Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct

#138595 by THE_NEW_PLAGUE
Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:56 pm
Office Space rocks!

Bringing Up Baby (Howard Hawks, 1938)
Old screwball comedies are great!

#138656 by Blazingmonga
Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:20 am
Went to see "The last king of Scotland" last night and I was very impressed by it. Forest Whitaker was really excellent in this role. Some quite gruesome moments though. Damn near gave me nightmares!

#138657 by ASHORIZZOR
Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:38 am
Blazingmonga wrote:Went to see "The last king of Scotland" last night and I was very impressed by it. Forest Whitaker was really excellent in this role. Some quite gruesome moments though. Damn near gave me nightmares!

Forest got an "Globe" for that! He was really on tears when he recieved it. He seem to be a very nice and bottomlike actor! :D :!:

#138660 by Josiah Tobin
Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:45 am
ASHORIZZOR wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:Went to see "The last king of Scotland" last night and I was very impressed by it. Forest Whitaker was really excellent in this role. Some quite gruesome moments though. Damn near gave me nightmares!

Forest got an "Globe" for that! He was really on tears when he recieved it. He seem to be a very nice and bottomlike actor! :D :!:

"Bottomlike?" :shock:

#138661 by ASHORIZZOR
Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:56 am
Josiah Tobin wrote:
ASHORIZZOR wrote:

"Bottomlike?" :shock:

I meant something like: "Dow-to-earth"! Sorry. :oops: :D

#138673 by gozu
Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:53 am
apocalypto say what you like about mel this was an awesome film! Jaguar to the face!

also going to see rocky balboa tonight WOO!

#138681 by JuZ
Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:14 am
ASHORIZZOR wrote:

Mr Whitaker is one of my favourite actors, due mainly to the fact that he was Ghost Dog. Go rent it everyone, it's great.

#138696 by Blazingmonga
Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:09 am
JuZ wrote:Mr Whitaker is one of my favourite actors, due mainly to the fact that he was Ghost Dog. Go rent it everyone, it's great.

Thanks for the tip, I just rememered that I really wanted to see that. I just added it to my rental list...cheers!

#138741 by JuZ
Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:16 pm
No worries! You'll love it, I guar-an-tee!

#138747 by Atari
Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:47 pm
The Pursuit of Happyness. It has the rare honour of being one of few moves that made me cry.

Off to see Rocky Balboa on Tuesday

#138748 by djskrimp
Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:41 am
Atari wrote:The Pursuit of Happyness. It has the rare honour of being one of few moves that made me cry.

That, and the Borat movie, right? (Just kidding, not trying to belittle your emotions.)

#138750 by Chris
Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:16 am
djskrimp wrote:
Atari wrote:The Pursuit of Happyness. It has the rare honour of being one of few moves that made me cry.

That, and the Borat movie, right? (Just kidding, not trying to belittle your emotions.)

I was just thinking of throwing in another movie because of the "it made me cry" comment, but then I read your post and... Yes, I think it would be hard to come up with something that fits even less than Borat in this connection :lol:

#138751 by djskrimp
Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:23 am
Movies that made me cry:

The Champ
Old Yeller
The Truman Show

#138752 by Chris
Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:02 am
Sounds like a good idea for a new thread, Stoney :wink:

Hm... One movie that at least came close to putting a tiny tear into my eye was ET - although I think I should add that I was about seven or eight years old.

And although it didn't make me cry, the ending of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest definitely managed to catch me on a very emotional level.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are/ were more movies which are worth being mentioned in this context.

#138753 by JuZ
Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:21 am
Movies that blew some dust in my eye:

Gallipoli (fucking heart-breaking)
ET
The Shawshank Redemption
Dead Poets Society
Glory
35 Up

Oh and The Pursuit of Happyness is very good. Will Smith remembered he could act!