Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct

#138765 by gozu
Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:51 am
homeward bound

#138791 by Goat
Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:37 am
I've read that Gibson is again full of shit with Apocalypto as far as facts go.

#138891 by fragility
Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:49 am
I watched Jarhead last night..I didn't really want to see it, but it wasn't bad..a slightly different war movie and I thought it was all pretty well done.

#138902 by gozu
Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:58 am
Goat wrote:I've read that Gibson is again full of shit with Apocalypto as far as facts go.

i dunno really, but thats like saying true lies is full of shit facts wise. its not a historical its just really awesome

#138906 by FUBAR
Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:52 pm
I just saw '3 Extremes'. Which is like 3 short horror films driected by such Asian directors as Takashi Miike and urm the old boy director.

Now im kind of a horror buff soo i wasnt expecting to be too scared but maaaaaaan. These films are soooo dark and soooo creepy. Probably the best anathology horror film ever. Every one of the films blew my mind! check it out!

http://www.threeextremes.com

#138910 by JayjayAbnormal
Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:05 pm
Space Jam.

I loved that movie as a kid :P

#138913 by Deth Warmdover
Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:34 pm
I want to see Three Extremes!!
Saw an old school kung Fu movie the other night made in communest China circa 71' 72' called 'Undaunted Wudang'. If you like kung fu movies this is a must! !Featuring real Wudang (not another Shaolin flik) kung fu of a just rediculous level of skill. Filmed deep behind the bamboo curtain at Wudang mountain some of the most beautifull scenery captured in commrade spirite. Did I mention the kung fu? Not only is it high test, the contact is just brutal, like Ong Bak, but like 35 years ago. Lot's of killer not too much filler, this movie was intended to reaquainte China's own people to kung fu which had been illigal to practice since the cultural revolution of 44'.

#138919 by gozu
Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:05 pm
just watched GOZU by takeshi miike again... if you'll notice i'm quite fond of this film. just THE most fucked up film in exsistance i recommend it to all.

#138922 by Intoc
Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:20 pm
Pan's Labyrinth

Summary: Awesome.

Guillermo del Toro is a magnificent writer/director. I don't really want to go into a lengthy description of the movie, so I'll just let you check it out.

#138929 by Atari
Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:32 pm
Intoc wrote:Pan's Labyrinth

Summary: Awesome.

Guillermo del Toro is a magnificent writer/director. I don't really want to go into a lengthy description of the movie, so I'll just let you check it out.

Someone gushed about that film to me the other day.

#138930 by THE_NEW_PLAGUE
Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:34 pm
Just seen 3 Extremes. The first two shorts did nothing for me really....but Miike`s short was fantastic.

#138971 by FUBAR
Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:49 am
gozu wrote:just watched GOZU by takeshi miike again... if you'll notice i'm quite fond of this film. just THE most fucked up film in exsistance i recommend it to all.

Think Ive spoken to you about this film before. Do you actual get it? Not sure I do. But my take on it is that the whole thing is a joke as in Miike playing a joke on us. Kinda makes sense if you look at it that way!

#139122 by THE_NEW_PLAGUE
Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:29 am
Hiroshima Mon Amour (Alain Resnais, 1959)
One of the most gorgeous films I have ever seen. A film to watch many times over!

#139249 by andjustinforall
Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:58 am
Just watched an Inconvenient Truth. Didnt really tell me anything I didnt know but was good to brush up on how fucked we are if we keep on the rate we're at.

#139250 by gozu
Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:21 am
FUBAR wrote:
gozu wrote:just watched GOZU by takeshi miike again... if you'll notice i'm quite fond of this film. just THE most fucked up film in exsistance i recommend it to all.

Think Ive spoken to you about this film before. Do you actual get it? Not sure I do. But my take on it is that the whole thing is a joke as in Miike playing a joke on us. Kinda makes sense if you look at it that way!

i have no idea whats going on but i like your idea! my theaory is long winded and quite confusing and makes about as much sense as the actual film