Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct

Mathematics is the language of Nature...

23%
23%
11%
11%
9%
9%
3%
3%
4%
4%

#12848 by Sinkharmony
Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:25 am
All you have to do is look at Pi, the Golden Ration or a Mandelbrot fractal. Proof positive that chaos may be less random that we thought.
#12982 by Vesper
Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:18 am
MullHawk wrote:
Vesper wrote:(Mullhawk is a junkie, oh gods, we hate his forum-skills ;))

Who's we?

We Smeagol, my preciousssssssssss ;) :D

(of course you know we're just joking there ;))

#13000 by Apophis
Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:52 am
how is he a junkie?

yeah i had the overwhelming impression that he looked like his leprachaun avatar till i finally saw a picture of him, but still....

The Dev wrote:As a metatphor yeah, essentially just 0 and 1 will do it...the others just make it more convienient I think

either I'm not fully awake yet, or that made a lot of sense :)

*goes off to mentally visualise a world that revolves solely around binary*

#13051 by Sinkharmony
Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:36 am
Apophis wrote:how is he a junkie?

yeah i had the overwhelming impression that he looked like his leprachaun avatar till i finally saw a picture of him, but still....

I tend to think that everyone looks like their avatar. Which makes Regal Jenkinson a bit disturbing you know. Not to mention Geoff! :wink: I guess it's just the image that I'm familar with a particular poster.

#13077 by Vesper
Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:55 pm

Well, by writing zillions of posts everyday... hey, wait a minute... you do the same thing - you post-junkie!!! :D

ps. DeviantArt ppl have a term for people like that... it's not nice, so I won't quote it here ;)

*g* I wish I had the time to write and read as much as you do :D

#13102 by Krazee-Eyez Killa
Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:52 pm
Yes, and I just want to say pi the movie fucking rules! Darren Aronofsky is a genius!

#13105 by Vesper
Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:32 pm
Is he the one behind the new Batman???

Man, I'd love to see THAT :)

#13123 by Krazee-Eyez Killa
Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:24 am
No not anymore, sadly. That was gonna rule but now Christopher Nolan is on it. Aronofsky is gonna take back up The Fountain, a science fiction movie he was gonna do along time ago but didn't case Brad Pitts an ass.

#13142 by Apophis
Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:10 am
Vesper wrote:

Well, by writing zillions of posts everyday... hey, wait a minute... you do the same thing - you post-junkie!!! :D

ps. DeviantArt ppl have a term for people like that... it's not nice, so I won't quote it here ;)

*g* I wish I had the time to write and read as much as you do :D

you mean post-whore.

Calling either of us a junkie implies that neither of us can live without our daily fix of posting on this messageboard and no matter how much we post to get that next hit, it's never quite enough....

whereas calling us post-whores is more like well, we post a hell of a damn lot.

I only actually come on here normally once a day for about 15 minutes max y'know... the general discussion moves a lot quicker than people realise.

#13197 by fragility
Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:26 am
Sinkharmony wrote:Mandelbrot fractal.

'ooooh pretty' :D This is all too much for me,and some of the reasons why I quit maths after A level

#13244 by Sapphire
Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:14 pm
Mathematics? Talk to me about mathematics and I'll look like a dog that's been shown a card trick.

#13338 by Apophis
Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:15 am
I can only remember what Pythagoras is called on a good day, let alone what his 'theorem' is :thebrain:

#15431 by mistress2metal
Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:39 am
Sinkharmony wrote:

I tend to think that everyone looks like their avatar. Which makes Regal Jenkinson a bit disturbing you know. Not to mention Geoff! :wink: I guess it's just the image that I'm familar with a particular poster.

I look like a smurf? Jeeez, no wonder people look at me so strangely. I always thought it was the stupid crap that comes out of my mouth but apparently I was wrong, lol

#15616 by Sinkharmony
Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:50 am
mistress2metal wrote:
Sinkharmony wrote:

I look like a smurf? Jeeez, no wonder people look at me so strangely. I always thought it was the stupid crap that comes out of my mouth but apparently I was wrong, lol

You look like an absolutely wasted smurf. :smokeweed: