Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#324913 by Victimlas
Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:51 am
fragility wrote:My grandma died yesterday.

I'm largely feeling relief that she's not suffered any longer than she had to, and lucky that I had such an amazing grandma for so long, that she lead a long and full life, and that the absolute angels at the hospice gave her the peaceful, and dignified end she deserved.

The world is a less interesting place today without one of its great characters. RIP Grandma

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandma :( :( Sounds like she was an awesome person <3

RIP Lemmy and David Bowie
#324917 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:39 am
RIP Alan Rickman. Another inspiring gentleman lost.

This is shaping up to be a dismal year. Even the man himself agrees:

#325009 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:43 am
My computer has decided to completely shit the bed and die. I'm lucky if I can get it passed the Dell opening screen before it freezes and crashes. Presently at family's house on their laptop while looking for a new one.
#325024 by NapoleonComplexion
Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:43 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:My computer has decided to completely shit the bed and die. I'm lucky if I can get it passed the Dell opening screen before it freezes and crashes. Presently at family's house on their laptop while looking for a new one.

Bookwyrm83 (if that's your real name), my condolences, lamentations and consolations for the loss of your device. Glad you were able to post all the same. I suspected these forums dead, but for a welcome welcome and an addition or two to the boards. Let's keep the pulse active. Cheers!
#325026 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:20 am
^Thanks, Napoleon! I did get a replacement which (at present) works just fine. Glad to see more than just 5 people using the forums, as well. (I still like you other die-hards.)
#325032 by ppinkham
Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:22 pm
These are my wife's grandparents. We are in complete shock:

http://news3lv.com/news/local/one-perso ... -and-sloan

POLICE: Woman dead after husband accidentally hits her with a car near Owens and Sloan

LAS VEGAS, Nv (KSNV News3LV) — Tragedy in a Las Vegas Neighborhood as metro says an elderly man hit and killed his wife with their own car.

Metro detectives were called to a home in the 1600 block of Sunrise View Drive around 10:00 AM Friday morning.

They say 87-year-old William Kreger was pulling out of the driveway when somehow his car began driving forward. His wife,81, was in the garage and crushed her against the garage.

"This is a very emotional scene. They had been married for a long time," said Sgt. Richard Strader.

Strader tells News 3 the couple had been married for about 50 years.

"Horrible, it's tragic," said neighbor Ben Winstanley.

Winstanley says he didn't know the couple personally but had seen them around the neighborhood. "They'd get out and they'd walk the dog, the normal neighbor stuff," he said.

After hearing what happened, Winstanley and his wife's hearts just sank. "How do you go on after being with somebody that many years? Your whole life. And then you take their life, it's tough, that would be the hardest thing," they said.

Metro says grief counselors immediately arrived on scene to console the grieving husband. The man had to be taken to the hospital because he suffered some cuts from the impact of the crash.
#325037 by Victimlas
Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:01 am
I am so sorry Paul :( :( What a terrible thing to happen, there are no words. Sending best wishes and love to your family
#325039 by KeasbyNights
Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:45 pm
Holy crud, I'm so sorry to hear that Paul.. I hope he's doing ok with it all.
#325041 by ppinkham
Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:25 pm
Thanks, peeps. Yeah, the whole thing is horrific. Grandpa is doing as well as can be imagined. He really wants to move out of that house now. My father-in-law is trying to talk him into moving out to South Carolina to live closer to him. I just can't imagine what he is going through. It would be tragic enough killing another human, but to accidentally kill the love of your life? There are no words.