the same. I miss the story-driven aspects of the previous games. Having said that AC: Chronicles looks intriguing.

Last weekend I played The Wolf Among Us. If you are a Telltale fan, this is a must! Awesome game!!! I never read the comics and thoroughly enjoyed it. Same vein as Walking Dead, but it's not emotionally devastating like TWD.

Also got Far Cry 4 but haven't started it yet.

hmm, well I hope Far Cry 4 won't get old for you as quick as it did for me. It felt like I was doing the same thing over and over again. However, there are some rather sweet side missions in the game that at least partly make up for it! I do need to play The Wolf Among Us though. LOVED the The Walking Dead games by Telltale so I should enjoy this one too. Not quite sure why they felt the need to make a Borderlands game however, heh.

I just finished Bloodborne....darn, that game was WORK! So hard and painful but so friggin' awesome! One of the best and at the same time most stressful gaming experiences I've ever had. I probably defeated about 30 bosses in this game and that wasn't even all of them, there's still a bunch in the optional dungeons that I may do sooner or later during my second playthrough. Fortunately the game offers 'New Game+' which keeps track of your dungeon progress. So yeah....if you're looking for a game that is super awesome and super challenging then play Bloodborne.
#324273 by Victimlas
Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:40 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:hmm, well I hope Far Cry 4 won't get old for you as quick as it did for me. It felt like I was doing the same thing over and over again. However, there are some rather sweet side missions in the game that at least partly make up for it! I do need to play The Wolf Among Us though. LOVED the The Walking Dead games by Telltale so I should enjoy this one too. Not quite sure why they felt the need to make a Borderlands game however, heh.

I just finished Bloodborne....darn, that game was WORK! So hard and painful but so friggin' awesome! One of the best and at the same time most stressful gaming experiences I've ever had. I probably defeated about 30 bosses in this game and that wasn't even all of them, there's still a bunch in the optional dungeons that I may do sooner or later during my second playthrough. Fortunately the game offers 'New Game+' which keeps track of your dungeon progress. So yeah....if you're looking for a game that is super awesome and super challenging then play Bloodborne.

I'll have to check out Bloodborne! :)

I think you'll enjoy Wolf- of course it's very short but I enjoyed the story.
#324275 by EphelDuath666
Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:16 am
Victimlas wrote:I'll have to check out Bloodborne! :)

you really should. It takes you back to your early days when you (might have) played games like Mega Man or Castlevania where every mistake means punishment and nerd rage, heh. :D I wanted to throw my PS4 controller at my TV so many times! :lol:

Currently playing lots of Mortal Kombat X. It's a whole lot of fun and hilariously gruesome. And it looks real neat too, although of course possibly not as good as it could have looked if Netherrealm Studios had decided to develop the game for next-gen consoles exclusively. But still a very slick looking game. But the krypt.....god, that's gonna be an awful lot of work. So many tombs to open and goodies to unlock but it takes forever to get the necessary coins (or koins as they are called in this game :lol: )

The only thing that kinda annoys me is that the challenge towers require you to play the game online now. I mean, in Mortal Kombat 9 they were soooo much fun and you did not have to be online to play them. And I don't feel like getting a PS+ subscription just to play the challenge towers in MKX...meh.
Oh and micro transactions....fuck those. You can unlock everything in the krypt all at once but it costs you 20 bucks. I mean, WTF? And the season pass for this game costs 30 bucks and includes 4 DLC fighters and some costumes. I mean, seriously? 30 bucks for that? Wow....

Of course it's optional. But considering that these bonus fighters are apparently already on the disc and you have to pay an extra 30 bucks to unlock them makes the whole thing even more ridiculous. So being able to play the ENTIRE game actually costs you 100 bucks in total. :roll:
#324276 by swervedriver
Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:35 pm
^ Seriously? Then I'm boycotting it for that reason alone.

Meanwhile I'm back in Skyrim, no sneaky mage like my first playthrough but now brutally warhammering dragons. :mrgreen:
#324277 by debs
Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:46 am
theme hospital i am rocking that old game
#324280 by EphelDuath666
Sat May 02, 2015 3:41 pm
so turns out you don't need a ps+/xbox live gold membership to play the living towers and tower challenges. So that's at least something. You need it to play against actual people online but that is a given these days I guess. However, I guess you need to download an app and use it to unlock some of the skins for characters. Which is great since I do not own a smartphone and would like to stay away from them for as long as I can, seeing how all that my friends do these days is stare at their smartphones, even at parties (no shit, I was visiting a friend a few days ago and we watched a movie together...well, I did. He stared at his smartphone and facebook page and didn't even notice when I tried to have a conversation with him.)

So yeah, guess I won't be getting those skins. Not that they are very important but it's just very unnecessary to include such a silly requirement to be able to unlock something that is on the disc that I paid for. I guess Ubisoft pulled a similar stunt with Assassin's Creed Unity where you needed to download an app to be able to open certain chests. Remember the days when you bought a game and you got what you paid for? No on-disc DLC, no app requirements, no BS, just games.
#324281 by debs
Sun May 03, 2015 3:10 am
Nintedo and they want of my money serioly Project S.T.E.A.M Kirby game Splatoon cries