Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#324552 by Tyroshai
Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:28 am
A week in Santorini, October can't arrive fast enough! :D
#324556 by fragility
Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:58 pm
Mental Torment wrote:What are the albums you've bought lately?

Oooh, niiiiiice!

New 64GB USB stick for me to make backups of the backups of photos. Looks like we've got 15GB of 2014-2015 already
#324561 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:21 pm
Tickets to the following:
Behemoth w/ Watain
Devy w/ Periphery
Nile w/ Unearth
2x Alestorm (one for me, the other my sister's birthday present)

Oh, and handful of movies and CDs to deplete whatever shelf space I have left.
#324562 by vt1100
Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:29 pm
Symphony X - Underworld, great stuff once again.
#324576 by Cosmic Sea
Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:48 pm
Not that I needed any more audio gear, but damn is it pretty... :) (and cheap too!)
Little Bear P2-1, a cheapo chinese tube/solid state hybrid amp (tubes are supposed to act as filters to color the sound, with solid state amping stage). Ordered it with realistic expectations since it was quite cheap. I must say for the price of little over 23€ (plus the power adaptor, which I bought separately) it's not bad!
However, it needed some DIY before it was useable. Out of the box its gain was very high, with only my 600ohm vintage AKGs allowing a reasonable amount of volume adjustment range. With my low impedance headphones there was prominent background noise and the useable adjustment range on the pot was tiny, it went from inaudible to TOO LOUD with very little adjustment. Fortunately the seller was very helpful and adviced me to change two resistors on the circuit board to lower the gain (and mentioned if I need to buy more, he could do the gain customization on request. After replacing those parts it works well with my low impedance 'phones and the noise is gone. He also acknowledged my feedback on the reversed channels on the rear input RCAs for the next revision.

Initially, I was a little wary of the LEDs placed under the tube sockets to provide extra glow, since some other amps with similar configuration have used way too bright or plain silly colored LEDs, but on this one the effect is very tasteful, fitting well and not overpowering with the tubes' own glow.
#324605 by Cosmic Sea
Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:13 am
Finally found myself a decently-priced copy of Punky Brüster! :) I think that rounds out my collection of Devy Studio albums. I had been on the lookout for this one for a while now.
Btw, I'd grateful if someone could point out for me at what times to split the 20 minute 3-in-1 track "Picture Of Myself - The Girls Next Door - Larry's O" - it's one single long track on the disc, but listed as three separate ones on the cover. :?
#324606 by goncalobcunha
Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:27 pm
Nice find!

I think it goes something like this:

Picture Of Myself: 00:00 - 4:14
[no audio]: 4:14 - 6:16
Untitled: 6:16 - 6:43
[no audio]: 6:43 - 9:15
The Girls Next Door: 9:15 - 13:44
Larry O's: 13:44 - 19:52
#324610 by Cosmic Sea
Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:46 pm
Came across this on Ebay for cheap and just had to have it, even though I have the 2007 reissue already.
But hey, who could say no to a Japanese pressing compleete with the Obi strip, extra booklet in Japanese, and the old style cover with "Devin Townsend - Strapping Young Lad" instead of just SYL? :wink:
#324612 by JuZ
Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:21 pm
PS4!

OK not a purchase, it was a gift. But it's still lovely to have. Dipping my toes in to Witcher 3. Feel like it could swallow me whole!
#324617 by Cosmic Sea
Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:11 pm
Picked up the new Nile album right on release day. Listened to it twice now. Kicks ass! 8)
#324618 by EphelDuath666
Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:19 am
JuZ wrote:PS4!

OK not a purchase, it was a gift. But it's still lovely to have. Dipping my toes in to Witcher 3. Feel like it could swallow me whole!

yay, Justin....yay!!!!! :happy:

that's awesome. Hope you'll have as much fun with the Witcher as I had.

edit: oh, bought some stuff too....

picked up Until Dawn for PS4, which was a lot of fun so far. Pretty creepy. A little silly too of course because it's an interactive teen slasher movie but it's really cool. And Larry Fessenden was involved in the making and is part of the cast so that's cool too.

also pre-ordered Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain, which should be amazing Gonna pick it up on Monday
Pre-ordered Iron Maiden's The Book Of Souls...super stoked about it
and ordered a bunch of Batman graphic novels too