Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#324472 by Lettuce
Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:55 am
Tried to put a bay window into the workshop and the garage. Killed the week old, baby car. RIP Škojira.

But it's fine, no one died and everything's insured. Got the whole lot tidied up and patched up the holes before lunch time BECAUSE I'M NOT A WHINY BITCH.
#324474 by Lettuce
Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:58 pm
Ah, what else are you gonna do? If we didn't get our shit together, stop crying, start clearing up within 20 minutes and try to laugh about it then it'd still be exactly how it was 12 hours ago. Workshop's just a cladding and dry-lining jobbie, the main structure is safe so I can sort that out with the dad in a couple of days, but might get builders in to redo the entire garage wall cause it's pretty janked. Just so, so gutted about the car though. Actual brand new 2015 reg car! Only been driven once and that was home from Cargiant :(
#324503 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:25 am
Thanks to various chaotic circumstances, I thought my flight back was for this Friday, but it turns out it was a few hours ago. Just had to pay an extra $535 to get a replacement on Monday, which means I won't be back at work til Thursday next week and I won't be paid for my time off thanks to this colossal goatfuck of a misunderstanding.

[youtube]qSAKHLbCUGk[/youtube]
#324507 by Lettuce
Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:33 pm
Turns out the car batch was recalled for faulty acceleration (and a number of other issues), but we did not know this because Cargiant don't check for recalls of potentially lethal issues before they flog a car. But they're a big company with a reputation they don't want sullying and I have consulted my insurer's legal department so we'll see how that all unfurls. Very lucky it went bad on my own ends though, I freelance at workshops and designers literally in the middle of nowhere up steep roads with vertical hills either side with no signal which is terrifying enough in a not-going-to-randomly-speed-the-fuck-up car.
#324619 by EphelDuath666
Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:26 am
Neo-Nazi assoles treating refugees like shit, that's really unawesome. Whenever you turn on the news and there's another case where some dimwitted Nazi fucks caused some kind of trouble for people who have already lost everything...you just want to PUKE. Fuck these idiots, really. And the idiots who quietly support that sort of behaviour and then say 'well, I'm no Nazi but blah blah.' If they're not Nazis then I'm Justin Bieber.
#324629 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:47 am
RIP Wes Craven.

His gems and influence will forever outweigh his mediocrities. Besides, I liked Shocker.
#324649 by fragility
Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:17 pm
Well, yesterday sucked.

One elderly relative, who I'm close to, is, at least temporarily heading for residential care. While my mum was sorting her out, my grandma's cancer sent her to hospital. And then to top it off, while I was making sure she was ok and settled, my childhood cat had to be put to sleep, so u couldn't be the one to take her or even say goodbye.

RIP Onion. The sweetest, and probably loopiest little cat I have ever known.

Oh, and my mum and sis have both informed me they we're having stuff drinks after that. Thanks guys, still breastfeeding. *pours appletiser into wine glass"

On the upside, my grandma is a complete and utter legend. My message to cancer: "your victory in this particular war may be inevitable, but if you wanted an easy victory, you picked the wrong lady to mess with cos she's not going down without a fight"

Hoping today's a better day!
#324705 by fragility
Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:49 pm
Oh my god! My eyeballs are on fire, my head is throbbing and my body is aching. I need to sleep. Please, just let me sleep, and let me have more than an hr of it in a row. I just want to cry it hurts so bad.
#324706 by Blazingmonga
Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:46 pm
fragility wrote:Oh my god! My eyeballs are on fire, my head is throbbing and my body is aching. I need to sleep. Please, just let me sleep, and let me have more than an hr of it in a row. I just want to cry it hurts so bad.

What's wrong? Hope you get some rest soon.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
#324707 by Keeker
Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:42 am
fragility wrote:Oh my god! My eyeballs are on fire, my head is throbbing and my body is aching. I need to sleep. Please, just let me sleep, and let me have more than an hr of it in a row. I just want to cry it hurts so bad.

Sounds most unpleasant. Hope you have found some decent sleep by now!
#324718 by fragility
Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:45 pm
Just a teething 10 month old, with an upset tummy and a deeply held belief that sleep is her mortal enemy, who must be violently battled at all times. Expecting decent sleep in 17 years, 2 months time. Still worth it though
#324719 by Keeker
Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:31 pm
fragility wrote:Just a teething 10 month old, with an upset tummy and a deeply held belief that sleep is her mortal enemy, who must be violently battled at all times. Expecting decent sleep in 17 years, 2 months time. Still worth it though

Hell no, these are the easy years - when they're still under your control! :D Don't worry, it does get better, you have some golden years coming up when they are in the single digit age group - keep bedtime at a set time early in the evening and you get those evenings (mostly) to sit and enjoy again. :P