Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#325046 by swervedriver
Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:58 am
Oh my, that's so tragic. :( Very sorry for your loss.
#325074 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:29 pm
So I read this:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-safri ... SKCN0X1174

Why is this a debate?
Rather, why do people think poaching or maiming rhinos for their horns is a good idea in any capacity?
It isn't - the horn provides no medicinal benefit and events like this only highlight that people who actually believe that shit are psychotic imbeciles who are willing to annihilate an entire species just so they can feel better about themselves.

Fucking humans.
#325075 by fragility
Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:43 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:So I read this:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-safri ... SKCN0X1174

Why is this a debate?
Rather, why do people think poaching or maiming rhinos for their horns is a good idea in any capacity?
It isn't - the horn provides no medicinal benefit and events like this only highlight that people who actually believe that shit are psychotic imbeciles who are willing to annihilate an entire species just so they can feel better about themselves.

Fucking humans.

I can add nothing to this. Literally made me laugh because you are so spot on.
#325098 by Noa
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:47 pm
When my boss drove my home and yelled and argued with her sister while I was in the backseat for 20 minutes. Super awkward! Just wait until you get home.
#325136 by Bookwyrm83
Fri May 20, 2016 7:47 am
So, I coughed up blood and bile yesterday. Rather concerning for a non-smoker, so had to take the day off work to get an X-Ray and a blood test.
Gotta say, I still find it more horrific that I had to subject my arm to a needle but knew it was necessary. Should have results by Monday, hope it's nothing too serious.
#325137 by fragility
Fri May 20, 2016 11:50 am
Fingers crossed for you!

We recently found out that our little one is allergic to peanuts and at risk of anaphylaxis. We've got through the learning what to do in emergency bit and how to use the epipen etc, but really struggling how to figure out how we balance keeping her safe from life threatening reactions, without making her scared, or making food an issue etc. Lots of learning ahead of all of us!
#325138 by Bookwyrm83
Mon May 23, 2016 5:26 am
It still puzzles me that the peanut allergy is as pandemic as it is, especially since it was not such a common occurrence when I was growing up.

On a brighter note, got my tests back and my lungs are clear, I don't have any infections and as a bonus, confirmed not diabetic. I'm just fat. Going on a diet now and have to get another fucking blood test (UN-AWESOME) in three months to see if I've improved my cholesterol.
#325163 by swervedriver
Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:46 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:It still puzzles me that the peanut allergy is as pandemic as it is, especially since it was not such a common occurrence when I was growing up.

On a brighter note, got my tests back and my lungs are clear, I don't have any infections and as a bonus, confirmed not diabetic. I'm just fat. Going on a diet now and have to get another fucking blood test (UN-AWESOME) in three months to see if I've improved my cholesterol.

Congrats on just being fat! :lol:

Seriously dude, glad everything's alright. Any health issues are plain un-awesome.
#325188 by JuZ
Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:41 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:It still puzzles me that the peanut allergy is as pandemic as it is, especially since it was not such a common occurrence when I was growing up.

Hey mate, haven't spoken for a while but I'm rely glad your health is OK. :)
#325190 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:06 am
Thanks everyone. I am trying to follow my GP's dietary advice. Failing miserably, but trying.
#325194 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:19 am
2016. The year of death, division and paranoia on a global scale. More than usual, anyway.
#325196 by Tyroshai
Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:09 am
Saddened and pretty disgusted at the result. Hoping for the best for our own little international family when the true fallout from us eventually leaving the EU becomes apparent, as well as the future of my country. Deeply shocking stuff :/