Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#154652 by JuZ
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:08 pm
:twisted:

Just found these guys this morning... Saturday morning music videos be praised. Not sure what to make of them yet to be honest, but they sound (and look) like the sons of AC/DC got together and made an album. And they're from Melbourne too! About as rock 'n' roll a town as there is.

Think The Darkness with large, hairy testicles.

Anyway, some people are going to hate this band, and fair enough I guess. But it seems like good fun. Absolutely nothing original about them, but that's not really the idea, I think, haha. Will have to check them out live. :twisted:

http://www.airbournerock.com/

http://www.myspace.com/airbournerock

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3NTKgp3Ygs[/youtube]

(sorry if this looks like an ad or something... it's not. I'm just avoiding the housework.)

#154655 by Josiah Tobin
Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:50 pm
Haha, awesome! Cheesy as hell but awesome. (this could've gone in the music recommendations thread though)

#154665 by djskrimp
Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:47 am
Well-executed derivative rock. Sorely missing these days. Could have done without the shirtless thing, but he's rocking an Explorer...Kudos!

#154672 by JuZ
Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:38 pm
Josiah Tobin wrote:Haha, awesome! Cheesy as hell but awesome. (this could've gone in the music recommendations thread though)

This is true. Apologies! :oops:

A band to watch, I think, if for no other reason than they'll get more kids into rock n roll. I don't know why but a lot of Aussie bands seem desperate to return to the 70s and 80s, ala Wolfmother, Jet and so on.

Anyone know any good new Aussie bands that AREN'T doing the cheesy old school thing?

#154673 by JuZ
Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:43 pm
djskrimp wrote:Well-executed derivative rock. Sorely missing these days. Could have done without the shirtless thing, but he's rocking an Explorer...Kudos!

You're just jealous of his huge, muscular torso, are you not? :? :lol:

#154676 by djskrimp
Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:20 pm
JuZ wrote:
djskrimp wrote:Well-executed derivative rock. Sorely missing these days. Could have done without the shirtless thing, but he's rocking an Explorer...Kudos!

......yes? :shock:

#154682 by JuZ
Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:43 am
djskrimp wrote:
JuZ wrote:

......yes? :shock:

I'm cold and frightened. :help:

#154707 by andjustinforall
Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:30 pm
JuZ wrote:Anyone know any good new Aussie bands that AREN'T doing the cheesy old school thing?

Cog, Karnivool, Silverchair are the best three rock bands in Australia if ya ask me, and I reckon theyre damn good (Silverchair's rock quota could be questioned but). Wolfmother blow.

#154724 by Omninin the Ultra Quester
Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:37 am
ha, his face at 2:18 when he says Surcgical Precision!!

totally unoriginal but awsome fun. wonder what it would be liek if they had a slighlty heavier tone ? hmmmmmmmm

#154728 by myra
Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:37 am
Alchemist is pretty cool. I'm not sure if they have a myspace since I'm at work, but I would imagine you could find them in a search. I love their album Austral Alien.

#154734 by mo
Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:57 pm
yeah sorry, this band sux
whats with us aussies and ripping off other artists?

Silverchair - pearl jam and nirvana (and these days its just worse)
Jet - where do u start? Stones, Stooges, Beatles
Wolfmother - or as I like to call them, Poser Led Hendrix

Then again I just joined a very tool-esque band.

If you want good australian music then as mentioned, STARGAZER, unfuckingreal. Also Alarum, Vaticide, Throne of the Blood Ninja, Combover (local from melb, unreal).

#154748 by TallNerdGuy
Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:23 pm
But don't all artists borrow from other artists? And don't the greatest ones steal?

#154749 by Josiah Tobin
Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:27 pm
Yeah, I'd say a band doesn't necessarily have to be 100% original to be enjoyable. I tend to prefer original music or stuff I haven't heard before, but that's not the rule by any means.