Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#326069 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:54 am
Revival!

One of my friends kindly invited me to a special Q&A preview for Pacific Rim: Uprising that featured John Boyega, Scott Eastwood and the director Stephen De Knight.
They were in Sydney but we in Melbourne and a cinema in Brisbane were connected by online link.
The Q&A was fun and informative and they showed about 25 minutes of footage, which I can confirm is awesome.
At the end of the night, John Boyega announced everyone who attended would get a free ticket to see the movie. It's presently in my wallet waiting to be used.
Not a bad way to spend a Wednesday night.
#326070 by EphelDuath666
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:16 pm
well....aren't you a lucky bastard? :) Glad to hear the movie looks good too. I was a little worried about that since I loved the first one and GDT didn't direct the new one.
#326091 by Bookwyrm83
Tue May 15, 2018 1:47 am
I'm going to my first comic convention next month; Supanova in Sydney. Both Richard Dreyfuss and Ian McDiarmid will be there. Hopefully I can meet at least one of them!
Haven't been to Sydney either, barring four or five stops at its airport for connecting flights.
Should be fun.
#326170 by Sarpale
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:55 am
Aww how have I missed the forums, and it has not even gone anywhere! How awesome!
(Wasn't able to reach my old account so made a new one)
#326190 by EphelDuath666
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:42 pm
Sarpale wrote:Aww how have I missed the forums, and it has not even gone anywhere! How awesome!
(Wasn't able to reach my old account so made a new one)

hmm, so you couldn't get in either? I see a pattern...wonder what was going on! But anyways...what was your old screen name? And welcome back!
#326194 by EphelDuath666
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:52 am
Got a free subcription for Amazon music which will last another month and I might actually keep it once the free subscription expires. I still will always prefer to buy physical media but this will allow me to check things out which I may have not given a chance otherwise. And then buy the CDs anyways. My wallet already hates me for it.
#326195 by fragility
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:29 am
I eventually caved to the digital music thing a couple of years ago after my iTunes laptop (and therefore music library) died and I just couldn’t be bothered to get it all back on again. Still buy the important albums, through. It is really convenient but I do miss the days of new albums being an event
#326199 by EphelDuath666
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:16 am
fragility wrote:I eventually caved to the digital music thing a couple of years ago after my iTunes laptop (and therefore music library) died and I just couldn’t be bothered to get it all back on again. Still buy the important albums, through. It is really convenient but I do miss the days of new albums being an event

I hear you. When my last PC died and I lost all the music on it I nearly :zombie:

But yeah, there's just still something great about receiving a new album on CD and listening to it for for the first time while checking out both booklet and artwork. It's all part of the magic to me.
#326201 by fragility
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:41 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:
fragility wrote:I eventually caved to the digital music thing a couple of years ago after my iTunes laptop (and therefore music library) died and I just couldn’t be bothered to get it all back on again. Still buy the important albums, through. It is really convenient but I do miss the days of new albums being an event

I hear you. When my last PC died and I lost all the music on it I nearly :zombie:

But yeah, there's just still something great about receiving a new album on CD and listening to it for for the first time while checking out both booklet and artwork. It's all part of the magic to me.

Yup, you are so right!
#326217 by Sarpale
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:48 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:But anyways...what was your old screen name? And welcome back!

Thanks! I was formerly known as sarai-chan.
That really was some years ago, wasn't it! :)
#326218 by EphelDuath666
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:03 pm
oh wow, I do remember you….and yes, that was a while ago. Well, again, welcome back! :)

I just checked. Almost 5 years ago! :!: :!: :!: