Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#323587 by Kleo
Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:13 am
I got offered tickets to see DTP basically every remaining night of the current tour and my leg is swollen it won't fit into my leg brace so I need to decline.
#323620 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:14 pm
I was remembering, of all things, the coffee machine at my grandparents' house and how much I enjoyed using it when it struck me that I would never visit that house ever again. I don't know what's going to happen to it but chances are the land will be sold either to a neighboring farm or winery. The house itself, which has been around for over 100 years, may end up being demolished for all I know.
It's bad enough I wasn't able to attend my grandfather's funeral (and properly say goodbye) but the fact I have lost any opportunities to return to a place which holds so many memories and played an integral part in my life leaves me deeply dismayed. I've tried to keep the reality of this at the back of my mind as I know there's nothing I can do to change it, but it's also made me realize what I've taken for granted both then and now. It's easy to know these things and yet silently dismiss them to focus on others, even if you're not exactly aware that you're doing so.
#324415 by fragility
Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:15 am
I have an elderly disabled aunt, and I just found out som scumbag duped her and stole her purse from the house. F***ing scum bag preying on the vulnerable.

Thankfully, it was just the purse and she came to no harm, but it just sucks that people do that :(
#324416 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:24 am
Speaking of harmless old ladies, I had to inform one such person today that they won't be getting a promised reimbursement of $200, but instead a manager approved $4.40, all because the person she spoke to before me did not advise her of a very clear clause in our compensation terms (which this agent should have known).

I wonder if their manager heard Jaws music when my feedback email was coming through. :chain:
#324424 by EphelDuath666
Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:29 pm
fragility wrote:I have an elderly disabled aunt, and I just found out som scumbag duped her and stole her purse from the house. F***ing scum bag preying on the vulnerable.

Thankfully, it was just the purse and she came to no harm, but it just sucks that people do that :(

wow, that's quite terrible! :shock: Glad your aunt wasn't harmed though!
#324427 by Lettuce
Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:10 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:I was remembering, of all things, the coffee machine at my grandparents' house and how much I enjoyed using it when it struck me that I would never visit that house ever again. I don't know what's going to happen to it but chances are the land will be sold either to a neighboring farm or winery. The house itself, which has been around for over 100 years, may end up being demolished for all I know.
It's bad enough I wasn't able to attend my grandfather's funeral (and properly say goodbye) but the fact I have lost any opportunities to return to a place which holds so many memories and played an integral part in my life leaves me deeply dismayed. I've tried to keep the reality of this at the back of my mind as I know there's nothing I can do to change it, but it's also made me realize what I've taken for granted both then and now. It's easy to know these things and yet silently dismiss them to focus on others, even if you're not exactly aware that you're doing so.

If it's any comfort, my sister went to Manchester for a business meeting and stopped off at my grandad's grave to clean it, his house is long gone and has subsequently been redeveloped.
Both grandparents in Spain are dead, didn't get to go to their funerals and will most definitely never visit their graves as there's no reason for me to go there.
So....none of that seems comforting and actually sounds pretty horrible; but it's something that nearly everyone has to face one day and before you know it; 5 years have gone since the funeral, 10 years have gone since you had to book emergency flights for your parents, 15 years have gone since you visited them. It'll be at the back of your mind and you don't feel it the way you did.

Off the tack entirely, It's pretty damn annoying when people come into my workshop and start touching stuff. Today I was visited by someone from an art society I do talks at (technical aspects, not artsy waffle) and she was worse than a toddler, picking up everything. I've a desk full of master sculpt commissions made of plasticine and you guys know how typically tiny my work is. I may have sounded like a total diva for shrieking at her but if she broke anything I'd be sticking her under my patio by now. You wouldn't start fingering all the gateauxs in a cake shop or squeezing all the hamsters in a pet shop, but apparently this was fine and I was being irrational.
#324428 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:48 am
^Well, I am going back to the US next week, so I'll be able to visit their graves and the house and say my last goodbyes in that regard.
It'll also be good to see my extended family and enjoy some time in the California summer sun.

Oh who am I kidding, I'll miss winter here the moment I set foot over there. But at least I won't be cooped up in that goddamn office!
#324430 by Lettuce
Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:28 pm
Winter's bollocks. I hate it. I've spent every precious spare second I can vegging out on the sun lounger in the yard; though I have woods backing my garden with protected trees casting a mammoth shadow, so I have to shift myself every hour or so- so come 3:30pm I'm pretty much on my drive in hotpants and bra on full display to the lads coming home from school; but I'm at that point in my life where I honestly couldn't give a fuck, they have the misery of adulthood to look forward to while I've still managed to bypass most of it.
#324432 by EphelDuath666
Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:43 pm
I have a hard time dealing with the summer heat. Especially when it's pretty muggy out. I wish I could handle the heat better but my body just doesn't seem to be able to. I envy people who don't have any issues with it. Not really a winter fan either but at least I can dress warm when it's cold and that takes care of that problem, heh. I love spring weather. Not too hot, not too cold. Just right. Oh well, see ya next year, dear spring!
#324433 by JuZ
Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:44 pm
If I could just find well paying jobs for me and Mrs Juz, we'd move up to the northern coast of New South Wales. Hot without being disgustingly hot in the peak of summer, cool but not too cold in winter and perfect for the rest of the time. Pristine beaches everywhere, lush countryside, affordable real estate.

Damn you lack of qualifications for the weirdly specific jobs they have up there! :lol:
#324465 by Keeker
Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:12 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:R.I.P. Christopher Lee.

A true legend and gentleman.

And Ron Moody too. Sad day.
#324470 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:36 pm
Well, nice to know I can come back to my family in America and watch them shout at each other with foam in their mouths, as if they were rabid dogs ready to tear each other apart. No stress at all.

*Edit, all good now. I'll just try and avoid getting involved in squabbles.
#324471 by Nathan_lol
Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:48 am
Had a gig at a coffee shop tonight, had to quit it an hour in because I tore a vocal chord or something. Been pushing my singing too far lately, and hitting any sort of high note makes me vomit.

Actually threw up in a McDonald's parking lot today after trying to warm my voice up (in the car), but I thought I could still do the gig. There was also literally no one in attendance so that didn't help morale!

Ah well, I'm not really a fan of doing solo acoustic shit anyways. I just thought it would be a good chance to get some of my shit out there.